Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 11:36:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairmount Park, the Kentucky Derby and Mine That Bird.  (Read 796 times)
BirdBrain

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2010, 06:30:43 PM »

No, I haven't lost my mind but last year's Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird really captured my imagination.  To think he came from New Mexico with a trainer virtually unknown and won the Kentucky Derby.  It was a thrill to me to see Tim Ice win with Summer Bird in the Belmont the 1st year out on his own.  It makes me think and maybe dream a little that you just never know where that one horse might come from even Fairmount Park.  I'm getting the live racing bug bad, can ya tell?!
Report to moderator   Logged
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »

No, I haven't lost my mind but last year's Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird really captured my imagination.  To think he came from New Mexico with a trainer virtually unknown and won the Kentucky Derby.  It was a thrill to me to see Tim Ice win with Summer Bird in the Belmont the 1st year out on his own.  It makes me think and maybe dream a little that you just never know where that one horse might come from even Fairmount Park.  I'm getting the live racing bug bad, can ya tell?!
                                         horse
Well come April 27th we will have the cure for your bug,Bird! beer
BirdBrain

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 04:56:39 PM »

I already have myself schedule for a vacation day on 27 Apr.  I should take a sick day, cause after all it is a bad bug!
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 10:41:43 PM »

Speaking of MTB...his connections got dq'd from a stakes win at Sunland yest...a maiden called "Raise the Bridle", by Spanish Steps, a full brother to Unbridled's Song....which excited my friend who has a  yrling nybred filly by Steps out of a granddaughter of Numbered Account that is being inspected for the Fasig Tipton Saratoga select sale in late march...Smiley

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 09:48:21 AM »

Speaking of MTB...his connections got dq'd from a stakes win at Sunland yest...a maiden called "Raise the Bridle", by Spanish Steps, a full brother to Unbridled's Song....which excited my friend who has a  yrling nybred filly by Steps out of a granddaughter of Numbered Account that is being inspected for the Fasig Tipton Saratoga select sale in late march...Smiley
                                                horse 
 A friend of ours actually bred and raised "Raise the Bridle". He was sold at the sale for 120,000 US. I was very impressed with his second career start, its a shame that the stewards didnt take into consideration the fact that the 5 horse actually initiated the contact at the head of the stretch.This colt is HUGE! He stands at 17 plus not to mention hes built like a tank.Im praying he stays sound, looks to me like bigger and better things are in store for him!
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 10:19:15 AM »

horse 
 A friend of ours actually bred and raised "Raise the Bridle". He was sold at the sale for 120,000 US. I was very impressed with his second career start, its a shame that the stewards didnt take into consideration the fact that the 5 horse actually initiated the contact at the head of the stretch.This colt is HUGE! He stands at 17 plus not to mention hes built like a tank.Im praying he stays sound, looks to me like bigger and better things are in store for him!

is Eddie your friend? He sent Steps to Indiana for 2010.....

sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 11:05:53 AM »

is Eddie your friend? He sent Steps to Indiana for 2010.....
                                             horse
No AM. The friend Im referring to is Mr Morris. He owned the mare of Raise the Bridle and bred to Steps for 5k. He then put the colt in the sale and sold him for 120,000, pretty good roi I think. I got high hopes for this horse. What did you think of his performance?
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 01:20:16 PM »

horse
No AM. The friend Im referring to is Mr Morris. He owned the mare of Raise the Bridle and bred to Steps for 5k. He then put the colt in the sale and sold him for 120,000, pretty good roi I think. I got high hopes for this horse. What did you think of his performance?

he paid 5k fee? my friend paid 10k..and she had to ship the mare to Fla and back to NY.....i think 5k is a much better price for an unraced stud.....it's back down to 5k i believe...eddie offered her a free breed back, but then she'd have to ship to indiana...so she has a free breed back to Bustin Stones after mare foals this yr and he's down the road from the farm she's at...lol....as for Raise the Bridle...i think he's big and stout and ran good, but green as grass.....Steps is much more a physical specimen that Unbridleds Song ,so I hope his get don't have the usual UBS's injuries and breakdowns...i wish him good luck....can't say the same for the owners after the crap they pulled on Tim Ice....jmho

sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 12:51:58 AM »

he paid 5k fee? my friend paid 10k..and she had to ship the mare to Fla and back to NY.....i think 5k is a much better price for an unraced stud.....it's back down to 5k i believe...eddie offered her a free breed back, but then she'd have to ship to indiana...so she has a free breed back to Bustin Stones after mare foals this yr and he's down the road from the farm she's at...lol....as for Raise the Bridle...i think he's big and stout and ran good, but green as grass.....Steps is much more a physical specimen that Unbridleds Song ,so I hope his get don't have the usual UBS's injuries and breakdowns...i wish him good luck....can't say the same for the owners after the crap they pulled on Tim Ice....jmho
                                            horse
Yea thats for sure, felt real bad for Tim Ice. Dont quote me on this cuz Ill have to make double darn sure but I think Mr. Morris GAVE Raise the Bridles mom away last year. Im gonna check for sure tho.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 07:38:17 AM »

horse
Yea thats for sure, felt real bad for Tim Ice. Dont quote me on this cuz Ill have to make double darn sure but I think Mr. Morris GAVE Raise the Bridles mom away last year. Im gonna check for sure tho.

did he get out of breeding?  it's such a tuff business........my friend nicks her mare with diff studs  'just to see' when she is bored...calls me the other day.....we're going to pa. in june to see Wiseman's Ferry, who she nicks extremely high with......and to see his 2010 babies....she wants to book him for a 2011 cover.....his fee is down to $3500.....i hope the inspectors like her steps yearling....i'd love to see her get 100k for her....otherwise she'll keep her...and the new one, and the one in the belly and the 2 at flakes...too many!!!!

sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 10:57:23 AM »

horse
No hes not completely out of breeding he just wants 1 or 2 mares at this point. Yes the breeding industry is definitely not for the thin skinned. Wisemens Ferry is a nice Hennessy horse, one of my friends had crossed her mare with him and had gotten a nice colt which later had to be put down due to roto virus. We were all heart broken.She bred her back to Runawaynhide so Im hoping for the best for her. I gave away my last mare last year to a farm that stands warm blood stallions. Watching from the prices at the yearling sales it just seems to be a  little more sensible to buy a promising prospect,at least ya know what you have.
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »

horse
Ok Mr Morris gave away his "Notebook" mare last year. He still has Raise the Bridles mom and she is carrying another "steps" foal. I hope for him "Raise " continues to do great things as that will only make this foal worth a few more bucks.
                                             dollar dollar
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: