Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 06:19:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: saturday night racing at balmoral is not good  (Read 973 times)
pigland1

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »

and getting worse.
Report to moderator   Logged
noc

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »

and Anniesweterncard loses to a field of rats.... bang head bang head
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:49:10 PM »

and Anniesweterncard loses to a field of rats.... bang head bang head

I figured Kansas Wildcat might prevail on that biased sloppy surface. How about Timewell in the 10th, going 27.1 and hanging on for second when no one else could make up enough ground? (Congrats to TW's trainer.)

Bad it is, but I haven't broken the habit. There are lots of anything-goes players out there who don't fully appreciate how bad it's gotten or realize that the purse for a Free For All (I use the term loosely) has been halved in a scant few years.

bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 01:54:30 AM »

It's not pretty out there.  I noticed the handle Sat was only about $974,000.  That's about $50,000 more than the Wed. handle.  A few years ago it often topped $1,500,000 on a Sat. night.
noc

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 05:09:38 AM »

It's not pretty out there.  I noticed the handle Sat was only about $974,000.  That's about $50,000 more than the Wed. handle.  A few years ago it often topped $1,500,000 on a Sat. night.
   An inferior product..
Hell it is time to stop betting when Gerry Longo, destroys a field at 21-1 in the last with Yianoulous Boy... bang head bang head bang head
Who dat GERRY LONGO Huhbang head bang head bang head bang head with a Chris Choros trainee no less.
Dleestable

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 05:16:08 AM »

How about Timewell in the 10th, going 27.1 and hanging on for second when no one else could make up enough ground? (Congrats to TW's trainer.)

Thank you. ;-) 
noc

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 05:19:40 AM »

How about Timewell in the 10th, going 27.1 and hanging on for second when no one else could make up enough ground? (Congrats to TW's trainer.)

Thank you. ;-) 
Sorry Donna....I thought  you had that one won....Hung together the entire mile...Of course, did not consider him..
But rail, and Casey protecting the inside  well anything can happen on an off track... thumbs up beer thumbs up
Dleestable

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 05:26:32 AM »

Sorry Donna....I thought  you had that one won....Hung together the entire mile...Of course, did not consider him..

Hard to consider him off those lines.  Lots going on with him only I would know.  He is a problem child.  Chokes very easily, so leaving was a good thing to do.  He has ability just horrid luck.
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 06:23:01 AM »

I think whenever you bet on an off track like that, you have to accept that goofy things can happen.  Longo is  now a bad driver, but many moons ago was the leading driver at Bal. (pre- Tony M)  Anyone can have a flashback to days of yore.  Just don't bet on it happening very often.
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 07:27:38 AM »

Speaking of the Free for All, the total handle was just under 32K, lowest handle of the night by far. Only WPS and exacta betting - 5 horse field. If you figure 3.5% of the handle to the purse account, about $1100 went in while 10 grand came out.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have a Free for All, and I'm not saying it shouldn't go for 10K (it should be a lot more), but was the short field the only thing that kept bettors away?

Highest handle of the night was the 10-15 claimers. 95K with a 7 horse field.

So, my question to you bettors, would 2 more horses in the Free for All have made it that much more bettable?

If so, should (did?) the race office bust it's ass to find a couple more horses?

Another stupid question (I'm no bettor) why not offer a tri on a 5 horse field? The 13th was a 6 horse field with tri and super betting, handle 61K. Would one more horse have doubled the handle?

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 07:58:36 AM »

Gerry Longo bettin' them trifectas and gettin' it done. Look at that bad payoff in the last race. Gerry got all the cash, huh?
couchman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »

in the 10-15 claimer why are there two short fields it would be better with a full field of 10
noc

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 11:54:26 AM »

Gerry Longo bettin' them trifectas and gettin' it done. Look at that bad payoff in the last race. Gerry got all the cash, huh?
Wasn't out there so I couldn't tell you if he did or didn't but  connections bet a lttle bit.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 12:02:29 PM »

Another stupid question (I'm no bettor) why not offer a tri on a 5 horse field? The 13th was a 6 horse field with tri and super betting, handle 61K. Would one more horse have doubled the handle?

Trifecta minimum fields are regulated, you would need to change the rule:
http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/011/011003060000300R.html
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 12:05:48 PM »

Trifecta minimum fields are regulated, you would need to change the rule:
http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/011/011003060000300R.html

Alcohol , Horse racing  and lottery  laughing guy

Nice to be right in between booze and a government run racket. And we wonder why we are seen as shysters by the general public.
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 08:27:51 PM »

mule racing at it,s finest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: