Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 06:49:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YONKERS ALREADY NOT SEEING EYE TO EYE WITH HORSEMAN  (Read 2250 times)
Dan Nance

« on: March 10, 2006, 12:24:28 PM »

Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 12:29:51 PM »

Screw the horseman, all we care about is gaming.
njhorseman

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 12:33:11 PM »

Every horseman on the east coast knows you can trust the Yonkers owners (the Rooney family) every bit as much as you can trust the Johnstons in Illinois.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 12:37:41 PM »

Every horseman on the east coast knows you can trust the Yonkers owners (the Rooney family) every bit as much as you can trust the Johnstons in Illinois.
Paul, did you read where Tim Rooney is ringing the opening bell on the NYSE ?  I'll bet several metroplex horsemen would LOVE to ring his bell - LOL.   trotter  TC
njhorseman

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 12:56:34 PM »

Paul, did you read where Tim Rooney is ringing the opening bell on the NYSE ?  I'll bet several metroplex horsemen would LOVE to ring his bell - LOL.   trotter  TC

Yes, he's ringing it in honor of St. Patrick's Day. Anyone have a shillelagh handy?  Grin
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 05:29:42 PM »

maroon  I think I'd rather bet on Prarie Meadows than Yonkers
Dan Nance

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 05:35:44 PM »

maroon  I think I'd rather bet on Prarie Meadows than Yonkers

You mean you don't like the great half mile racing they give you? The line up numbers the click runs before the race?

Only way to win at that place is to know one of the boys in the click to feed you info. All their business will come from slot players. The handle on harness racing will be nothing. Who wants to bet on half mile racing and on a bunch of known cheaters?
nomar

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 08:54:05 PM »

leave my bosses alone the Rooneys are a classy family
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 09:12:11 PM »

You mean you don't like the great half mile racing they give you? The line up numbers the click runs before the race?

Only way to win at that place is to know one of the boys in the click to feed you info. All their business will come from slot players. The handle on harness racing will be nothing. Who wants to bet on half mile racing and on a bunch of known cheaters?

Instead of rebuilding Yonkers it should have had a B-52 Bomber air-plane drop a bomb on it and leveled the rest of that rat-hole. Why would anyone want to bet on half-mile racing when its the most boring of any kind of racing. I would rather bet on quarter horse racing then that shit.
Armonsol

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 10:53:07 AM »

leave my bosses alone the Rooneys are a classy family

Are these Rooney's involved somehow?
kellytuc
The one, the only, and the former - Kellytuc!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 12:14:30 PM »

Isnt Joe Faraldo the Vice President of the usta?  I wonder how Langley feels about this situation?
njhorseman

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 11:24:30 PM »

Isnt Joe Faraldo the Vice President of the usta?  I wonder how Langley feels about this situation?

Faraldo is actually the chairman of the board of directors of the USTA.
kellytuc
The one, the only, and the former - Kellytuc!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 12:33:57 PM »

So is Langley giving Faraldo pointers on how to deal with track management?
njhorseman

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »

So is Langley giving Faraldo pointers on how to deal with track management?

I don't think Joe needs pointers from anyone.  Wink
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 01:46:52 PM »

Faraldo is actually the chairman of the board of directors of the USTA.

Just curious -- because I don't really pay too close of attention out East.  But, does Faraldo just like to cause trouble?   Between this, and that foolish Vernon lawsuit, it's kind of tough to get a read on him...

Opinions?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
njhorseman

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 05:42:26 PM »

Just curious -- because I don't really pay too close of attention out East.  But, does Faraldo just like to cause trouble?   Between this, and that foolish Vernon lawsuit, it's kind of tough to get a read on him...

Opinions?

Best,
EW

EW:

Overall, Faraldo has done a lot of good for the "little guy" horsemen in NY. He definitely was a key player in getting slots approved, and in negotiating reasonable contracts for the horsemen with the sometimes very unreasonable management at Yonkers and Monticello.

It's hard to say what is really behind all that has gone on at Vernon between him and new owner Jeff Gural. No doubt some of it is Faraldo's unwillingness to lose his power there just when the track seems ready to rise from the dead, which is understandable. I also think we have a clash between two guys with pretty big egos in Gural and Faraldo, and Gural's position is also understandable, given the financial commitment he's made in buying Vernon and opening Tioga.

Faraldo isn't perfect, but I believe that if Joe had been running the IHHA over the last decade, the Illinois horsemen would be in a hell of a lot better shape than they are today.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 03:00:13 PM »

EW:

Overall, Faraldo has done a lot of good for the "little guy" horsemen in NY. He definitely was a key player in getting slots approved, and in negotiating reasonable contracts for the horsemen with the sometimes very unreasonable management at Yonkers and Monticello.

It's hard to say what is really behind all that has gone on at Vernon between him and new owner Jeff Gural. No doubt some of it is Faraldo's unwillingness to lose his power there just when the track seems ready to rise from the dead, which is understandable. I also think we have a clash between two guys with pretty big egos in Gural and Faraldo, and Gural's position is also understandable, given the financial commitment he's made in buying Vernon and opening Tioga.

Faraldo isn't perfect, but I believe that if Joe had been running the IHHA over the last decade, the Illinois horsemen would be in a hell of a lot better shape than they are today.

In another interesting turn of events....after his Vernon suit was tossed, Faraldo instantly turns around and sues Yonkers for being dormant as long as they have...

Does this guy need something better to do?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
talking head

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 03:31:08 PM »

EW

Read the 2nd post on this thread about the owners of Yonkers!
njhorseman

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 03:34:11 PM »

In another interesting turn of events....after his Vernon suit was tossed, Faraldo instantly turns around and sues Yonkers for being dormant as long as they have...

Does this guy need something better to do?

Best,
EW

EW:

I think Faraldo is doing the right thing. When Yonkers closed for renovations last June, they promised the horsemen that they would reopen in 4 months. Here we are 9 months later, and they are making no attempt to reopen for racing. Further, unbelievable as it may seem, Yonkers is getting a cut of NY OTB revenues even while they are closed and contributing nothing to OTB income.

This lawsuit was necessary to light a fire under Tim Rooney and company. Otherwise they will continue to drag their heels.

By the way, their Vernon lawsuit wasn't tossed, because they got the money they were owed by Vernon as a result of the suit. The $9 million they sued for was just typical legal tactics. You're owed a dime so you sue for a dollar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: