Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 09:40:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O/T US-CANADA GO TO OVERTIME  (Read 1662 times)
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 06:58:16 PM »

obama bet a case of beer against those canadians,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the canadians drink moosehead,,,,,,,,,there gonna spit the american shit out,,,,,,,,,,hope he sends the cheapest shit  like old milwaukee
Report to moderator   Logged
noc

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 07:00:09 PM »

obama bet a case of beer against those canadians,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the canadians drink moosehead,,,,,,,,,there gonna spit the american shit out,,,,,,,,,,hope he sends the cheapest shit  like old milwaukee
or LaBatts, think they own the Montreal Canadian team.
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »

When I could bowl, I always drank Moosehead at the lanes!! beer beer beer beer
noc

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 07:26:25 PM »

When I could bowl, I always drank Moosehead at the lanes!! beer beer beer beer
You could never bowl...So your Moosehead consumption was minimal.  laughing guy laughing guy
Harness1

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 08:17:49 PM »

Yes, the NHL players want to go.  The NHL will have no choice.   But Bettman and crew
are looking get something from NBC.    Don't forget, Russia in 4 yrs is 8 hrs ahead EST.
So tough for TV coverage.

As for the Canadian Olympic team they are very fortunate to get the Gold.  For a team that was so loaded, they lost to the U.S. and won earlier game in a shootout.  Friday night they barely survived Slovakia.  If this was 1980 rules, they wouldn't even played for a medal. 
As great as Ryan Miller was, no one will say, but that was a bad goal in O.T.
GGNJ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 08:26:07 PM »

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT U.S. TV RATINGS WERE FOR THIS GAME.

How did you like those 3 periods and a part of overtime with NOT a single commercial interuption?

See what's possible when you want to put on a top notch product and production. LOL.
njhorseman

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »

As great as today's game was, nothing will ever approach the 1980 "Miracle on Ice."

"I'm a retired investor living on a pension."
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 11:11:40 PM »

As great as today's game was, nothing will ever approach the 1980 "Miracle on Ice."

Agree. In a way I miss the amateurs. Made for more drama. But todays game is top 10 all time. Miller way out played luongo.
Moni for free

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 04:33:23 AM »

That goes without saying.... Great game by all involved.
Egyptian Torch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 06:57:33 AM »

Yes, the NHL players want to go.  The NHL will have no choice.   But Bettman and crew
are looking get something from NBC.    Don't forget, Russia in 4 yrs is 8 hrs ahead EST.
So tough for TV coverage.

As for the Canadian Olympic team they are very fortunate to get the Gold.  For a team that was so loaded, they lost to the U.S. and won earlier game in a shootout.  Friday night they barely survived Slovakia.  If this was 1980 rules, they wouldn't even played for a medal. 
As great as Ryan Miller was, no one will say, but that was a bad goal in O.T.

If the NHL owners were smart, they'd part ways with Buttman.
The Minister

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 11:39:40 AM »

Only 6 weeks until the Stanley Cup Playoffs start. Almost immediately following March Madness. Talk about great scheduling by the Grand Circuit of TV Ratings.

Hockey would be bigger if it were still on ESPN and not on Versus.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 03:49:47 PM »

Only 6 weeks until the Stanley Cup Playoffs start. Almost immediately following March Madness. Talk about great scheduling by the Grand Circuit of TV Ratings.

Hockey would be bigger if it were still on ESPN and not on Versus.

I have direct TV so I cant even get versus. That's pathetic.
Moni for free

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »

I have direct TV so I cant even get versus. That's pathetic.
time to switch to dish net.. TVG, HRTV AND Hockey...
Callmesuperman

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »

We were all dancing in the streets. Makes you proud to be Canadian. One of them magic moments you will always remember if your a Canadian. Hats off to the USA team, they played an unbelievable game.

warden
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 11:07:52 PM »

Olympic Hockey TV Ratings in Canada and USA

Preliminary Round USA-Canada Meeting

Team USA's upset of Canada was the second-highest-rated hockey game in American television history since the Miracle on Ice and nearly beat the MSNBC ratings record for Obama's 2008 election victory. That's the good news.

From NBC:

8.2 MILLION AVERAGE VIEWERSHIP FOR WATCH USA-CANADA HOCKEY GAME ON MSNBC: An average audience of 8.22 million watched the USA hockey team defeat Canada, 5-3, nearly matching the best average viewership for a program on MSNBC. (Election Night Coverage, 8.23 million on Nov. 4, 2008).

The hockey game on MSNBC received a national household rating of 4.3, the third highest-rated program in MSNBC’s history behind the Democratic Presidential debate (2/26/08, 4.9 rating) and the analysis following the debate (4.4 rating).

UPDATE: We’ve now got word that the game drew 10.8 million viewers in Canada on CTV, the most watched sporting event in Canadian history.  19 million people watched the game across the continent.

==

Gold Medal Game

The NBC telecast of Canada's stunning overtime victory in Vancouver produced an average of 27.6 million viewers. That's about 20 million more than tuned in for game seven of last year's Stanley Cup Finals, while topping all hockey broadcasts since 32.8 million saw the U.S. gold medal victory over Finland in the 1980 Olympics, which followed the "Miracle on Ice" win over Russia.<

Approximately one in every three Americans watching TV at the time were tuned into the much-anticipated Vancouver Olympics matchup, which the Canadians won 3-2 in overtime, Sports Business Daily reported. That’s up 46 percent from the gold medal match for the 2002 Olympics, which featured the same two teams playing in Salt Lake City, the newspaper reported.

In Canada, an average of 16.6 million watched the 3-2 overtime home-team win -- close to half of the country's population -- becoming the most-viewed TV event in country history, according to the Canadian broadcasters. The game was carried on nine networks in eight languages, with primary outlets CTV in English and the RDS network in French in Quebec.

Also, about 80% of Canada -- 26.5 million -- watched at least part of the game.

Nearly half the Canadian population watched the entire game on average, while 80 per cent of Canadians watched some part of the game (26.5 million).
The Minister

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 12:41:50 AM »

I think I saw that 2/3 of the Canadian households were watching when Crosby scored.

Absolutely gigantic numbers. And...the game lived up to the hype.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: