Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 17, 2014, 08:42:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wizard 78.  (Read 2357 times)
caseopen1

« on: March 14, 2010, 03:32:43 PM »

Why all the animosity around here for this particular poster? I for one don't understand why some of the old timers around here in particular give him such a hard time?

Wizard has had a huge part in bringing this site back from the dead. He has been here every day and posted things that most of us think will make this a better place for all of us.

Please elaborate why he and the rest of us from the *** are not looked at as equals around here. This has been going on for a while now and a lot of us are getting tired of hearing negatives about why we are here. Please let us know why so that we can get past this particular hurdle..
Report to moderator   Logged
JBCSFL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 03:37:15 PM »

I Have been wondering the same thing. There seems to be a few posters who are being picked on for reasons I can not fathom. BTW is a very good forum with many posters with differing viewpoints. Why all the bashing? Let' s just post and discuss, this name calling and petty BS is juvenile.  Jim
Cary Over

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 03:51:21 PM »

I Have been wondering the same thing. There seems to be a few posters who are being picked on for reasons I can not fathom. BTW is a very good forum with many posters with differing viewpoints. Why all the bashing? Let' s just post and discuss, this name calling and petty BS is juvenile.  Jim

I agree. But then I am one who also migrated here from the less popular forum. I have recently begun to believe that makes me a bad person, no matter what.  Wiz did work hard to build this site up. Why is that a bad thing? This forum has grown tremendously over the past 2-3 months. Compared to where it was when I visited last fall/early winter....that also is a good thing. Maybe you older posters on this site want to go back to where you were then; I think not.

Unfortunately, the name calling and bashing has followed here. That is a bad thing; as Jim says, juvenile. I can't believe it is attractive to anyone. Can't we just learn to respect one another and get along?
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »

Wiz. is OK in my book.

I can somewhat understand why some of the older posters here on BTW might feel that way.
Keep in mind that we came here in droves and spent most of our time talking about that less known, lesser forum.
Actually if the roles were reversed, I might have felt the same way.

Hopefully, all can see it's starting to die down, and there's now more racing discussions.

It takes a while to accept new kids into a family.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »

I think he is definitely a good guy. Some of the petty stuff going on lately isn't helping matters but its part of what happens on forums I'm sure before long ill be in some petty beef with someone.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »

Why all the animosity around here for this particular poster? I for one don't understand why some of the old timers around here in particular give him such a hard time?

Wizard has had a huge part in bringing this site back from the dead. He has been here every day and posted things that most of us think will make this a better place for all of us.

Please elaborate why he and the rest of us from the *** are not looked at as equals around here. This has been going on for a while now and a lot of us are getting tired of hearing negatives about why we are here. Please let us know why so that we can get past this particular hurdle..

Newbes for the most part are never accepted as equals in any facet of life.Newbes need to find a way to mesh iinto newer surroundings before proclaiming their new home all theirs.Newbes like the wizrard who also have an attitude will find things even more difficult.His belittiling of others at ITS when Tiger Woods was being discussed shows why he was not wanted or accepted there.That holier than thou attitude has also probably pissed off some here.
His I am right and you are wrong attitude will soon be proven wrong when it comes to Tiger.His failure to accept the way others here  may feel on certain topics and his holier than thou attitue does not help.
You asked for an opinion and that is mine.
caseopen1

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 04:34:50 PM »

His holier then thou approach? I think that we all have that when it comes to things that we believe in strongly. I can remember times that I have been wrong. I guess you cannot say the same thing Zenyatta?

As far as newbies need to know there place, that is BULL S***. Instead of knocking you should really be welcoming all of us.

You are entitled to your opinion and so am I..
ZENYATTA

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 04:57:21 PM »

I think the next time you ask for an opinion from someone be man enough to accept it without tearing it apart.
Nobody that I know of is perfect other than God and that includes me.I am also not in the habit of pissing on someone who has done nothing wrong against me like wiz did vs Tiger and to others who disagreed with him.
Everyone who comes here is welcomed and tries to fit in.You and the others are no different and deserve to be treated as you treat others.

I value the few people I have met here in person more than the throng who came who think they deserve to be catered to.You want a pat on the back ask the moderator.
caseopen1

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »

I never bashed your opinion. Now you really sound like TC. I never have been one looking for a pat on the back either.

As far as your opinions, I think the saying aplies perfectly to your situation. As far as what you think regarding us new people around here, I could really care less.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 05:09:36 PM »

I never bashed your opinion. Now you really sound like TC. I never have been one looking for a pat on the back either.

As far as your opinions, I think the saying aplies perfectly to your situation. As far as what you think regarding us new people around here, I could really care less.

Thank you for starting the name calling on the sly.
You are right you did not bash my opinion.You just had to give yours without me asking for it.
If you are not looking for a pat on the back why say we should be welcoming you ?
If you don't care what people think of the wiz and you and the others why start the thread ?
Moni for free

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »

Wiz is good people.. and just for the record, while Tiger Woods may be the most talented athlete at his sport that we will ever see in our lifetime, he is still a walking piece of dung, and I felt that way BEFORE the cheating.  the punk has absolutely no regard for any human being, never has... Zenyatta, he'd kick your ass off a golf course in a second if you so much as coughed wrong while he was lining a shot up.
caseopen1

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 05:21:32 PM »

You are right you did not bash my opinion.You just had to give yours without me asking for it.
If you are not looking for a pat on the back why say we should be welcoming you ?
If you don't care what people think of the wiz and you and the others why start the thread ?

Now I need your permission to give my opinion on a public message board? Get a life. I have news for you, your not that important.

I started the thread to show that old time posters like you are not that important because someone I like to talk to was going to delete his account. You and others decided to bash him and he was frustrated. That is the reason for the thread.

As far as this being your site. It is not. Your site was when you had six posts a week. That was when you where important. Now, your not.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:25:48 PM by caseopen1 » Report to moderator   Logged
ZENYATTA

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 05:23:17 PM »

Wiz is good people.. and just for the record, while Tiger Woods may be the most talented athlete at his sport that we will ever see in our lifetime, he is still a walking piece of dung, and I felt that way BEFORE the cheating.  the punk has absolutely no regard for any human being, never has... Zenyatta, he'd kick your ass off a golf course in a second if you so much as coughed wrong while he was lining a shot up.

I did not know you knew everything Tiger has done in his life,personally and professionally.
Moni for free

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 05:26:27 PM »

I did not know you knew everything Tiger has done in his life,personally and professionally.

don't need to.. I have watched him treat people like crap.
caseopen1

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 05:27:23 PM »

Now your a Tiger defender? WHat do you know about Tiger? Do you even know his first name? Do you know who his old caddie was? Do you know who his old caddie works for now?
ZENYATTA

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 05:33:45 PM »

Now your a Tiger defender? WHat do you know about Tiger? Do you even know his first name? Do you know who his old caddie was? Do you know who his old caddie works for now?

Did I say I was a Tiger defender ? I merely responded to the blanket statement wings made about the way Tiger treats people.Whether I know the answers to your other questions or not are irrelevant.
bigmplayer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 05:34:53 PM »

cant ya see this guy is just jerking ur chain....leave him be. zenyatta is just spinning his wheels
Moni for free

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 05:36:39 PM »

Did I say I was a Tiger defender ? I merely responded to the blanket statement wings made about the way Tiger treats people.Whether I know the answers to your other questions or not are irrelevant.
shouldn't you be out celebrating the destruction of the one match up that would have helped thoroughbred racing get some needed exposure?
caseopen1

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 05:37:07 PM »

cant ya see this guy is just jerking ur chain....leave him be. zenyatta is just spinning his wheels

I don't think so. I'm tired of listening to all the newbies bow down nonsense. That is what he is about more then anyone else.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 05:47:08 PM »

shouldn't you be out celebrating the destruction of the one match up that would have helped thoroughbred racing get some needed exposure?

Horse racing's problems are too large and are not being addressed.The match-up would have done nothing to help solve those problems IMO.Racing gets plenty of exposure but still has failed to figure out a way to maximize it.Billions being bet,money being siphoned offshore.every track and state out for it;s own instead of what's best for the business.Horsemen,tracks and breeders have their own agendas and who gets the worst of the deal ? The bettors.Until they figure that out the best match ups in the world won;t change anything.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »

I don't think so. I'm tired of listening to all the newbies bow down nonsense. That is what he is about more then anyone else.

If you are not interested in others opinions don't start a thread asking for them.
caseopen1

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 05:50:47 PM »

If you are not interested in others opinions don't start a thread asking for them.

Like I've said before. I'm not bashing your opinion. What I'm bashing is your attitude to the new posters. I will not bow down to you and ask your permission on when to post. You need to get a grip and realize that your not that important.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 05:58:59 PM »

Like I've said before. I'm not bashing your opinion. What I'm bashing is your attitude to the new posters. I will not bow down to you and ask your permission on when to post. You need to get a grip and realize that your not that important.

I never said you needed permission to post anything you wanted.I said if you don;t want people's opinion on a subject don;t start a thread on the subject and ask for opinions on it.Or be more specific and say you only want opinions you may like to be posted on it.

I realize I am a nothing on this forum.I am not the one who was saying I should be welcomed or telling others how boring or how useless a thread about old time harness facts was today.
Moni for free

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 06:02:22 PM »

Horse racing's problems are too large and are not being addressed.The match-up would have done nothing to help solve those problems IMO.Racing gets plenty of exposure but still has failed to figure out a way to maximize it.Billions being bet,money being siphoned offshore.every track and state out for it;s own instead of what's best for the business.Horsemen,tracks and breeders have their own agendas and who gets the worst of the deal ? The bettors.Until they figure that out the best match ups in the world won;t change anything.
the only exposure racing gets outside of the Triple Crown and Breeders Cup day is NEGATIVE.. see Paragallo.  The ONLY good exposure outside of the big races are when Jim Rome wins a race at Santa Anita.  Valkerie Missle did win this past weekend so I'm sure Rome will have a segment dedicated.
caseopen1

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 06:04:17 PM »

Pay attention. Read what you said. I gave my opinion without you asking for it. Does that ring a bell. Get a life.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: