Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 02:21:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northfield Mon. Thread....maybe this will get Caseopen Back  (Read 1420 times)
bello

« on: March 22, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »

Should be nice prices tonight. Competetive races but just hitting a handful should prove profitable.

Race 1   

#2 Tough Bow Min has had many no shot races in a row. Moves down in class and inside and will be close to the likely overbet quitter  on the rail.

# 4 GE Antonio races better in this class and

#9 Black Oliver can put in a fast quarter mile. If he uses it the last 1/4 he should be close

Race 2 is a real headscratcher but in the end I came up  with

#3   Lukenbak who may wake up in what will be a very slow race.
Report to moderator   Logged
THEMIGHTYTHOR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 05:59:16 PM »

BELLO ALWAYS WONDERED HOW YOU COULD BET NORTHFIELD.I KNOW THE POOLS ARE GOOD BUT THE DRIVER COLONY SUCKS MOST RACES ARE 2000 CLAIMERS  PURSE ARE MOSTLY $2000 I MEAN A GUY CAN MAKE MORE BETTING THAN THE WINNERS SHARE OF THE PURSE.CHEATING IS RAMPANT.I FOR ONE CANT STOMACH THE PLACE
bello

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 06:20:54 PM »

BELLO ALWAYS WONDERED HOW YOU COULD BET NORTHFIELD.I KNOW THE POOLS ARE GOOD BUT THE DRIVER COLONY SUCKS MOST RACES ARE 2000 CLAIMERS  PURSE ARE MOSTLY $2000 I MEAN A GUY CAN MAKE MORE BETTING THAN THE WINNERS SHARE OF THE PURSE.CHEATING IS RAMPANT.I FOR ONE CANT STOMACH THE PLACE

1. I love bad fields as the races are far more mismatched that classier fields and 1/2 the field can be eliminated because they are just too damn slow, no matter how much they try to bring in a fixed number. Witness race 1 tonight. Just really 3 horses that had any shot and the tri paid $150.00

2. Lots of trots....I know they break, but when they don't they are more true to form than pacers and there is always less cheating in trot races because of the breaks.

3. Just because they race for little, give these horsemen and women credit. How much they race for has no bearing on integrity. They do not go hand in hand, be it in the harness industry or real life. One can be rich and be a total criminal scumbag or poor and be a righteous person. Right now the only bad apples at Northfield are a couple of juicing trainers, and we know that is more prominant at the major tracks.
bello

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »

Should be nice prices tonight. Competetive races but just hitting a handful should prove profitable.

Race 1   

#2 Tough Bow Min has had many no shot races in a row. Moves down in class and inside and will be close to the likely overbet quitter  on the rail.

# 4 GE Antonio races better in this class and

#9 Black Oliver can put in a fast quarter mile. If he uses it the last 1/4 he should be close

Race 2 is a real headscratcher but in the end I came up  with

#3   Lukenbak who may wake up in what will be a very slow race.

Tri box nets $150.00
bello

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 06:48:30 PM »

Pick 5 Race 3

2-3-5/3-4/2-9/4-5/4-6

# 3  Slightly the top choice as he will get an easy lead here and Swartz is better on the lead
# 2  MS Cruzin on top is getting a live driver change from Swift to Sugg for a top trainer and will definitely improve
# 5 Artful Surprise is the newcomer from the Meadows and will not be a surprise if he is close or wins

Rat alert is #4....perpetual rat and loser bred, owned and driven by A Merriman always gets bet and never wins.
bello

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »

In race 3 #6 sweeps from 7th at the 1/4 to the top by the 1/2 at 14-1 and wins easily. Of course my 3 horses are all under him 2nd 3rd and 4th. I coulld look at this horse all day and not make a case for him, other than Loy took himself off and put Robin Miller up.

Race 4

#4  KZUL SX Bluegrass has been getting parked the mile and still coming close. Should be able to handle this field

# 3   Kueken is in good form
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 07:10:58 PM »

Good hit on the tri box.
Keep them coming.
Good luck.
I admire a handicapper who can deal with (what I think are) difficult races.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 07:12:04 PM »

PLEASE POINT OUT THE NEXT RACE YOU SEE WHERE THERE IS RAMPANT CHEATING.
THEMIGHTYTHOR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 07:16:03 PM »

burton if you dont think they are cheating at norfield may i interest you in this beach front property i have in oklahoma?
burton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »

burton if you dont think they are cheating at norfield may i interest you in this beach front property i have in oklahoma?
PLEASE POINT OUT THE NEXT RACE YOU SEE WHERE THERE IS "RAMPANT CHEATING" SO WE CAN ALL WATCH AND LEARN.
bello

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 07:28:40 PM »

Race 5....I was going to suggest laying off.....but....

The 1 is overbet

#2  TSM queen B may be worth at a price to get right to the top.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 07:32:08 PM »

As far as rampat cheating. I know i have seen thousands of races in person. At places where I knew the intentions of everyone there. I knew who was friends who would make a hole for who etc etc.
There were about 3 races I had suspicion with. It doesn't mean that driver A wont park driver B or things like that. Knowing the cliques and things is important especially at smaller tracks.
 I have always thought the claims of cheating are grossly over exaggerated. Because people like to complain when they lose. That's why there is a bad beat table outside of the world series of poker.
THEMIGHTYTHOR

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 07:32:44 PM »

hey burton the ist race was a good example lets see 3/5 stays on rail pulls out behind 5/1 and runs a hard charging measured 2nd exacta pays $35 but other way pays $16 thats the type of shit they run all night at northfield
burton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »

hey burton the ist race was a good example lets see 3/5 stays on rail pulls out behind 5/1 and runs a hard charging measured 2nd exacta pays $35 but other way pays $16 thats the type of shit they run all night at northfield
IF YOU THINK THESE RACES ARE FIXED, HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU LOOK TO BET YOUR OWN HARDE EARNED CASH ON SUCH RACES WITH "RAMPANT" CHEATING"?

I'M LEAVING.
DON'T WANT TO DERAIL BELLO'S NFLD THREAD.
THEMIGHTYTHOR

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »

i dont bet norfield so no sour grapes i just see to many times a horse wins in 2:00 then the next week off the board in 2:02 horses always manage to just get beat there at short odds.horses that never leave all of the sudden leave and jog with the fav miraculously stuck on the rail. buddies there running 12 and in the stretch the fav manages to get beat.has aaron ever gone by lanny in the stretch?
burton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 07:39:29 PM »

i dont bet norfield so no sour grapes i just see to many times a horse wins in 2:00 then the next week off the board in 2:02 horses always manage to just get beat there at short odds.horses that never leave all of the sudden leave and jog with the fav miraculously stuck on the rail. buddies there running 12 and in the stretch the fav manages to get beat.has aaron ever gone by lanny in the stretch?
whatever u say i dont wanna derail bellos thread good luck 2 u.........
bello

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 07:39:45 PM »

Sorry Thor.....Race 1 was a three horse race and the Tri Paid $150.00.....That number does not justify a fixed race number.

Let's be careful about condemning races as fixed that are not.
bello

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 07:41:42 PM »

Thor, Lanny is about 2/300 over the last year. AAron runs by him quite often, like every race they are in together.
bello

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 07:45:22 PM »

Race #6

Pick 3   4-5/4-6/2-3

#5  Forever Friendly has had no shot the last two races. Gets Page who will not attract money and is pretty good.

#4  Slide Lock  is vey consistant in this class and gets Charlino
THEMIGHTYTHOR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 07:46:45 PM »

bello you like norfield good for you but in the first you didnt find it funnt that the 2 stayed on the rail at 3/5
bello

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 07:53:57 PM »

Actually no, first the horse was overbet even though I made him my first choice and he is a horse that does not take air well, he wited for the cover. I have no doubt he tried to win but lost to a better horse tonight.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »

Isn't the favorite normally over bet there? I remember that from the past. Always remember win pool has nothing to do with what exatcas or other exotics pay. Comparing apples and oranges.
Bello dont wanna hi jack you here. Just putting in my 2 cents. Good luck.
bello

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 08:09:50 PM »

Not hijacking at all Burton, 3w and Thor. Just talking racing and i'll throw a few picks in. I don't mind the comments at all.
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 08:13:24 PM »

You might want to watch that race again, though this time do it a bit more closely.  

It is complete insanity like this that drove me from posting.  However, it was impossible not to stay away this one last time.

Ok, so they cheated in race 1, did they.  I see.  I suppose Swartz purposely sat in knowing he would get out 2nd over, because after all, that is where he had to finish for that exacta to hit.  He was not concerned with anyone keeping up with Wyatt to pin him in, or perhaps the other drivers behind Wyatt were in on it too.  Ok.  I get it.

So then, as planned, Swartz gets out 2nd over and moves with Wyatt to be next to Charlino turning for home.  Then, again, as planned, Charlino has his whip in his right hand and Swartz starts knocking with his left, knowing the two whips would become entangled, thus giving Swartz the needed excuse to not pass Wyatt.  Boy, those guys have it down.  

I was stupid not to see this ahead of time.  The old sit in knowing you can get out whip tangle move...if I've seen it once, I've seen it 1000 times...boy am I stupid for missing it again.  
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:21:30 PM by FVRedhot » Report to moderator   Logged
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 08:14:32 PM »

Oh, Bello, continued success, you seem to be a rare gem amongst many pebbles.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: