Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 08:54:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why doesn't anybody claim little pedro?  (Read 1637 times)
honesthorseman

« on: April 10, 2010, 07:46:52 PM »

he was a 150 pacer @ 2 and is only 5.....only in for 4
Report to moderator   Logged
Grandstand Goof

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »

For $4000 plus tax you can find out real fast!
racing fan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »

The horse is barbecued. Besides no one in Chicago has 4k to claim him.
RD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »

Reach in there and get yourself a nice horse pet  laughing guy
RD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 08:52:36 PM »

The horse is barbecued. Besides no one in Chicago has 4k to claim him.

With Leons sauce  thumbs up
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 08:57:31 PM »

realistkly him being only 5 yrs old,,for 4 grand,,what a bargain and he would easily earn back the cash if someone rested him for 6 months and brought him back healthier,,,,,,,,,,AND with these shitty purses,nowonder no 0ne will claim him
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 09:02:33 PM »

probably because he was off for about 21 months (3/08 - 12/09)

racing fan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 09:24:08 PM »

realistkly him being only 5 yrs old,,for 4 grand,,what a bargain and he would easily earn back the cash if someone rested him for 6 months and brought him back healthier,,,,,,,,,,AND with these shitty purses,nowonder no 0ne will claim him
The treatment of this horse should be an example of exactly what not to do with a race horse. After the summer of his 2 year old season these dumb *** morons were racing him in the dead of winter at the end of his 2 year old season and the beginning of his 3 year old season as opposed to turning him out. He was  going first over miles in 52 in single digit temperatures. Good job Paccitti you dumb idiot. Now look what you got a 4 claimer
honesthorseman

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 07:03:15 AM »

The treatment of this horse should be an example of exactly what not to do with a race horse. After the summer of his 2 year old season these dumb ***ing morons were racing him in the dead of winter at the end of his 2 year old season and the beginning of his 3 year old season as opposed to turning him out. He was  going first over miles in 52 in single digit temperatures. Good job Paccitti you dumb idiot. Now look what you got a 4 claimer

he was in the ffa in illinois as a 2 year old and raced against older horses at the meadowlands as a newly turned 3 year old

you can claim little pedro and puhjols and have a pretty classy stable of yesteryear horses

Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 07:22:59 AM »

Paced in :53.4, beat 3/4 of a length by Grand Freedom.

The 4's are tough in Chicago.

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
ILHorseman65

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »

service another stupid comment man you batting 1000 dude...try because he had a major injury and missed MONTHS of racing and was turned out a long time and you dumb azz thinks OH No one thought of that Im so smart LOL what a idiot. Horses get injuries all the time and arent what they used to be. I do agree he should have been stopped with after his 3 year old year they got what they asked for with him its true I dont believe it was the right thing to do BUT in case you didnt know it was Pacitti wanting to send him to the Meadowlands it was the owner so lay off of Bruce it wasnt his decision.  Alot of times the trainers have to do whjat the owners want regardless if its the right thing for the horse or the owners get mad and take them to someone else.  He is a classy old horse but if he was what he ised to be or even close he wouldnt be in that 4000 claimer. So go ahead sevice jump right in and this would be a great way for you to get your feet wet since you know it all claim him go buy a harness and some hopples and a jog cart and show us all how its done. Lets see you send him back to the FFAs....anyone else want to challenge this moron to that task?Huh Im sure not  LOL
racing fan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 08:14:56 AM »

service another stupid comment man you batting 1000 dude...try because he had a major injury and missed MONTHS of racing and was turned out a long time and you dumb azz thinks OH No one thought of that Im so smart LOL what a idiot. Horses get injuries all the time and arent what they used to be. I do agree he should have been stopped with after his 3 year old year they got what they asked for with him its true I dont believe it was the right thing to do BUT in case you didnt know it was Pacitti wanting to send him to the Meadowlands it was the owner so lay off of Bruce it wasnt his decision.  Alot of times the trainers have to do whjat the owners want regardless if its the right thing for the horse or the owners get mad and take them to someone else.  He is a classy old horse but if he was what he ised to be or even close he wouldnt be in that 4000 claimer. So go ahead sevice jump right in and this would be a great way for you to get your feet wet since you know it all claim him go buy a harness and some hopples and a jog cart and show us all how its done. Lets see you send him back to the FFAs....anyone else want to challenge this moron to that task?Huh Im sure not  LOL
Il Horsemen i agree with you except on one part a trainer should know better than to send a newly turned 3 year old to the meadowlands racing tough miles in the dead of winter against older horses. Isn't that horse racing 101.
ILHorseman65

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 12:58:39 PM »

Ok racing fan lets say I trained Little Pedro for you and he just got done winning in 150 I sure as HELL would tell you to stop for the year and turn him out for next year BUT some people are greedy and see those $$$ out east and he was on top of his game. I know for a fact he was sent out there for 2 races since he was so sharp well needless to say it didnt workout that way but if an owner says I want MY HORSE to go out EAST what are you goinbg to do refuse??? Hes the owner its his right to do what he wants yes it is Horsemanship 101 but alot of owners have no clue trust me theres been many times my horsesw werent in races where they should have been because of an owner. I usually would say ok well him him/her a shot in there and if they did no good or they got another shit I then would say listen this horse isnt this caliber or cant be competitive with these horses and if they would insist I usually would tell them to take the horse somewhere else. That usually sealed the deal and I put the horse where he belongs but I have had owners walk the horses out of the barn as well. Sometimes you cant afford to have that happen but it gets to a point of being ridiculous. Then they come in and *** about not making any money to pay the bills well your the one that wants to race the horse over his head now arent you? They usually shut up by then and let me put the horse where they fit.  If they dont like it they can move on I do well enough with my own horses and am financially sounds that I can do that but alot cant. I dont put up with idiot owners they can take them right out the door they lead them thru if thats the case.  Or an owner that doesnt pay his bills on time dont have time for that shit either. They need to be abloe to pay the bills without the horse making a dime if they cant then they shouldnt have a horse. Bad luck comes and goes and lameness comes and goes theres always months where a horse didnt race or didnt make any money because of a bad trip or a bad draw too many times in a row etc....make enough to cover the expenses or get out
racing fan

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 01:22:19 PM »

Ok racing fan lets say I trained Little Pedro for you and he just got done winning in 150 I sure as HELL would tell you to stop for the year and turn him out for next year BUT some people are greedy and see those $$$ out east and he was on top of his game. I know for a fact he was sent out there for 2 races since he was so sharp well needless to say it didnt workout that way but if an owner says I want MY HORSE to go out EAST what are you goinbg to do refuse??? Hes the owner its his right to do what he wants yes it is Horsemanship 101 but alot of owners have no clue trust me theres been many times my horsesw werent in races where they should have been because of an owner. I usually would say ok well him him/her a shot in there and if they did no good or they got another shit I then would say listen this horse isnt this caliber or cant be competitive with these horses and if they would insist I usually would tell them to take the horse somewhere else. That usually sealed the deal and I put the horse where he belongs but I have had owners walk the horses out of the barn as well. Sometimes you cant afford to have that happen but it gets to a point of being ridiculous. Then they come in and *** about not making any money to pay the bills well your the one that wants to race the horse over his head now arent you? They usually shut up by then and let me put the horse where they fit.  If they dont like it they can move on I do well enough with my own horses and am financially sounds that I can do that but alot cant. I dont put up with idiot owners they can take them right out the door they lead them thru if thats the case.  Or an owner that doesnt pay his bills on time dont have time for that shit either. They need to be abloe to pay the bills without the horse making a dime if they cant then they shouldnt have a horse. Bad luck comes and goes and lameness comes and goes theres always months where a horse didnt race or didnt make any money because of a bad trip or a bad draw too many times in a row etc....make enough to cover the expenses or get out
Like i said i agree with you completely but if i was the trainer i would try to convey to the owner that i am the expert not you. I remeber when he went out there and i believe i even commented about it. Thinking what are they trying to do gut this horse. I believe they made close to 75k with him as a 2 year old there are plenty of races for him as a three year old that it wasnt neccessary to race him with older horses in the dead of winter going tough trips
honesthorseman

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 01:34:31 PM »

you never know how a horse comes back after getting turned out.....

little pedro beat art official as a 2 year old and had to race against horses like mucho sleazy and lets get it started

i don't blame them for trying to try and get late money as a 2 year old and or the early money as a 3 year old

Moni for free

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 01:53:42 PM »

Paced in :53.4, beat 3/4 of a length by Grand Freedom.

The 4's are tough in Chicago.
sounds like he'd be a good claim to bring back east to a place like Vernon where he'd be able to race in the top conditions every week and make some cheddar....  the 15 claimers go 54 here...
honesthorseman

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 01:55:18 PM »

sounds like he'd be a good claim to bring back east to a place like Vernon where he'd be able to race in the top conditions every week and make some cheddar....  the 15 claimers go 54 here...

if you claim a horse in chicago it has to stay here for 60 days
Moni for free

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 02:08:18 PM »

if you claim a horse in chicago it has to stay here for 60 days
its pretty standard... I'm just commenting that it probably be a good buy
honesthorseman

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 02:12:43 PM »

its pretty standard... I'm just commenting that it probably be a good buy

what size track is vernon?   what kind of surface is it?

with balmoral being a limestone mile track it is hard to race there types of horses on anything else
Moni for free

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 02:15:59 PM »

what size track is vernon?   what kind of surface is it?

with balmoral being a limestone mile track it is hard to race there types of horses on anything else
7/8ths stone dust..... obviously you'd have to private purchase and give the horse a little time to acclimate. 
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 03:24:11 PM »

He's available for sale.
THUNDER KING
THUNDER KING

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »

I think ILHORSEMAN65 should claim Little Pedro and let Widger drive for him. They can take Little Pedro out east and reap huge rewards.

Then i got rich... then i got poor again havent changed since !!!
Moni for free

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »

I think ILHORSEMAN65 should claim Little Pedro and let Widger drive for him. They can take Little Pedro out east and reap huge rewards.
sounds like if they could get him right he'd be the kind of horse that could make BIG cheddar in the conditions out here..
noc

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »

sounds like if they could get him right he'd be the kind of horse that could make BIG cheddar in the conditions out here..
"if they could get him right"   Big IF....If Pacitti couldn't do it then no one can unless Seldon becomes eligible to train again in the near future.  nyah nyah nyah nyah  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Moni for free

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »

"if they could get him right"   Big IF....If Pacitti couldn't do it then no one can unless Seldon becomes eligible to train again in the near future.  nyah nyah nyah nyah  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
ya ya ya, you don't think people outside of Chicago can train?  There are SOME legitimate horsemen in this neck of the woods... not many but some.. send him to Angus, he'll be an open winner as long as Angus doesn't drive..
noc

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 05:00:11 PM »

ya ya ya, you don't think people outside of Chicago can train?  There are SOME legitimate horsemen in this neck of the woods... not many but some.. send him to Angus, he'll be an open winner as long as Angus doesn't drive..
Never said anything of the kind...Just pointing out a FACT that Pacitti can really turn one around..Hasn't.
Moni for free

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 05:09:05 PM »

Never said anything of the kind...Just pointing out a FACT that Pacitti can really turn one around..Hasn't.
4 claimers going 53? no shame in that horses ability...I'm sure thats more a product of the low purse structure than anything else... back east that would be a 15 claimer here.. When Artist Stena(yes the Artist Stena that was in the 98 Pace) won his 6 claimer here they went 54.4... doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that he'd fit here as is...
tsunami

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 08:18:39 PM »

for $1800 purses  Huh

I beleive the smart claim was made out of that race Grand Freedom , he will be 1st or 2nd every race and stay sound so you can at least get your money back in about 6 starts Roll Eyes

as the old saying goes ~ Buy me or beat me
ILHorseman65

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 08:40:15 PM »

and BML isnt going for peanuts already LOL
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 08:41:41 PM »

may pedro should to iLhorse,s barn,,where milkshakes do the trick,,,, laughing guy
Uncle Merf

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »

Bruce, send him to Indy.  Let Sammy win over and over.
ILHorseman65

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 09:34:54 PM »

may pedro should to iLhorse,s barn,,where milkshakes do the trick,,,,

hey service sounds like you need a few tips on grammar and or how to type moron. Yeah milkshakes thats the trick for sure LOL have you ever heard of a blood gas test dipshit
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2010, 10:55:14 PM »

may pedro should to iLhorse,s barn,,where milkshakes do the trick,,,,

hey service sounds like you need a few tips on grammar and or how to type moron. Yeah milkshakes thats the trick for sure LOL have you ever heard of a blood gas test dipshit
i,m quite sure you know about blood gas tests,many of them
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »

service another stupid comment man you batting 1000 dude...try because he had a major injury and missed MONTHS of racing and was turned out a long time and you dumb azz thinks OH No one thought of that Im so smart LOL what a idiot.

so your saying horses can,t come back from injuries,,i gave a simple coment and your bashing it,hey i,m sorry i don,t get the inside info on injuries like you do,,,But i won,t suck the owners dick to get the info like you do..
ILHorseman65

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 06:26:27 AM »

Are you truly that much of a stupid fool?  LOL people like you make me laugh what a moron LOL the inside scoop huh LOL ok well it doesnt take a friggin rocket scientist to figure out the horse had a major issue for all the time he missed and he went from a FFA to a 4000 claimer you think thats just because of whatever?  And any horseman know what a blood gas test is your idiot LOL not even going to bother with saying anything.  I would hate to know how many horses youve bet on that have had a milkshake and Im sure you werent complaining then. If you need to cheat to win then theres not much point in my book I realize alot go alot of things but my horses are trainer and are fed very well and doesnt matter how much juice you have if the horse isnt fed well and isnt fit all the juice in the world isnt going to matter but you wouldnt know a thing about any of that just know how to accuse people of things you have no clue about or even who I am or where I race. You only wish you knew and you wish I would suck your dick isnt that right LOL?Huh LOL
THUNDER KING
THUNDER KING

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 08:27:39 AM »

DISGUSTING!!!  VERY LOW CLASS!!!  WHAT ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT???

Then i got rich... then i got poor again havent changed since !!!
ILHorseman65

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2010, 09:12:32 AM »

LOL he started with it so I finished it or tried to LOL
tsunami

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2010, 08:01:24 PM »

DISGUSTING!!!  VERY LOW CLASS!!!  WHAT ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT???

W@W aren't we calling the kettle black ...................sheesh Roll Eyes

Aren't you the one who started the Widger thread?
ILHorseman65

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2010, 08:37:11 PM »

LOL yes he is how bout it
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »

and ill be nice today,,,,,good arguments are needed here once in a while
ILHorseman65

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2010, 05:17:41 AM »

I suppose but this one get old real fast Im about ready to just delete the profile and not bother with it anymore its not why I came on here to argue with people and all of that its not worth the effort I have too many posotive things going on in my life to be drug down with this klind of stuff.....have a good one
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: