Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 11:11:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosecroft  (Read 514 times)
bowserkat

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:55:22 PM »

Since there is not much going on Tuesday, nights, I have taken to betting on Rosecroft.  Picking winners there is like shooting fish in a barrel.  They have several decent drivers and who the heck is this John Wagner!.  The guy is the Dave Palone of Rosecroft. Had six winners on the card.  Some of the animals looked like crap.  Does anyone know anything about him? Tom Jackson and Johnathan Roberts are pretty good also.
Report to moderator   Logged
SparkleNFade

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:53:49 PM »

Rosecroft is where I live...  and if you ask me its a joke...  Out of those 6 winners tonight for wagner how many where trained by Manley Brown Jr (John Wagner is the real trainer)?  Wagner basically runs the track here in more ways than just driving / training.  Tom Jackson is leaving at the end of the month to go back to Poconos where he's now racing out of only comes back here when they are closed.  Jonathan Roberts is a young kid with some talent but he's also driving decent stock his father is Bib Roberts.  Great George Two is a top notch horse racing in a lot of big series up at Meadowlands and Woodbine or Mohawk.  You've got a few other decent drivers Frank Milby and Donnie Roberts really to round out the top 5.  When your purses are only on average 3k you really don't get too many decent drivers. 

But you've got to remember Maryland is worse off than Chicago as far as purses and money goes.   The governor has been fighting for slots his entire term and wiht him being republican and the state senate being run by democrats they'll never pass them...  The man guy thats holding up the road block is b/c the throroughbred tracks here are owned by magna (canadian based) and doesn't want money leaving the state into canadian pockets and says horse racing has other options to bring in revenue other than slots.  Its a big joke here.  Specially when you've got threats going out that the preakness will leave if no slots come soon.

Guess thats probably more than you wanted to know about Rosecroft.

Hope thats helpful
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: