Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 12:13:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the boys are playing games tonight  (Read 1030 times)
truth be told

« on: March 13, 2006, 09:26:53 PM »

tetrick and oosting are sure playing the tony morgan role  tonight  and  hiteman just  plain  stinks  he didn't even try in the  1st race other then running into other  horse's  if that  counts
Report to moderator   Logged
Justafan

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 09:43:04 PM »

Just check out the pools...they are pretty pathetic.  Why?  Consumer confidence.  It is as simple as that.  Let them cheat or even have the appearance of cheating and handle drops. 

Case in point.

Race 5 tonight.  Full field of 10.  Fairly competitive race since the 5 is Art Gregory Jr. and the 8 only drew inside of 2 horses.  Several question marks in the race.  Decent betting race.

Pools as follows
Win  14273
Place 5507
Show 2587
Exacta 22375
Trifecta 23242
Superfecta 15298

Those are some sick numbers when you consider that almost every Northfield Exacata and Trifecta handles 30-40 K with many of them in the 50's. 

Let the bettor feel they are getting a fair shake and they will bet.  Keep it like it is and they will continue to look elsewhere.  It is not brain surgery.
Justafan

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 09:49:41 PM »

Win           14722   
Place      6110   
Show   2577   
Exacta   29441   
Trifecta   42945   
Pick-3   4576

Pools for the very next Northfield race (contemporary in terms of time to above Balmoral race).

It was a 9 horse field, compared to Balmoral's 10.

The track is rated sloppy, compared to Balmoral's fast.

It was a trot, Balmoral's was a pace.

All factors which generally limit handle. 

Justafan

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:05:39 PM »

Win   14700   
Place   5239   
Show   2064   
Exacta   22041   
Trifecta   26267   
Superfecta   15361

Win   17977   
Place   5643   
Show   3246   
Exacta   30483   
Trifecta   39744   
Superfecta   18043

Balmoral on top

9 horse versus 8 horse field. 

The appearance of cheating causes people to stop betting.  Even if only a few, less dollars in the pools causes bigger bettors that like to bet into bigger pools to not play.  This in turn causes handle to go down more.  Do you really want to bet into a 20-25K exacta or trifecta pool when there is another one with 35-40K? 
Justafan

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 10:25:56 PM »

Win   22476   
Place   8506   
Show   3699   
Exacta   33326   
Trifecta   49303

Win   17575   
Place   7163   
Show   3299   
Exacta   42702   
Trifecta   0   
Pick-4   17822

Northfield on top this time.  Even with no trifecta the exacta pool could only muster 42K.  It was also a series final at Balmoral which tend to have a 5-10% handle premium.  10 horses at Bal agains as well.  It is not field size only.  It is not competitiveness and class of racing.  It is all about getting people to feel they are getting something besides a "finger".
truth be told

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 10:36:35 PM »

track management and the  irb  have to take blame on no tri's in the  7th  race  i know  sometimes they  get the OK to have them what  are they  afraid of someone cheating  what  a  laugh that is   i know  there was    2  horse's with the  same  trainer  but come on  meadowlands  has  tri's  when there are  entries  and even more then one entry  chicago  is  way  behind the times
njhorseman

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 11:52:45 PM »

track management and the  irb  have to take blame on no tri's in the  7th  race  i know  sometimes they  get the OK to have them what  are they  afraid of someone cheating  what  a  laugh that is   i know  there was    2  horse's with the  same  trainer  but come on  meadowlands  has  tri's  when there are  entries  and even more then one entry  chicago  is  way  behind the times

The only time the Meadowlands has tris when there's an entry is in stakes races. In fact the only time there are entries period in NJ is in stakes races.

We do not have entries in overnight races...at all.
off stride

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 12:00:59 AM »

totals for the night....balmoral 10 races...883,117
                             cleveland 14 races .. 1.514,000

total purses ... balmoral 10 races....45,600
                         nfld  14 races.....31,700
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 12:07:13 AM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
talking head

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 12:40:26 AM »

Do they have a horsemen  Association in Ohio?
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 01:25:57 AM »

It can't help when a horse like Seldon's (Race 3) begins and ends the race in distress AFTER having pounded a level higher. Nice drive by Andy on Fox Valley Merlin.

I wonder if Northfield's weeknight handle and pools were better than Chicago's were two or three years ago, before the latest miseries set in.

I tell you, evening players at my locale seem to love Northfield. Whether it's because of the more garish (and loud) TV display or reasons mentioned by Justafan - or some combination - I don't know.

tonymfan

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 01:38:06 AM »

I tell you, evening players at my locale seem to love Northfield. Whether it's because of the more garish (and loud) TV display or reasons mentioned by Justafan - or some combination - I don't know.

Bettors are suckers for those Flying Turns. If Balmoral or Maywood could become the "Home Of" anything, they would be popular with simulcast bettors, too. Suggestions?
Justafan

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 02:23:44 AM »

Everywhere I go they claim to like Northfield because they feel Chicago cheats too much.  It is 100% consumer confidence and impressions.  I know a lot of people that spend a lot of money keying short priced horses at Northfield because they know they will try most of the time, while in Chicago you constantly have to ask yourself..."will this guy stiff?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: