Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 22, 2014, 08:51:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IRB MEETING AT MAYWOOD 4/13/06  (Read 2149 times)
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 12:13:01 AM »

I never said go in there with no idea or just general ***. I sit on the city council and there is a intimadation factor of a large crowd. I said if they as a commission have passed a policy they have to follow that policy! I am not going to sit back and watch this industry fail, I have met with Rod Blogo the Gov. of this state I have had many sit downs with state legislators and if I have to I will run for office my self. I am not the problem I am part of the solution! This is the time for all horseman to have a backbone stand up and let everyone know we wont be ignored anymore! I am glad you have an Idol and have tried to be respectfull, I have been in this business all my 45 years I was good freinds of Greg Morgan and Uncle Tom Morgan Very good people! Tony may be one of the best drivers ever but he has never drove for me and I would scratch before he did.     
Report to moderator   Logged
tonymfan

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 09:50:58 AM »

I never said go in there with no idea or just general ***. I sit on the city council and there is a intimadation factor of a large crowd. I said if they as a commission have passed a policy they have to follow that policy! I am not going to sit back and watch this industry fail, I have met with Rod Blogo the Gov. of this state I have had many sit downs with state legislators and if I have to I will run for office my self. I am not the problem I am part of the solution! This is the time for all horseman to have a backbone stand up and let everyone know we wont be ignored anymore! I am glad you have an Idol and have tried to be respectfull, I have been in this business all my 45 years I was good freinds of Greg Morgan and Uncle Tom Morgan Very good people! Tony may be one of the best drivers ever but he has never drove for me and I would scratch before he did.     

I repeat, Tony Morgan has nothing to do with this argument. If my screen name was jesuscfan Jesus Christ would have nothing to do with it either.

I agree with you a large crowd has an intimidation effect. I have seen it at my own city council. It normally happens when an important issue is on the agenda. What issue on the current agenda are you rallying the troops to support or oppose? The new wagers at Arlington? All I've seen here is "we're not going to take the crap anymore" and "we won't be ignored anymore".

Why didn't you rally the troops to attend a meeting that really meant something on some specific issue and intimidate the comissioners there, like the dates hearing? What makes this meeting "the most important ever", other than it's at Maywood and horsemen don't have to expend too much effort to attend?

Good luck on hoping the IRB has a comment session without bothering to find out ahead of time what the meeting policy is. I never saw one at any IRB meetings I watched. Good luck on your rally.
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 03:36:57 PM »

I realize there is nothing specific on the agenda, and maybe thats good because maybe the thaught would be we will be at all the meetings when there are topics that apply to us. Thank you with wishing us luck. Frustration sets in and we really need to do things differently.I think we need to have contact with the members of the racing board, because we are portrayed as dumb hillbillies.
I would like to collect letters from all horseman stating how much money they put into the state economy each year. I will forward them to all state reps and hand deliver them to the gov.with a signed petition for eliminating recapture. Joe 
c.l.rogers

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 10:01:50 PM »

What happened to the intimidating horsemen presence at the meeting? The pictures posted by EMP showed mostly empty seats with a few suits.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: