Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 12:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENED TO TERRY HUNT???  (Read 4649 times)
tonymfan

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2006, 09:49:12 AM »

Thank you TC.
Report to moderator   Logged
mymymy

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »

TC,
are you really a friend of a friend of the groom of John Drew too?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2006, 09:54:21 AM »

I would imagine it was the ACT he was talking about. 33 is a very good score for that.
Supernaut, you might be onto something...I took those test so many years ago I may have me ACT and LSAT scores mixed up.  I'll have to check through old records and see if I have those exact records.  Don't be too hard on Kellytuc and R Duke for not knowing they changed the specs on the LSAT in 1991.  I know i took it in 1986 and I recall taking at least 3 ACT/SATs.  Notre Dame required at the time 2 of one of those tests so I retook at least one of them.  Anyhow, that's ancient history and let's get back to talking harness racing.  I'm through for now trying to remember and trying to educate every hayseed from Bugtussle.  Was it 33/ACT and 41 LSAT ?  I honestly am confused now.  Oh well, I do know I was accepted at Loyola School of Law and was attempting to shoot for Michigan when I took a "real" job at that time and put law school on hold.    trotter  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2006, 10:02:19 AM »

TC,
are you really a friend of a friend of the groom of John Drew too?
mymymy, I don't know you at all so I choose not to answer any questions for newbies at this time.  I will say this, any decent businessman, horseplayer, handicapper, whatever puts the information curve at the top of one's list in importance.  John S. could tell you that in a heartbeat. (Good) information is as valuable a commodity as any in life in general.  This goes beyond "...I heard on a horse..." and the like.  You learn something new everyday and you try to keep up.  I can't blame folks who want to take potshots at me for not knowing a test procedure was changed 15 years ago.  However, most people do a little homework before firing away.  No one can get it right each and every time, but some goofs on here are batting about .100 and tell insane lies because they lead sad lives. PATHETIC when you think about it.   trotter  TC
off stride

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »

dont tell us terry went on a 'hunt' with dick cheney
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2006, 06:15:32 PM »

Guys:

Most of what you guys are posting about Terry Hunt couldn't be further from the truth.  Let me tell you my opinion of Terry Hunt and what kind of person I perceive him to be.

When the recent horsemen’s strike was in effect and there were many IHHA meetings, I went up after one of them and introduced myself to Terry.  In the short time since, he has been nothing short of a wonderful person to me.   

From the moment I shook Terry's hand, he has treated me with respect and professionalism.  You won't find a more passionate and honest person who truly cares about the future of Illinois harness racing than Terry Hunt, in my opinion.

Terry is a brilliant and energetic individual who I could only hope to imitate one day.  Those of you who are bashing him on this forum appall me.  If Terry has an agenda, it's that he wants the Illinois harness racing program to return to the forefront as the industry leader it once was. 

He is a levelheaded guy who I admire and am proud to call my friend.  In the short time that I have known him, the advice he has given me always seems to be right on and truthful.

Very often, I display unprofessional emotions of anger on this forum.  Terry is always the first one to catch me in a private message and offer words of wisdom.  When I was posting the question of the day, I sometimes offered slanted questions or questions that made the industry look bad.  Terry was always there to point out my mistake and offer his help.  How can that be bad thing, I ask?  In fact, when I stop and think for a moment about how Terry has helped me to become a better person, I can only say that you guys have no idea what you are missing if you don't have a person like Terry Hunt in your life.  I can't thank him enough for his friendship.  He has been helpful and always willing to give a word of advice to anyone needing anything.   

This industry needs more people like Terry Hunt and I would encourage any of you that think differently to get to know Terry and see what he is all about.  He is an open-minded person who is persistent in trying to make things better for everyone. 

Terry is a far cry from a "management" person and is able to separate his personal feelings from what is best for everyone.  That my friends is a true professional.  Get to know Terry Hunt.  I'm sure glad I did and appreciate everything he does for Illinois racing and me personally.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Running Rebel for Life)   
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 06:19:22 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: