Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 06:42:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DRF-OUTRAGED!  (Read 2566 times)
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »

7 fuc*in dollars i just paid for tomorrows form and on top of it the FG isnt even in there, lol instead i get beulah. guess crist needs more money to fuel his awful handicapping in these tough times
Report to moderator   Logged
bello

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:14:39 PM »

He is also a poker loserNeeds the money
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:19:29 PM »

He is also a poker loserNeeds the money

lol poker huh, he can come get PWNED by me online or live then
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »

anybody remember the publication that started p in the 80s. i think they were the first to publish beyers. they used to break down the fractions like they are now, in hundreths. i the form bought them out and basically with thier database have had a monopoly. 7 bucks to lose money would really suck but a winning day of hadicapping, priceless.  the name of that rag was racing something
bello

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 06:32:02 PM »

It was the Racing Times....Started by Crist eo compete with DRF. DFR bought him out and now is the publisher of DRF. Someone now needs to do the same and put DRF in their place. Monopolies suck.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »

Seven bucks!   I paid $5.50 today.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »

P.S.  And it has Fairground in it too. Wink
bello

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »

They seem to be charging 7 for the Saturday editions
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »

It was the Racing Times....Started by Crist eo compete with DRF. DFR bought him out and now is the publisher of DRF. Someone now needs to do the same and put DRF in their place. Monopolies suck.
thats it, thanks bello, it was driving me crazy.
General Powell

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 07:39:37 PM »

Stupid Question time--with the DRF online, plus Brisnet, etc is the paper edition still that relevant??
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 07:43:38 PM »

I was a runner for my dad.  I'd run to the corner of Pulaski and Milwaukee to get him the form.  He'd *** $.50 in my hand on Friday evening and I'd race there and back because I knew he needed every minute to prepare for the races on Saturday.  

He had a room filled with saved forms for about 5 years so he could go back and study every horse in the few races he handicapped.   To handicap a race took between 2 - 4 hours, no less.  

This was before the days of Beyer's and all the gadgets you pros use today.  He calculated fractional times and compared classes of horses running the same day to figure his own numbers.  

And like Mel talks about he placed a lot of importance on the end of the race to see a horses conditioning.  He'd of loved Zenyatta.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 08:27:25 PM »

They raised their online pricing too. I use to get an annual subscription, I don't anymore.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »

I was a runner for my dad.  I'd run to the corner of Pulaski and Milwaukee to get him the form.  He'd *** $.50 in my hand on Friday evening and I'd race there and back because I knew he needed every minute to prepare for the races on Saturday.  

He had a room filled with saved forms for about 5 years so he could go back and study every horse in the few races he handicapped.   To handicap a race took between 2 - 4 hours, no less.  

This was before the days of Beyer's and all the gadgets you pros use today.  He calculated fractional times and compared classes of horses running the same day to figure his own numbers.  

And like Mel talks about he placed a lot of importance on the end of the race to see a horses conditioning.  He'd of loved Zenyatta.

Man, you really learned from the best.
Horse Voice

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 10:35:58 PM »

Screw that $7 nonsense. That's for suckers.

Join publichandicapper.com (free signup, unintrusive site, you won't get bombed with junk mail), and take a look at their drf.online packages.

The two best deals are:

1. 100 tracks for $100: you pay $100 up front (credit card OK, secure server), then YOU pick the days and the tracks at $1 per card -- no stupid Fonner or Columbus clogging things up (unless you like that cheap pig racing, then have at it).

Must use the 100 cards by 12/31/2010. Basic edition, but REAL DRF pp's, minus the ink smudgies. (If you want the Formulator version, it's $150 for 100 cards.)

2. For the Weekend player, 4 tracks for $6. (Formulator version is 4 tracks for $8.) Buy it & use it same weekend -- Friday through and including Monday, for those long holiday weekends. You can buy the $6 package as many times as you want in one weekend, but it's still a great deal -- again, you don't get stuck with any dogshit tracks you don't want (and sometimes can't even bet!).

Yes, it's more effort on your part, and if you want a paper copy you pay for the paper and ink too...but no gasoline and wasted time going to buy a Form. Plus, the online DRF for each track is usually available WAY in advance of the traditional DRF, sometimes 3 or 4 days in advance.

Was using the online DRF for years before Hawthorne started comping everything. Still buy them and print them way in advance when I'm going out of town for a contest.

Full Disclosure: Scott Carson, owner of publichandicapper.com IS a friend of mine, but I get nothing for directing people to his site; even if he offered me anything, I wouldn't accept it. I reccommend the site to each of you strictly on its own merits.
bello

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 10:51:48 PM »

Thanks Horse Voice. I don't buy the form often but when I do I get the daily 3 cards for $5.95. Not shopping carefully enough if I can get 100 cards for 100 bucks. I know I will by at lease 100 cards.

Gonna go take a close look at the specials.
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 12:00:57 AM »

For contests I am in I like the actual hard copy form, but for the most part it is only available one day in advance, so I sually buy online and print 20-50 pages. For my regular races I usually buy a sub. at equibase. 60 for $54.95
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 02:25:08 AM »

GET FORMULATOR AND DOWNLOAD IT TO YOUR PC!

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 04:27:53 AM »

not trying to wane interest H.V. but even at the steep discount price of $1.00 per card, am I really saving much?

If the DRF costs $5.50 (it does here in California), and had 6 tracks in it, I am paying .90 cents per, and not having to burn up my printer and paper.  Plus you get the articles?

What am I missing?

BTW,  the average horseplayer comes to the track with $200.00.  Admission, form, parking, runs on avg. $15.00.

Before we argue track takeout, how about lets address the 7.5% of the avg. bankroll vanishing before the poor sap can get his ass on the seat!  thumbs down

The more you bet...the more you win
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 08:35:31 AM »

Stupid Question time--with the DRF online, plus Brisnet, etc is the paper edition still that relevant??

It's still relevant to those of us who feel uncomfortable at the races unless there is a DRF folded in our back pocket, and who like getting ink on our fingers, too.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 10:35:37 AM »

7 fuc*in dollars i just paid for tomorrows form and on top of it the FG isnt even in there, lol instead i get beulah. guess crist needs more money to fuel his awful handicapping in these tough times

Where did you pay that $7 AFP#1?
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 10:43:13 AM »

Merrillville Indiana OTB is 7.00 for a racing form now on Saturdays
Horse Voice

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 11:00:27 AM »

not trying to wane interest H.V. but even at the steep discount price of $1.00 per card, am I really saving much?

If the DRF costs $5.50 (it does here in California), and had 6 tracks in it, I am paying .90 cents per, and not having to burn up my printer and paper.  Plus you get the articles?

What am I missing?

It depends on the mix of the tracks you get in your local edition, I guess.

I get one DRF for free at Hawthorne every day, and for today I selected the PM Simulcast edition because I wanted the Santa Anita pp's.

The other tracks in this edition of the Form are: Golden Gate, Fair Grounds, Turd Paradise, Fonner, Delta Dogs, Mountaineer, and Sam Houston.

If I was paying for the Form, wow -- I get 8 tracks for $7!

Except that I can't bet Fonner, won't be around late enough for Delta, Mountain & Sammy, and find GG and the Turd to be unplayable.

That leaves 2 tracks I care about, for $7.00...wouldn't I be better off printing those for $1 apiece, if I was shelling out of my own pocket?

Just asking. As always, value is in the eye of the beholder.
Horse Voice

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 11:02:55 AM »

It's still relevant to those of us who feel uncomfortable at the races unless there is a DRF folded in our back pocket, and who like getting ink on our fingers, too.

The online version folds and fits into your back pocket, too.

Come over to the 21st century, Earl, and get DRF online -- it's like switching to Geico: so easy, even you cavemen can do it.  Grin
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 11:05:26 AM »

Come over to the 21st century, Earl, and get DRF online -- it's like switching to Geico: so easy, even you cavemen can do it.  Grin

What would a breezy day on the apron of Anytrack, USA, be, without those unbound oversized pages of the DRF constantly blowing away?
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 11:05:34 AM »

Hey I'm the type who always has the PPs on my computer, but still *love* having a real Form to have with me at the track...it makes a better sound on your hand when you crack the two together trying to get the last leg of a pick-4 home Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: