Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 06:03:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something Fishy? Check these prices!  (Read 1568 times)
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« on: March 11, 2006, 11:10:26 AM »

I know much about pools and estimated payoffs and such.  Once before I witnessed a 'very suspicious' race and payoffs at the Meadows in PA and brought it to the attention of the racing Gods there.   Of course, it was no surprise that they did nothing and didn't even bother to follow up with me.   If their phone hasn't been ringing since last nights (Friday, March 10th) 5th race, I'd be really surprised.  Check out this result as the 1/9 favorite (naturally with Dave Palone driving) finished off the board, 4th.   Here is what the payoffs were - gotta wonder, particularly about the Exacta and Trifecta payoffs with the 1/9 tanked.
     1 Endeared Hanover (10.50-1)  $23.00   7.80   41.20
     6 Lillian Ford  (11.10-1)                        13.40   58.40
     5 Feel The Pulse (7.10-1)                                37.40

$2 exacta paid   $197.60
$2 trifecta paid   $541

I suspect with Palone finishing fourth there likely were some bridge jumpers around Pittsburgh last night.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 11:16:41 AM »

I know much about pools and estimated payoffs and such.  Once before I witnessed a 'very suspicious' race and payoffs at the Meadows in PA and brought it to the attention of the racing Gods there.   Of course, it was no surprise that they did nothing and didn't even bother to follow up with me.   If their phone hasn't been ringing since last nights (Friday, March 10th) 5th race, I'd be really surprised.  Check out this result as the 1/9 favorite (naturally with Dave Palone driving) finished off the board, 4th.   Here is what the payoffs were - gotta wonder, particularly about the Exacta and Trifecta payoffs with the 1/9 tanked.

$2 exacta paid   $197.60
$2 trifecta paid   $541

I suspect with Palone finishing fourth there likely were some bridge jumpers around Pittsburgh last night.

This is why harness racing has a bad name and people think it's all fixed. When you see a payoff like this how can you think otherwise?

$2 Tri. $541? Come on give me a break already with this nonsence.

And there are goofs out there that don't think small purses contribute to more cheating. This race was PRIME example of CHEATING!!!!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 11:23:29 AM »

$2 exacta paid   $197.60
$2 trifecta paid   $541

Based on the prices, it would appear that no one other than these and Palone could even figure in the race.  As a result, neither price shocks me.

An interesting note is that not one -- but two -- 1/9s were off the board at the Meadows last night.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
race track phil

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 11:39:04 AM »

This is nothing new ! for years we see these kind of bullshit prices in chicago ! this occurs when the thieves invite too many people to dinner and everybody eats too much ! hopefully they will investigate that race ? how many 4/5 off the rail with tony did we see not hit the board in the last ten years where the pay-offs sucked ! too many ! lets face it where there's gambling there will be cheating , but sometimes its undetectable in this case you would have to be blind to not see the thiefs got greedy !    RTP
abtruth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 12:31:31 PM »

paco and enricky went to the green doors place and saw the diving up of the monie after that fishy race late last nite.oh boy did they put one in.when those mizers are buying drink after drink you now they made alot of  dollar on a fixxed races.i hear the guy who works in paddock told the ilinois police to bug green doors becuse that is where the guys go to talk about fixxes and setting up a race nowadays.if you are a honest horseman dont go to green doors place by track becuse that is where bad bisness is taking place.stay honest and good and you wont have no problem.crooks go there to make fun of fixxes and set up more fixxes but now the ditecktives will be looking in.truth
Armonsol

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 12:54:58 PM »

paco and enricky went to the green doors place and saw the diving up of the monie after that fishy race late last nite.oh boy did they put one in.when those mizers are buying drink after drink you now they made alot of  dollar on a fixxed races.i hear the guy who works in paddock told the ilinois police to bug green doors becuse that is where the guys go to talk about fixxes and setting up a race nowadays.if you are a honest horseman dont go to green doors place by track becuse that is where bad bisness is taking place.stay honest and good and you wont have no problem.crooks go there to make fun of fixxes and set up more fixxes but now the ditecktives will be looking in.truth

And these guys will be looking for the rat rat that tipped the detectives off.  SHudda you mouth!!!
lobro

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 02:53:02 PM »

The horses that finished in the top 3 and Palone, who finsihed 4th, were the only bettable horses in the races and the odds bore that out.  I don't find the payoff that odd. 

Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 02:57:43 PM »

The horses that finished in the top 3 and Palone, who finsihed 4th, were the only bettable horses in the races and the odds bore that out.  I don't find the payoff that odd. 

And you don't find it odd either that the 1-9 was off the board and the tri only paid $541.

" LEARN THE GAME LADDIE "
lobro

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 03:02:37 PM »

The horses that finished in the money were:

1 horse     4-1
6 horse     9-2
5 horse     7-2

What the hell is so odd about $550 for a tri with those??   Look closer before you spout off.
Dan Nance

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 03:08:40 PM »

the 1/9 tanked.

$2 trifecta paid   $541

This is what I'm looking at. Not the morning line odds.

lobro

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 03:14:26 PM »

My point is Dan, they were not longshots in the morning line...they were at the bottom of the book!  What did you expect it to pay?
Dan Nance

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 03:23:58 PM »

1 Endeared Hanover   $23.00   7.80   41.20
     6 Lillian Ford                         13.40   58.40
     5 Feel The Pulse                                37.40

The proper payout for these prices should be something like this.

Exacta..... $300

Tri........... $ $4000 to $5000.   If MOST tickets had the 1-9 on them.

But, since the 1-9 was left off alot of tickets and the drivers probably bet without the 1-9 on the tickets the tri paid $541.. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

lobro

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 03:34:01 PM »

The Meadows pools are small.  One person could have easily bet a lot of money on Palone across the board and influenced the odds.  That has no direct correlation on the tri and exacta payoffs..........does it Dan?  Thank goodness I did not learn the game from someone with your logic.

Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 03:59:04 PM »

The Meadows pools are small.  One person could have easily bet a lot of money on Palone across the board and influenced the odds.  That has no direct correlation on the tri and exacta payoffs..........does it Dan?  Thank goodness I did not learn the game from someone with your logic.

I feel like I'm talking to Tom Wendt again. Maybe I am. Later Laddie.
Idealtowne

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 04:16:55 PM »

Why would someone try to influence the odds ? Isn't that suspicious enough
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 05:34:37 PM »

Why would someone try to influence the odds ? Isn't that suspicious enough

It's not necessarily true that they "tried."  They may have just wanted to bet the horse, and bet enough to push the pools because they are rather small.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 05:47:13 PM »

I remember a few years ago at the Big M Ledford circled the Field with a horse at 40-1.  I can't think of the name ,it will come to me eventually,(It raced at Balmoral within the last few months) The second place horse was like 27-1.  I missed the tri.  Everyone around me  and I thought the exacta would pay6-8 hundred maybe more.  No--it paid $270!  Hell- I've had 10-1 and 12-1 horse exacta pay $270. Ahh-Vandal Hanover--that was the horse.  So even at the mecca of harness racing there are some shady deals going down.
tonymfan

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 06:06:11 PM »

The Meadows pools are small.  One person could have easily bet a lot of money on Palone across the board and influenced the odds. 

I think you're right, based on the huge show prices. One person bet a lot in the straight pools and there wasn't corresponding action in the exotics. As was pointed out the top three were all well above their morning line. The order of finish was 3rd betting choice over 4th over 2nd, not some unplayable longshots.

WPS pools likely much larger than normal, and exotics same as always.
Harness fan

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 11:20:30 PM »

It's M1 so that 500 dollar trifecta should actually be a 1 dollar tri for that price...right?
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2006, 09:10:41 AM »

The $541 Trifecta was for $2.   This was the Meadows in PA, not the Meadowlands.   One can only imagine what the numbers would have looked it IF it was at the Meadowlands.  Oh well, onward and upward...what's done is done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: