Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 04:44:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trainer commissions  (Read 4038 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »

I probably had a trainers license before you did.

When did you have a trainer's license?
Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2010, 01:45:58 PM »

When did you have a trainer's license?

Are you doubting me? 1985. Now ask Claiming King when he got his.
Moni for free

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2010, 01:57:26 PM »

Wow, are you losing it? You need to control yourslf! I WILL TAKE ZENYATTA IF THEY ARE SPRINTING! I'll ask you, who are the best 3 horses Rachel beat? F**k the posting, put $500 on it plus the posting part and you got a deal. All I care is that our identities be available in case one refuses to pay the bet off. I had one ***hole stiff me on the TB side for a $1,000 and I had to locate him the hard way. Again, when did you get a trainers license?
this is starting to go too far again.... Mel.. why can't you acknowledge that they are both great animals and enjoy the upcoming match up for what it is?
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2010, 02:03:09 PM »

Are you doubting me? 1985. Now ask Claiming King when he got his.

Why aren't you in the DRF trainer database?
Moni for free

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2010, 02:05:49 PM »

awww man, that's why I left the sewer... to get away from qualigate, trainergate etc etc..... trainergate 2?Huh
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »

I'll attmept to bring the thread back on topic......And not about Dan Nance or Rachel/Zenyatta like the other 400 threads on those topics...Any trainer who finds a horse for an owner that he is getting a training bill from and charges him more than he paid for the horse is a scumbag....Pure and Simple.....Prove the horse was a good buy.....Then get your bonus when he sells

SHOWTIME!!!
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2010, 04:40:17 PM »

Are you going to sign an exclusive contract with me to train the horse that I found and negotiated the price for? I didn't think so. Does that make you a scumbag owner?
mel4600

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2010, 05:25:10 PM »

Why don't you ask DRF? You seem to be doing research doubting me. Are you doubting me? If you are, I can send you proof in your P.M. Why are you not asking Claiming king to prove up?
mel4600

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »

this is starting to go too far again.... Mel.. why can't you acknowledge that they are both great animals and enjoy the upcoming match up for what it is?

Wings, one is a great animal and the other a very good animal. Whats there for me to acknowledge other than what  I think? I didn't bring up the horses, Claiming King did.
mel4600

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2010, 05:34:56 PM »

I'll attmept to bring the thread back on topic......And not about Dan Nance or Rachel/Zenyatta like the other 400 threads on those topics...Any trainer who finds a horse for an owner that he is getting a training bill from and charges him more than he paid for the horse is a scumbag....Pure and Simple.....Prove the horse was a good buy.....Then get your bonus when he sells

That's exactly the way I see it. State you fee's up front. If you have to get paid on the QT something is wrong. thumbs up
Moni for free

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »

Wings, one is a great animal and the other a very good animal. Whats there for me to acknowledge other than what  I think? I didn't bring up the horses, Claiming King did.
they're both great animals.. If you can't see that Rachel is great after the year she had last year in which she did SEVERAL things that no other 3 year old filly never has, you're simply blind and lose alot of credibility...
mel4600

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2010, 05:44:33 PM »

they're both great animals.. If you can't see that Rachel is great after the year she had last year in which she did SEVERAL things that no other 3 year old filly never has, you're simply blind and lose alot of credibility...

After this year we will see who is blind and who lost all credibility. The great thing about this debate is that history will prove one of us wrong. Rachel will lose to more than Zenyatta this year. Great horses always have encore performances. In any event, this is the wrong thread for this discussion.
Moni for free

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2010, 05:48:42 PM »

After this year we will see who is blind and who lost all credibility. The great thing about this debate is that history will prove one of us wrong. Rachel will lose to more than Zenyatta this year. Great horses always have encore performances. In any event, this is the wrong thread for this discussion.
Once again you miss the point entirely... they're BOTH great horses.... You want to play homer.. your preogative.. root Zenyatta on.. nothing at all wrong with that, but if you can't see that we are in a time where you get to watch 2 of the best ever get it on then I truly feel for you.  IF Rachel loses to Z does it take greatness away? not IMO... if Z loses to Rachel, it won't take greatness away from her either... Root your mare on.. fine, but enjoy the ride for what it is... we haven't had a good rivalry since 1988, Easy Goer/Sunday Silence...
mel4600

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2010, 05:56:57 PM »

Once again you miss the point entirely... they're BOTH great horses.... You want to play homer.. your preogative.. root Zenyatta on.. nothing at all wrong with that, but if you can't see that we are in a time where you get to watch 2 of the best ever get it on then I truly feel for you.  IF Rachel loses to Z does it take greatness away? not IMO... if Z loses to Rachel, it won't take greatness away from her either... Root your mare on.. fine, but enjoy the ride for what it is... we haven't had a good rivalry since 1988, Easy Goer/Sunday Silence...

I can count what I call great horses on my hands. Not sure what your definition is, however, there is a difference between a great horse and a great year. If Rachel goes undefeated this year and wins the BC Classic, I will call her great. In my opinion, she will lose to more than Zenyatta this year. April is right around the corner and we won't be debating this issue much longer.
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2010, 07:20:31 PM »

Why are you not asking Claiming king to prove up?

Probably because Claiming King sounds like a guy who has mucked a stall before and you sound like a grandstand goof.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »

Why don't you ask DRF? You seem to be doing research doubting me. Are you doubting me? If you are, I can send you proof in your P.M. Why are you not asking Claiming king to prove up?

I know you as an owner, never heard you refer to yourself as a trainer before.  Doesn't take any research, I just typed your name in.
Moni for free

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »

deleted post - jr
ya know.. there's no place for the beer muscles here... there's plenty of room for that over at the less popular forum
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:54:49 PM by jrstark » Report to moderator   Logged
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2010, 07:41:28 PM »

Okay, Sunny Mel Fitzsimmons, you getting up early tomorrow to train some three-legged rat that you own?

I offered you a fair and realistic wager that we can actually hold each other to, but you don't really believe in Zenyatta as much as you say. I've met thousands of big mouths just like you. You go on an on about this horse and on race day you'll make a big $20 bet or something. And you try to pass yourself off as some kind of horseman and then make a statement that "I'd take Zenyatta sprinting". An eight year old child would know that isn't happening. That mare's heart would break trying to catch RA at six or even a mile.
mel4600

« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2010, 07:43:33 PM »

I know you as an owner, never heard you refer to yourself as a trainer before.  Doesn't take any research, I just typed your name in.

I was responding to that idiot Claiming King who claims he knows a lot about horses. They don't just hand out trainers licenses, you have to test out, that alone makes it clear you know more than the average fan. I was just making a statement of fact, not bragging like that dimwit. I'll bet Claiming King any amount of money he wants that the documented horses I claimed and bought returned a higher ROI that what he can prove. That's how confident I am. Paul Adwell (PT) taught me the business on the backside and I respected no person in racing more. Enter his name in DRF and see what comes up. Nothing.
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2010, 07:49:42 PM »

You must be confused. I don't think I've ever boasted about any horses I've trained or mentioned any ROI. I wouldn't even know what it was. What I do know is that I had a successful career in the business and I'm now comfortably retired and doing fairly well grinding out a few bucks at the windows. It's not some get rich quick fantasy.

Now you, on the other hand, are a wannabe horseman who thinks his ability to read a Beyer speed figure makes him Marion Van Berg. Every post you make, I'm more and more sure that you never worked hands on with a horse. And I'm proud to count myself among the many victims of your witless name-calling in this forum. Go, Sunny Mel, go!
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2010, 07:54:21 PM »

Enter his name in DRF and see what comes up. Nothing.

The man won a Triple Crown race. I'm sure you can find his name in the DRF database. Convenient that your "mentor" is no longer among the living. There's no way to check up on your bullshit. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe Mr. Adwell sat next to you on a barstool at Jimmy D's some time in the 80s.
mel4600

« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »

Okay, Sunny Mel Fitzsimmons, you getting up early tomorrow to train some three-legged rat that you own?

I offered you a fair and realistic wager that we can actually hold each other to, but you don't really believe in Zenyatta as much as you say. I've met thousands of big mouths just like you. You go on an on about this horse and on race day you'll make a big $20 bet or something. And you try to pass yourself off as some kind of horseman and then make a statement that "I'd take Zenyatta sprinting". An eight year old child would know that isn't happening. That mare's heart would break trying to catch RA at six or even a mile.

You're chicken shit, that's all there is to it. If you go to the TB side you will know that I have $600 already bet with "real men". Janine knows me and I have no problem to PM you with identification. You don't have to disclose who you are as long as you pay up. Otherwise it comes out of your ass. $500 says Zenyatta beats Rachel in the Apple Blossom. I'm going to blow your mind and show you how dumb you really are. Zenyatta went faster as a sprinter than Rachel ever did, and received a bigger Beyer fig than Rachel ever did in a sprint. What do you say now dumb ass? You are really to easy to make a fool of. You already proved to me that you know less than a 8 yr old!  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:21:37 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2010, 08:11:01 PM »

Enter his name in DRF and see what comes up. Nothing.

The man won a Triple Crown race. I'm sure you can find his name in the DRF database. Convenient that your "mentor" is no longer among the living. There's no way to check up on your bullshit. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe Mr. Adwell sat next to you on a barstool at Jimmy D's some time in the 80s.

Go find it in the trainers data base. In any event, I'm positive you are a two bit thief, because you know nothing about horses. If you mucked a stall, that's all you're qualified to do.
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »

I'll do my wagering at the racetrack. Thanks, though. I'm guessing I'll get better than even money on my girl.

As far as Zenyatta running a sprint faster than RA goes, I have to ask- do you have the slightest understanding of racing and pace? Jesus, Sunny Mel, you sound like a guy who has never even watched a race let alone the big expert you claim to be. Mr. Adwell is probably rolling in his grave with shame over his prize pupil's ignorance.
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2010, 08:19:54 PM »

I'm not going to let this goof get to me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:19:47 PM by Claiming King » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: