Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 22, 2014, 08:20:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: balmoral stewarts  (Read 786 times)
jester

« on: March 09, 2006, 08:27:46 AM »

trotter fans,im sure all convicted drivers,trainors,backside help, all first go through the chinaman(lang lee) getting his ok to move on to the stewarts for thier blessing. suspending or banned for life must have some other meaning than websters definition.they got a hotline, rat telephone  number in the program asking to report all wrongdoings. jesus h whats the sense when after a time they determine, is served all is forgiven. i saw a few questionable drives this week, futile attempts at pacifing all those in a position to act but of coarse, nothing was even noted. stewarts remove your blinkers,sidecheeks or whatever impedes your judgment or decision making process.a lot goes on the during a race card, watch a race or 2 you could see something, and please, kiss the chinamans ring,your jobs will be safe for another day

perplexing,,,jester
Report to moderator   Logged
off stride

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 08:43:02 AM »

the people you are referring to are known as.. stewards.. other than that i find jesters post entertaining with good merit on most occasions and i agree with you on a point , they need to open their eyesa when races are being run
FIRST UP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 10:42:26 AM »

their eyes are open, but their heads are up their asses. geezer
off stride

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 10:48:32 AM »

are you saying this is an illinois steward making a decision???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:41:09 AM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
FIRST UP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 08:29:57 AM »

nice picture!! I can't tell if thats langley, narotsky,wessels,or eddy.  Grin
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 10:38:20 AM »

Guys:

The stewards have a tough job.  I will be the first one to admit that I often get outraged at some of their decisions, and have on many occasions. 

I think the whole steward’s situation could be corrected though constant education in a classroom setting with video judgment calls.  The only way to get better at something is to practice, practice and more practice.  I understand that the stewards take a few courses at the University of Arizona's horseracing program, but it is not enough.  Excessively many inconsistent decisions and rulings lead one to believe the worst.

The stewards should have to complete college courses every few years to remain sharp and in touch with what will and does happen.  I would like to see a standard set of uniform rules and regulations that stewards MUST adhere to. 

Stewards need to be held accountable to the highest degree for their actions when a mistake occurs.  I am not saying hang the person who made a mistake, just punish them accordingly and move forward.  Stewards are human beings and human beings make mistakes.  It happens and is understandable in any facet of life. 

Finally yet importantly, I think a decrease of discretionary power would be a good start in the right direction in correlation to the steward’s decision-making process. I would not "tie their hands," so to speak, just make sure they are held accountable, fair and just in all of the decisions, and apply the rules with equality and fairness for all. 

In my opinion, if the stewards based their rulings as I have proposed, there would be little or no complaints.  I will say this until my dying day; you cannot enforce the rules for one person and not the next, it leaves little faith and hope within the system.  Just my opinion and as always, open for debate.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN