Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 26, 2014, 02:06:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesome Video! What Happened?  (Read 3885 times)
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2010, 08:47:12 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3YEC_6I63g&feature=related
Report to moderator   Logged

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:00:42 AM »

I got a few goosebumps watching that.   

I hope this matchup comes to pass, like all good things, you have to wait for them and the anticipation makes it sweetest.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 12:33:15 PM »

horse
Really cool video!!! Thanks! bowing
Horse Voice

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 03:08:14 PM »

What happened?

Where were you the last few weeks, China?

Rachel was a short horse in her prep race, and the connections wisely passed on the Apple Blossom.

Zenyatta beat the junior varsity in her prep, then crawled past the Little Sisters of the Poor Beyers in the Apple Blossom in very slow time. She ran fast enough to win, and while she can't be faulted for that, it was hardly a performance worthy of a $500,000 purse.

There -- you are now up to speed.  thumbs up
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 08:15:46 PM »

What happened?

Rachel was a short horse in her prep race, and the connections wisely passed on the Apple Blossom.

Zenyatta beat the junior varsity in her prep, then crawled past the Little Sisters of the Poor Beyers in the Apple Blossom in very slow time. She ran fast enough to win, and while she can't be faulted for that, it was hardly a performance worthy of a $500,000 purse.

No, I've been working 50 - 60 hour weeks (worked today in fact) but all in the states.   I may return to China this summer.

I saw Rachel run in New Orleans and could see she wasn't ready for Zenyatta.   I wanted to go to Arkansas but my boss had other ideas.    It will be good to watch RA and Zen both round into their best condition and then meet up (hoof to hoof).  Perhaps the midwest would be neutral ground for a east and west coaster to meet.  I missed racing last year and only heard tell of these two greats in action, this year I can't  wait to see them battle it out.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »

What happened?

I was being sarcastic. DUH!  screwy

As for Zenyatta's time, I guess a 95 BSF for a workout is pretty good. Just imagine if Mike Smith actually used his whip.  nyah

Horse Voice

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 09:38:27 PM »

I was being sarcastic. DUH!  screwy

Really?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 09:54:50 PM »

Really?

I can see how you might have been confused. The Mel family has only the highest regard for RA, and never starts any of the shit.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 10:18:06 PM »

I got a few goosebumps watching that.   

I hope this matchup comes to pass, like all good things, you have to wait for them and the anticipation makes it sweetest.

Mick, they will never run against each other. Rachel is going to get her ass handed to her again on April 30 if she runs against Careless Jewel and Zardana. Lets look forward to the Classic as Zenyatta trounces the boys again!  trophy
Horse Voice

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 02:55:52 AM »

Rachel is going to get her ass handed to her again on April 30 if she runs against Careless Jewel and Zardana.

Ahh...just basking in the glow of Mel's ultimate "respect" for Rachel Alexandra!

BSmeter BSmeter BSmeter
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 08:50:12 AM »

Ahh...just basking in the glow of Mel's ultimate "respect" for Rachel Alexandra!

BSmeter BSmeter BSmeter

Why respect the connections of a horse that's bad for racing? No Breeders Cup races, skipped out on the AP Invitational, and I'll bet anyone here that RA will not run in a 1 1/4 race let alone the BC Classic - Where the Big Boys (and Girls) Play!

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »

Respect has nothing to do with talent. Something you still can't figure out. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »

Crank the sound up, terrific video!!!!!
Horse Voice

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 10:39:08 AM »

Why respect the connections of a horse that's bad for racing? No Breeders Cup races, skipped out on the AP Invitational, and I'll bet anyone here that RA will not run in a 1 1/4 race let alone the BC Classic - Where the Big Boys (and Girls) Play!

No, nothing about the connections. Wrong idea.

Mel basically lied when he came out here in another thread and posted that he has the "ultimate respect" for Rachel -- that's why he keeps posting so much insulting crap about her. God forbid a champion horse comes back to racing a little short, Mel would thinking about dropping her into a $5000N1Y if he owned her.

With that kind of thinking, the money pressure growing up in your household must have been tremendous.

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 12:44:05 PM »

With that kind of thinking, the money pressure growing up in your household must have been tremendous.

At least he don't have to talk to himself in the mirror!  laughing guy
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 07:11:52 AM »

Mick, they will never run against each other. Rachel is going to get her ass handed to her again on April 30 if she runs against Careless Jewel and Zardana. Lets look forward to the Classic as Zenyatta trounces the boys again!  trophy

RA isn't running the 30th.....she's pointing to the fleur di lis (i think it's called) in may.....

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 07:17:09 AM »

so i guess Quality Road is BAD for racing as  he  didn't run in the BC (gate scratch) or a 1 1/4 race, and 1/2 the good horses in the derby and Oaks are BAD for it as they didn't run in the BC juv and ......... laughing guy

Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 11:05:35 AM »

RA isn't running the 30th.....she's pointing to the fleur di lis (i think it's called) in may.....

Really?

You ought to get this published. You'd be scooping every turf writer in the country.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 01:24:12 PM »

Really?

You ought to get this published. You'd be scooping every turf writer in the country.

hey marcus,...didn't mean to step on toes or anything, just repeating what i was told by someone on the inside last friday....maybe he is right, maybe he is wrong......i apologize for posting 'hearsay'......

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 05:12:11 PM »

The Courier Journal says

"There is still no decision on the race that will mark Rachel Alexandra’s return to competition."

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100419/SPORTS08/4190328/1037/%E2%80%98Rachel++sizzles+in+Churchill+workout
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 01:21:25 AM »

hey marcus,...didn't mean to step on toes or anything, just repeating what i was told by someone on the inside last friday....maybe he is right, maybe he is wrong......i apologize for posting 'hearsay'......

You don't have to apologize sweetheart, heresay is all he writes about anyway.  Kiss
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 08:34:41 AM »

so i guess Quality Road is BAD for racing as  he  didn't run in the BC (gate scratch) or a 1 1/4 race, and 1/2 the good horses in the derby and Oaks are BAD for it as they didn't run in the BC juv and ......... laughing guy

He got scratched by the Doc at the gate!  doh At least he entered.

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 08:36:22 AM »

You don't have to apologize sweetheart, hearsay is all he writes about anyway.  Kiss
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 11:11:11 AM »

You can post 'hearsay' all you want. And this may well be were RA starts. But when it comes out as gospel, and all 'official' words from the connections say otherwise, then i think it worth pointing out the divergence between the two.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »

You don't have to apologize sweetheart, heresay is all he writes about anyway.  Kiss

Zing!!!
I do have to say, mel4600, your barbs might cut deeper if they weren't (every - single - time) larded with spelling and/or grammatical errors.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 12:03:31 PM »

Zing!!!
I do have to say, mel4600, your barbs might cut deeper if they weren't (every - single - time) larded with spelling and/or grammatical errors.

Heresay theresay everywhere a say say.

True American geniuses of the racing Internet have no time for piddling considerations like grammar and spelling that generally denote some degree of intelligence in the outside world. They'll be glad to tell you, too.

As long as their scribbling wall of choice has  chicken Kiss  laughing guy and  Wink icons, they're good to go.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 09:13:29 AM »

Zing!!!

You reap what you sow!...and still clueless any way you spell it!  laughing guy laughing guy
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: