Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 09:38:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why/How Can Horse Race Two Nights In A Row @ Maywood Park  (Read 2240 times)
CHUCKNORRISFAN

Ignore
« on: March 14, 2006, 11:26:48 PM »

Little Big Cam entered/ IN TO GO  For race $4000 CLAIMING Thusday 4th race post 1 $4000 claiming Friday 11th Race post 8 (posted on both sites maywood & USTA
I'm a fan of racing BUT when you take a horse and enter/race day after day with no REGARDS for what a demanding effort the EQUINE must display and expect NO REST .....
What type of RACING has Chicago Harness Track(MAYWOOD) been lowered too
Even Greyhouds get a couple days to rest after running
Not being a trainer maybe i'm MISSING something  Please shed some light on this if your a trainer/ horseman
What type of owner/s would even let trainer do this
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 11:30:12 PM »

Little Big Cam entered/ IN TO GO  For race $4000 CLAIMING Thusday 4th race post 1 $4000 claiming Friday 11th Race post 8 (posted on both sites maywood & USTA
I'm a fan of racing BUT when you take a horse and enter/race day after day with no REGARDS for what a demanding effort the EQUINE must display and expect NO REST .....
Not being a trainer maybe i'm MISSING something  Please shed some light on this if your a trainer/ horseman

That's what broke and busted people do. They will kill a horse if they have a chance to make a few hundred dollars.

" CHICAGO HARNESS RACING IS A REAL COMEDY SHOW "   also   " IT'S A DEAD GAME LADDIE "
njhorseman

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 11:34:28 PM »

Standardbreds are very sturdy animals.

Years ago Herve Filion had a horse that won a stakes race at Roosevelt one night, and won another the next night at Liberty Bell.

Horses used to race multiple heats fairly routinely, and there still are a couple of multiple heat races.

Admittedly young stakes horses are generally a lot sounder than your average 4 claimer, but it can be done. Somehow I see a "training mile" on Thursday from the 8 hole, and a race on Friday from the rail.  Grin
CHUCKNORRISFAN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:36:14 PM »

Wow ...
Is it a shame that a poor 11year old horse who looks like he is about to get WORKED OVER SO BADLY THE NEXT FEW EVENINGS BY THIS CREW ...
ANY IDEAS OF WHO HAS DONE THIS IN THE PAST
I cant recall ever seeing this
CHUCKNORRISFAN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 11:38:40 PM »

I thought last race dates meant something  noted AE in entries
Why not just race one less horses
Can this owner be that BROKE  ....
brenda

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 11:53:34 PM »

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER RACE OFFICE SCREW UP. DOC DRAWS FOR THURSDAY AND FRIDAY ON MONDAY. DOUBLE DRAW.
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 12:31:07 AM »

I'm not saying the owner/trainer are not broke dick dog, but maybe they were not sure if they would draw in to the first entry. I doubt they would race back to back nights. I don't know the horse, but what I am reading is he couldn't beat a fat man up a hill. ( But he's not racing a fat man up a hill j/k lol) I would have to say if he races Thursday, he will not be in Friday.
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 01:04:49 AM »

When I was a kid I saw a t-bred race the last two days of the Chicago season
at old Spt 5/8 in mid Nov.Got a third and a second.                                          I don't recall ever seeing a harness horse race two days in a row
other than a breaker going in to qualify.Have seen many harness horses come back with one off day.
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 01:08:59 AM »

When I was a kid I saw a t-bred race the last two days of the Chicago season
at old Spt 5/8 in mid Nov.Got a third and a second. I don't recall ever seeing a harness horse race two days in a row
other than a breaker going in to qualify.Have seen many harness horses come back with one off day.
Filmore, You have seen many harness horses race after one day off?? I'm not trying to be rude but can you name a few and dates?
swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 01:17:43 AM »

they do at fairs but they did this to get the races filled i'm willing to bet they will pick the easiest race so if he drew better in one of the two thats the one they will race or if one comes up easier then the other one thats the one they will race in noway will this horse race both nights...they do this all the time with throughbreds. they will enter for two races and race in the easier one of the two .....
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 01:21:33 AM »

GEZZUS CHRIST. It happens all the time in FLATS. I am getting sick and tired of reading this SHIT. YOU choose the race. You decide which one you want to run in.
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 01:25:29 AM »

« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 02:26:15 AM by bigdaddy » Report to moderator   Logged
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 01:35:32 AM »

*** YOU CHUBBY. And when you post again at least give a semblence on your side that you KNOW WHAT THE *** YOUR TALKIN ABOUT.
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 02:27:51 AM »

f*** YOU CHUBBY. And when you post again at least give a semblence on your side that you KNOW WHAT THE f*** YOUR TALKIN ABOUT.
GEZZUS CHRIST. It happens all the time in FLATS. I am getting sick and tired of reading this SHIT. YOU choose the race. You decide which one you want to run in.
Well Mr. Frank, Than you for calling me "chubby and not fat." I must apologize to you, after looking at your post's I didn't realize you were the expert poster in both harness and thourobred sites. Do you have infomercials on late night TV also?  If so you are my idol. But you should have someone check your spelling. SEMBLENCE S/B SEMBLANCE  AND TALKIN S/B TALKING. But who am I.
Harness fan

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 04:14:42 AM »

I am looking at thursday program Little cam is in the 11th race with Bier aboard and in the late entries in the friday card in the 4th with rj Anderson aboard from the 1 hole. Both are 3,300 purses. Also R Anderson is listed also on Sand flying dragon which probably means there will be no little cam on Friday...
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 04:17:00 AM »

Penn Emotion raced Feb 8 BMLP
Qual next day Feb 9 at MAY
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 10:15:15 AM »

they do at fairs but they did this to get the races filled i'm willing to bet they will pick the easiest race so if he drew better in one of the two thats the one they will race or if one comes up easier then the other one thats the one they will race in noway will this horse race both nights...they do this all the time with throughbreds. they will enter for two races and race in the easier one of the two .....
Actually, I think that the fairs JUST outlawed this last year, if my memory serves me correctly.  No back to back days, right?  Maybe someone with more fair ties can verify.

As of late, the only one I can think of that was really racing a bunch of starts was Bell Valley Man.  Had EIGHT starts in January of 2005, racing off two days rest three or four times.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
thebigm

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 11:40:45 AM »

what a joke!  Racing for peanuts and you race the horse on back to back days--Wait until hoosier opens and some of the chi rats ship out racing a couple times a week might become common place just to fill fields--Boy is Chi in trouble---

I sure miss the good 'ol days!!
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 06:34:16 PM »

KEEPON ROXIE raced 7-15 at Henry and July 17 at HAW last summer.
NEVER A BIG DOG raced AUG 2&4&6&8
at various IL fairs 4 starts in seven days
3 consecutive starts off a single off day
Lotsatrot

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 10:11:29 PM »

Here's a recent one for you guys:

Sky Watch Feb. 24, '05 - 4th at the Meadowlands

Sky Watch Feb. 26, '05 - 5th at the Meadowlands Div. of The Horse & Groom
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006, 05:02:59 AM »

maroon Oh no, you are tarnishing my image of the BigM--the place with the best drivers, trainers, fans and horses.  There is so much wrong with harness racing it should just be ended.  Tracks could become full sized versions of those horse racing machines that they have in Vegas.  You put in your dough and watch the mechanical animals go around the track.  I watched people charting the results, looking for patterns!
LV_GaryD
Highly Unesteemed Former Horseman

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 10:57:21 AM »

Who cares about how often they race a $4000 claiming rat? You can't hurt a rat.
Dan Nance

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 12:05:55 PM »

maroon Oh no, you are tarnishing my image of the BigM--the place with the best drivers, trainers, fans and horses.  There is so much wrong with harness racing it should just be ended.  Tracks could become full sized versions of those horse racing machines that they have in Vegas.  You put in your dough and watch the mechanical animals go around the track.  I watched people charting the results, looking for patterns!

Those machines are all gone from Vegas, the same way harness racing will be gone if it keeps heading in the direction it's heading now.

Yes, even the Big M. has gone downhill from what it once was.
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 12:59:02 PM »

Who cares about how often they race a $4000 claiming rat? You can't hurt a rat.
Because it's cruel, It's not the horses fault that he's only a 4 claimer but any trainer should use common sense and not race a horse 2-3 times a week.
CHUCKNORRISFAN

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 03:10:47 PM »

LV Gary D
Actually i know many people who care for the well being of racehorses no matter what they are RATED/ WORTH
YOUR A LOSER
Bet your a nickle slot player and a $2.00 horse gambler who works at a car wash part time as needed wiping WEALTHTY folks like Mr. Nances cars dry ... hoping for a good tip

Seek help for yourself    Anger Management  /Depression MEDS are OBVIOUSLY NEEDED
Good luck
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: