Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 03:34:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DRF-OUTRAGED!  (Read 2564 times)
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 11:21:59 PM »

thumbs up
Report to moderator   Logged
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2010, 08:09:30 AM »

I will say this...stick with the newsstand copy...because once you switch to the online version you wont go back...far superior....actually black on white printing....you can highlight and circle and still read whats under it.....I bought two editions of the DRF 363 days a year for 15 years and can barely stand to look at the print editions anymore....as for the cost.....my printer prints 7,500 sheets for a $24 toner cartridge......average of 25 pages a track (unless you like Hawthorne which is about 17 unfortunately)......gets me 300 online editions.....Ive mastered the art of front and back printing......so the paper is about $24 also.....so for $48 I get 300 forms or about .16 a form......I guess its why baskin-robbins has 33 flavors.....we all like what we like

The saturday form here in Delaware has been $7.00 for about 3 or 4 months I would guess.....I think the weekly one just went to $6.50......The Del Park edition seems to usually have about 7 or 8 tracks on a Sat.....They used to have a players edition for $3 that sometimes had 15 or more tracks in it......I did buy that one to scan conditions.....That is now at least $6 maybe more.....Havent bought it in a while

SHOWTIME!!!
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2010, 08:27:55 AM »

I have been using the brisnet PP for the last three years, love them!
ZENYATTA

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2010, 09:13:05 AM »

I NEED my DRF complete form.  If I had to end up just printing PPS, I'd give up on horse racing.  It's just all part of the tradition for me. 

I'm not into any high tech stuff.  I mean, I have one of those Little round things that run around like a robot and clean under my bed and furniture when I'm not home, and I have  a cell phone for emergencies, a GPS in my car, but that's as far as I want to go.

I LOVE the DRF and don't mind the ink all over me.

Reading the form the night before the Derby or BC is a routine I enjoy very much.Toss in breakfast on the big days with the form as reading material and the day is off to s good start.
bello

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2010, 09:38:54 AM »

Reading the form the night before the Derby or BC is a routine I enjoy very much.Toss in breakfast on the big days with the form as reading material and the day is off to s good start.

Throw in looking forward to being live at the trackafter breakfast on a warm summer day and that is the closest thing to heaven. Saratoga or Del Mar in August ( May wind up going to hell for that comment though)
SandyLoam

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2010, 10:02:19 AM »

HarnessFan, My experience is that print privileges are not available when you simply email a PDF file to someone else. I've tried it. I seem to remember it started at about the 2008 Breeders Cup. They do put at least minimal password security on the files. I know, I do it every day. But that doesn't mean you're not having a different experience. There are boatloads of software programs out there that allow you to circumvent the security, or maybe your older version of Windows allows it. I'm on Macintosh.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 10:10:51 AM »

Throw in looking forward to being live at the trackafter breakfast on a warm summer day and that is the closest thing to heaven. Saratoga or Del Mar in August ( May wind up going to hell for that comment though)

Both are still on my bucket list.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 10:40:29 AM »

HarnessFan, My experience is that print privileges are not available when you simply email a PDF file to someone else. I've tried it. I seem to remember it started at about the 2008 Breeders Cup. They do put at least minimal password security on the files. I know, I do it every day. But that doesn't mean you're not having a different experience. There are boatloads of software programs out there that allow you to circumvent the security, or maybe your older version of Windows allows it. I'm on Macintosh.

I just e-mailed myself a form to be sure.....no password required......maybe it is the mac.....seriously Im basically computer illiterate myself......I am talking the basic PDF files.....which are the ones that are printed in the printed editions......Im curious......I could e-mail you a single race if you want to see if it is the mac
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:42:48 AM by HarnessFanDE » Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2010, 11:18:14 AM »

Spring, early morning, a cigar and the form at Keeneland. As good as it gets.
bello

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2010, 11:38:15 AM »

9 days.....36 minutes
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »

Yeah before they started racing on rubber tire remnants......Keeneland stinks now......At least they still have the you cant ever win on the lead turf course to make some money on

SHOWTIME!!!
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2010, 12:42:44 PM »

For what it's worth, DRF Formulator lets you print by creating a PDF File.  However, this PDF file has a code at the bottom that corresponds to your account, in case you spread those around.  As someone else mentioned, the original PDF format may or may not last, but if it doesn't, then the Formulator generated PDF's will have a tracking number on them for tracing should they find people are sharing them.  A wise move. 
tautog

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2010, 12:27:48 PM »

For what it's worth, DRF Formulator lets you print by creating a PDF File.  However, this PDF file has a code at the bottom that corresponds to your account, in case you spread those around.  As someone else mentioned, the original PDF format may or may not last, but if it doesn't, then the Formulator generated PDF's will have a tracking number on them for tracing should they find people are sharing them.  A wise move. 

I bet a simple hex edit will cure that they aren't that smart nyah

It won't be long before someone writes a program to defeat that probably the guy who invented it as that's how it usually works.  laughing guy

I must say I love the print edition but Harness is right that you can get spoiled with formulator it does wonderful things online. But overall I like having the paper when I'm at the track feel naked without it.
bello

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2010, 07:01:16 PM »

Do you remember the days when people actually went to the track, and you needed to take a paper and stuff into the seat so no one would take your seat when you went to bet?  First page of DRF was always handy for that....except for the ink running on the back of the jeans.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2010, 07:10:10 PM »

Still happens in Ferndale. Cheesy
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »

Do you remember the days when people actually went to the track, and you needed to take a paper and stuff into the seat so no one would take your seat when you went to bet?  First page of DRF was always handy for that....except for the ink running on the back of the jeans.

hey, you still have to do that at saratoga on weekends!!! i much prefer the backstretch view and betting and $2 beers and $2.50 burgers!!

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: