Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 23, 2014, 07:28:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help  (Read 3059 times)
fairgame

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 07:04:28 AM »

found this

http://www.winstrol.net/

The Early Years Of Winstrol

Winstrol was developed by Winthrop Laboratories in the year 1962. Winthrop Laboratories was a subsidiary of Sterling Drug at that time. When it was originally produced, most likely it was not with bodybuilding and athletics in mind. Rather, the drug aimed to help ailments like anemia and angioedema. Additionally, this steroid was to be used to help patients who were recovering from various illnesses and/or operations; it enhanced the appetite and helped the body "bulk up".

This tendency to help people "bulk up" is where the history of Winstrol changed its course. As athletic competitions and bodybuilding became more and more competitive and aggressive, their participants looked to medicine to help enhance their muscles, strength and stamina. The properties of Winstrol in this regard were already well known by the medical community, and people began demanding the drug to help them amp up their performance and capabilities.

The point here being is that this horse is not skinny due to some illness or lack of appetite.
Report to moderator   Logged
Suicide_Mare

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 10:27:21 AM »

Thx eveyone for all your input. And the weight gain product is exactly the idea I've been looking for, OGM. I've never seen it locally but I found to order online.
Cheers
JMB
Will keep you all posted as to how he fares. I know, the people should not have animals....I sincerely believe they think that they are helping them. It is a very touchy subject. Why why why keep them if you won't look after them??

Looks like you got a lot of good suggestions.  I saw on Page 1 that he was eating a little better.  Let us know how he's doing; getting his teeth done will make a big difference.  Good luck !!

P.S.  I was referring to "Cow Corn" which is dry feed corn on the cob.  He won't be able to eat it until his teeth are done probably. 
Tidy Sister

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 11:17:14 AM »

Think about it TS...  isn't most everything developed with the intention of saving the world?  Unfortunately side effects always crop up.  You could make the same argument for giving the starved horse epogen.  ....Or pregnant women thalidomide.

You are right.

Good thoughts.

TS

IT IS BETTER NOT TO ARGUE WITH A FOOL. HE WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO HIS LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.
HH

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »

If the horse is really thin, be careful worming.  You can start with a 1/2 dose at a time.  Good quality hay & check teeth is the first step.
jesusmurphyblind

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 02:22:58 PM »

Day 7, when turned out today he kicked his heels up and actually galloped to the other end of the field to meet up with his buddies. I can't believe what a difference. Still waiting to worm him, but he's doing great. THanks!
Suicide_Mare

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 05:51:22 PM »

Day 7, when turned out today he kicked his heels up and actually galloped to the other end of the field to meet up with his buddies. I can't believe what a difference. Still waiting to worm him, but he's doing great. THanks!

So great to hear!!  Good for you and even better for him.  Sounds like he fell into a good home.  Angel for you
OldGreyMare

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 07:03:13 AM »

What a lucky, lucky horse that you found him.   trophy

Check out my Facebook Page:  Flo Browne Horsemanship Training
Buggyboy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 02:45:02 PM »

You are on the right track-nice and easy, ect...Scratch the Winstrol.........
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: