Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 19, 2014, 07:05:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Stallion Did YOU Book Your mare To?  (Read 4662 times)
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »

I would like to know...
Myself I went with Divine Park at Airdrie.
And Also Tale Of Ekati At Darby Dan.
You dont have to give your mares name,Im just curious how Illinois breeders booked there mares..
Report to moderator   Logged

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:14:50 PM »

Still undecided ?  Leaning away from the nick ratings and goin' more with an instinct thing I think this year.   Will know for sure by Monday.  I'll keep you posted.
Larry Longfellow
Larry Longfellow

Watching You and Judging You

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 03:02:58 PM »

Looking at Fort Prado and Birdbirdistheword.  Staying in state this year.
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 11:43:45 AM »

Birdbirdistheword does look good.  Hard to knock his earnings and accomplishments.  Not bad at all for an Il. stallion. 
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 05:51:51 PM »

We are booked to Notional, Cactus Ridge, and Yes Its True. We just produced a Dehere filly out of maiden mare and have a Johar foal on the way. All are/will be IL breds. Should be awful interesting.
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 02:33:10 AM »

We are booked to Notional, Cactus Ridge, and Yes Its True. We just produced a Dehere filly out of maiden mare and have a Johar foal on the way. All are/will be IL breds. Should be awful interesting.

I like all those picks..Yes Its True especially..
Does Spenthrift still have that program with Notional??
Also wanted to say...When Johar first came out I really really liked him.  In a state bred program he will do ok going grass.
Dehere,One of my favorites..Solid sire.
My Partner and I Down the road will buy a Dehere broodmare.
Thanks very much for sharing...Ya have pretty much the same tastes as I do As An Illinois owner/breeder..

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »

I like all those picks..Yes Its True especially..
Does Spenthrift still have that program with Notional??
Also wanted to say...When Johar first came out I really really liked him.  In a state bred program he will do ok going grass.
Dehere,One of my favorites..Solid sire.
My Partner and I Down the road will buy a Dehere broodmare.
Thanks very much for sharing...Ya have pretty much the same tastes as I do As An Illinois owner/breeder..

We got really lucky with Notional. The farm where we keep our broodmares in Kentucky also had a mare that they wanted to send to Notional and they had a program where if you sent two mares to him within the same year, you get one lifetime breeding right. Both mares have to foal to get the right. I am a huge fan of almost anything In Excess, and Notional was on his way to be a really good horse until he got hurt. I think you will get early horses that will go a route of ground, maybe not 10 panels, but 8-9 furlongs is certainly within grasp.

I am guessing we will be sending something to him every year now unless he proves to be a complete slug in the shed.

The Dehere Filly, born 2/15 in downstate Illinois

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:05:42 PM by Scav » Report to moderator   Logged
Tidy Sister

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 06:36:37 AM »

We got really lucky with Notional. The farm where we keep our broodmares in Kentucky also had a mare that they wanted to send to Notional and they had a program where if you sent two mares to him within the same year, you get one lifetime breeding right. Both mares have to foal to get the right. I am a huge fan of almost anything In Excess, and Notional was on his way to be a really good horse until he got hurt. I think you will get early horses that will go a route of ground, maybe not 10 panels, but 8-9 furlongs is certainly within grasp.

I am guessing we will be sending something to him every year now unless he proves to be a complete slug in the shed.

The Dehere Filly, born 2/15 in downstate Illinois

This picture shouts out what we are all wishing for. thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

clover clover clover Good luck with your new bundle of joy!  clover clover clover

TS

IT IS BETTER NOT TO ARGUE WITH A FOOL. HE WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO HIS LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.
Tidy Sister

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 06:46:49 AM »

Our good Devils Bag mare goes to Holy Bull.

TS

IT IS BETTER NOT TO ARGUE WITH A FOOL. HE WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO HIS LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 08:25:12 AM »

Finally, a contract and final decision... Mineshaft !!! woo hoo !!!  Couldn't be happier as I not only will get the inbreeding back to Seattle Slew but also Mr. Prospector too.  Should be an awesome foal. 
tammysinnett

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 11:37:55 PM »

Exbourne.....shame on you did your forget a stud here in ILLinois??? That is who we are breeding to...first boy hit the boards first race...we have to stick with our pride!! We are inheriting some mares that are bred to Nobiz ,Suave and Runaway (Darby Dan) Might as well let the 2011 babies feel like they belong with the big dogs... raise em with the big dogs let run with the big dogs soon they too believe they are big dogs.. LOL   See you at the finish line we will be waitin for you   trophy    (friends forever Tammy )
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: