Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 04:53:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hows Springfield Doing?  (Read 834 times)
Tannor

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2006, 12:35:11 AM »

I received a phone call from a cousin living in springfield saying that the power is out and things are torn up pretty bad due to the storm that went through tonite. Anyone know how the fairgrounds is doing if anyone or horses were injured?

Tannor
Report to moderator   Logged

They're at the gate!!!!
kellytuc
The one, the only, and the former - Kellytuc!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 12:30:47 PM »

Two bad tornadoes hit the town and all powere is out.
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 01:13:46 PM »

My father in law lives there, he tried to leave the house this morning and the cops sent him back home. My step daughter is also down there, she snuck back here from school in Az. and was worried somthing was going to happen, so she called here and at that time the roof of the walmart blew off. Her grandfathers bar had lost its sign. from what I have heard there is alot of damage.   
Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 04:38:11 PM »

Springfield fairgrounds OK after tornado
Monday, March 13, 2006 - by Harness Racing Communications, a division of the USTA

The tornado that ripped through the Springfield, Illinois area overnight Sunday caused minimal damage at the State Fairgrounds there, according to several horsemen.

Trainer Jim Crebs said many horsemen were able to jog their horses Monday morning, although bathing horses was difficult because of an interruption to the water supply. He said most of the damage at the fairgrounds appeared to be limited to downed tree limbs.

"We were very fortunate," Crebs, who lives seven miles north of the fairgrounds, said Monday afternoon. "Most of Springfield is still without power and there was a lot of destruction elsewhere. It was pretty spooky."

The tornado that hit Springfield was one of about 20 that broke out along a 400-mile area across Missouri and Illinois. The storms were responsible for at least 10 deaths, according to the Associated Press.

Springfield-based trainer Erv Miller, who is in Florida, said one of his assistant trainers, Mike Rogers, suffered damage to the roof of his house.

"It missed the fairgrounds and our farm and house," said Miller, the 2005 Trainer of the Year. "We got very fortunate, but the rest of Springfield got hit pretty bad. I’d just as soon be home to help them than be [in Florida]. I think it missed us by a few miles."

Heres a story from the USTA. Sounds like all is ok.

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: