Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 02:07:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barbaro  (Read 573 times)
jimk

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2006, 09:34:14 PM »

Does anyone know where this derby contender trains?
Matz seems to be taking a very unconventional route to the Derby but thats might not be a negative. Of all the prominent contenders at this point it seems this outfit is very much on the down low path with this horse. I think, they think they haveĀ  a potential super horse on their hands. Do they have their own training facilities? It just seems not much info out about his training regimen.
Report to moderator   Logged
big wally

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 09:39:39 PM »

Does anyone know where this derby contender trains?
Matz seems to be taking a very unconventional route to the Derby but thats might not be a negative. Of all the prominent contenders at this point it seems this outfit is very much on the down low path with this horse. I think, they think they have  a potential super horse on their hands. Do they have their own training facilities? It just seems not much info out about his training regimen.

Here you go
http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=32456
David

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 09:44:25 PM »

It seems pretty convential - at least since he has gotten him on the dirt, the Holy Bull, Fla Derby and then probably one of the Super Saturday preps - would give him 3 preps that is supposed to be the ideal.

Matz is a compelling individual and story - I think it would be good for racing if he made a serious run at the Derby.
jimk

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 09:50:13 PM »

Thats just it David, Matz says no super Sat. race. Florida Derby straight to Ky. Derby five weeks out and only two prep race foundation=unconventional IMHO.
David

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 10:00:30 PM »

I must have read it wrong - I thought I read somewhere that he was planning on one of those races -  maybe the timing of the Fla Derby has got him off track - they have positioned it very odd on the calender - he would have the option of going to that other Kee race (the 1 two weeks out - the Lexington I think - the one Charismatic won)  if he felt he needed another race I guess and didn't want to go in the Blue Grass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: