Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 11:31:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IRB MEETING AT MAYWOOD 4/13/06  (Read 2180 times)
emp

« on: March 14, 2006, 09:35:17 AM »

1 month away..... start making plans everyone. Maybe everyone should take a day off by boycotting 'the box' and bringing anyone and everyone to the meeting.

As they say there's 'power in numbers'!!!!

Taken from:
http://www.state.il.us/agency/irb/

Upcoming Meetings:

The March board meeting has been cancelled.

The next Board Meeting is scheduled for Thursday,
      April 13, 2006 at Maywood Park Racetrack
      8600 North Avenue, Melrose Park, IL.
      Time and room to be announced.
Report to moderator   Logged
emp

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 07:31:35 PM »

Thursday, April 13, 2006 at Maywood Park
8600 North Avenue, Melrose Park, IL
Windy City Room at 5:30 PM
[/size][/color]
emp

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 01:44:18 PM »

There will be a meeting of the Illinois Racing Board on THURSDAY, APRIL 13, 2006 at MAYWOOD PARK RACETRACK, Windy City Room, 8600 W. North Avenue, Maywood, Illinois, starting at 5:30 p.m. The meeting is open to the public.

AGENDA
[/size]

1. Request submitted by HAWTHORNE RACE COURSE, INC. and SUBURBAN DOWNS, INC. for approval of racing officials.

2. Request submitted by NATIONAL JOCKEY CLUB for approval of a racing official.

3. Request submitted by ARLINGTON PARK RACECOURSE, LLC for approval of racing officials.

4. Request submitted by FAIRMOUNT PARK, INC. for approval of racing officials.

5. Request submitted by FAIRMOUNT PARK, INC. for approval of their 2006 stakes schedule.

6. Request submitted by staff to amend rule 603.60(a)(3)(4)(5), Permitted Use of Foreign Substances and Threshold Levels, to establish a penalty structure for two non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, flunixin and ketoprofen.

7. Request submitted by ARLINGTON PARK RACECOURSE, LLC to amend rule 315, Match Rival.

8. Request submitted by ARLINGTON PARK RACECOURSE, LLC to initiate rulemaking authorizing the “Exacta Double” wager and the “Win, Place Show Pick (n)” wager.

9. Race Meet Status Report.

10. Commissioner Comments.

11. Approval of Board Meeting Minutes.
njhorseman

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 02:46:04 PM »

With that agenda, the meeting should last all of 15 minutes. Then the commissioners will be repairing to their favorite watering hole for a few libations.

Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 02:57:11 PM »

Acording to Roberts rules of order; There is supposed to be a spot on the agenda for citizens comments. I have a copy of Roberts Rules and I will look this up prior to the meeting.
talking head

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 03:36:13 PM »

Hell at those IRB  meetings they wont let ANYBODY talk!!
emp

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 10:31:16 PM »

Acording to Roberts rules of order; There is supposed to be a spot on the agenda for citizens comments. I have a copy of Roberts Rules and I will look this up prior to the meeting.

This may answer your question Honest1.... remember this is Illinois.
http://www.ag.state.il.us/government/openmeet.pdf
Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 10:42:47 PM »

There will be a meeting of the Illinois Racing Board on THURSDAY, APRIL 13, 2006 at MAYWOOD PARK RACETRACK, Windy City Room, 8600 W. North Avenue, Maywood, Illinois, starting at 5:30 p.m. The meeting is open to the public.

AGENDA
[/size]

1. Request submitted by HAWTHORNE RACE COURSE, INC. and SUBURBAN DOWNS, INC. for approval of racing officials.

2. Request submitted by NATIONAL JOCKEY CLUB for approval of a racing official.

3. Request submitted by ARLINGTON PARK RACECOURSE, LLC for approval of racing officials.

4. Request submitted by FAIRMOUNT PARK, INC. for approval of racing officials.

5. Request submitted by FAIRMOUNT PARK, INC. for approval of their 2006 stakes schedule.

6. Request submitted by staff to amend rule 603.60(a)(3)(4)(5), Permitted Use of Foreign Substances and Threshold Levels, to establish a penalty structure for two non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, flunixin and ketoprofen.

7. Request submitted by ARLINGTON PARK RACECOURSE, LLC to amend rule 315, Match Rival.

8. Request submitted by ARLINGTON PARK RACECOURSE, LLC to initiate rulemaking authorizing the “Exacta Double” wager and the “Win, Place Show Pick (n)” wager.

9. Race Meet Status Report.

10. Commissioner Comments.

11. Approval of Board Meeting Minutes.

Maybe they should add #12, Request submitted to IBI and IRB to look into the use of Aranesp by Chicago trainers and vets.

And #13, Request submitted by racing public for an explanation to why Ken Ruckers 6 gout positives seem to have disappeared. 
emp

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 10:05:32 AM »

Friday Thursday the 13th!
[/b]
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 09:46:07 PM »

Everyone who owns, Trains, Drives, Rubs, shoes, Medicates, Sells Hay Straw, or tack should be there!   
tonymfan

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 11:07:22 PM »

Everyone who owns, Trains, Drives, Rubs, shoes, Medicates, Sells Hay Straw, or tack should be there! 

To do what? Dispute racing officials at Hawthorne and NJC, and the Fairmount stakes schedule?
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 11:21:05 PM »

To send a MESSAGE that we are not going to take their crap any longer!
tonymfan

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006, 11:32:06 PM »

To send a MESSAGE that we are not going to take their crap any longer!

Show up and behave like a mindless mob, then? Disrupt the proceedings with a bunch of crap to demonstrate you're not going to take any more unspecified crap? Just walk in and sit there quietly making angry faces like a bunch of lumps? Why don't you try getting something specific on the agenda instead, Mr. Rules of Order?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 11:36:46 PM by tonymfan » Report to moderator   Logged
bobcat

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 12:01:18 AM »

How about # 9  Race meet status report ,what is that?                       Do they want a report on handle? Do yhey get a report from The Johnsons on how they need a bigger cut from the purses,  from the horsepeople on howwe can't hardly afford to stay in Illinois and race for these purses? ,How management has managed to run so many good people out of horseracing? How the IRB has not done enough to test for very well known drugs and race enhancers?  imo. It seems to me that if someone who had a question or comment, suggestion, maybe that is an opportunity to get in a few cracks at them!  just an idea!
tonymfan

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 01:13:55 AM »

It seems to me that if someone who had a question or comment, suggestion, maybe that is an opportunity to get in a few cracks at them!  just an idea!

I don't think IRB meetings take questions and comments from the peanut gallery. They aren't town hall meetings. Unless you are on the agenda you are allowed to observe that's all.
bobcat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 07:04:02 AM »

Hey tm fan , thanx for the reply, I guess for the most part I was just venting.    But I guess the question still stands for me anyway, What is the race track status report about?    Is it only to certify the "Recapture"?,  does that mean that they support it? Here's my status report...... thumbs down.     Maybe Heede Knows!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 07:58:25 AM by bobcat » Report to moderator   Logged
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 08:25:17 AM »

Tonyfan, Your views are very simular to our past IHHA president so with that in mind he was able to accomplish what ? Yes under his tenure we fell behind over 16 million in the purse recapture. My Question is what would it hurt to intimadate these people. I am sure others have gone and tried to speak! And I am sure they were called out of order. Being afraid to try somthing new is whats wrong with this industry. Your Hero ruined Illinois racing for his own benefit then he ran to a venue that has slots. Mark my words he will follow in Ledfords foot prints! If the IRB has passed the policy to follow Roberts rules of order they must have a citizen comments on the ajenda. 
tonymfan

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 08:41:02 AM »

Tonyfan, Your views are very simular to our past IHHA president so with that in mind he was able to accomplish what ? Yes under his tenure we fell behind over 16 million in the purse recapture. My Question is what would it hurt to intimadate these people. I am sure others have gone and tried to speak! And I am sure they were called out of order. Being afraid to try somthing new is whats wrong with this industry. Your Hero ruined Illinois racing for his own benefit then he ran to a venue that has slots. Mark my words he will follow in Ledfords foot prints! If the IRB has passed the policy to follow Roberts rules of order they must have a citizen comments on the ajenda.

honest1 I thought you were one of the smarter ones here, but I see as soon as there's any debate you start right in with the same off-topic "attack" type arguments as any other goof. Tony Morgan has nothing to do with whether or not you can speak at an IRB meeting, or what you hope to accomplish by having a bunch of people show up at an IRB meeting without a specific item on the agenda.

Go right ahead. Show up en masse and try to "intimidate" the IRB with no clear agenda or topic or plan. See if I care. What are you trying to intimidate them into doing? Do you even know? Dumb "plans" like that are what's got the horsemen where they are.
tonymfan

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 08:49:23 AM »

Hey tm fan , thanx for the reply, I guess for the most part I was just venting.    But I guess the question still stands for me anyway, What is the race track status report about?    Is it only to certify the "Recapture"?,  does that mean that they support it? Here's my status report...... thumbs down

I think all they do with the race meet status report is the track operators say how the meet is going. Things like handle numbers and whether there's purse overpayment or underpayment. Like that. You can see if you go to the meeting.

Recapture certification is its own item on some IRB meeting agenda. If they personally support it has nothing to do with anything. Recapture is the law made in Springfield. IRB's job is to administer the racing law. All they do is say "Yes this the right amount", or "No, that's the wrong amount", according to the handle numbers. They can't change recapture.

Some more informed posters like Thomas Graham might have more to add or corrections to make.
mymymy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 08:53:56 AM »

Tonymfan,
What do you suggest we do? Grin
mymymy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 08:56:22 AM »

Honest 1,
Educate me, where did 16mil come from? Do we still owe that or is that what we gave up last year?
bobcat

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 08:59:25 AM »

Sitting back and doing nothing accomplishes just that, nothing! If you have ideas and comments that might help our industry, ANY and all ideas should be voiced, not slammed as if the dog crapped on the bed.   I admit that some ideas are not the best , but all ideas should at least be heard,  What's yours tmf?   How do we help the industry and still praise Tony Morgan at Dover at the same time? Maybe you should listen to some other viewpoints w/o slamming just as we do when you go on with your weekly Tony update ? JMO < BOBCAT
tonymfan

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 09:08:13 AM »

Tonymfan,
What do you suggest we do? Grin

It's hard for individuals to get on the agenda. Don't know if I ever saw that at any meeting I ever watched. Horsemen officials can get on the agenda. What might work is put together some specific ideas or proposals that are something the IRB has the power to address, and get your duly elected IHHA representatives to get them on the agenda for IRB discusssion. For instance if there's a concern about how long it takes to get appeals on the docket, have them address that. General purpose *** session isn't going to fly.

Showing up and yelling at the IRB or embarrassing them or disrupting their meeting or whatever it is that honest1 proposes might make you feel a little better for a couple days, but it's not going to do anything but make the IRB commissioners have bad feelings about horsemen.
tonymfan

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 09:14:30 AM »

Honest 1,
Educate me, where did 16mil come from? Do we still owe that or is that what we gave up last year?

It must be a deferred total over the years. The yearly figure is nowhere near that.
tonymfan

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 09:16:49 AM »

Maybe you should listen to some other viewpoints w/o slamming

That's fine, what's the viewpoint? That you're going to show up at the IRB meeting with no real purpose in mind? Have fun.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: