Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 21, 2014, 03:10:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ITHA  (Read 1119 times)
big wally

« on: March 06, 2006, 02:45:01 PM »

http://www.barntowire.com/2006/BTW060306.html

Wow!!!!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
David

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 02:59:50 PM »

I don't mean to tell you all how to do your business, but do you really need this right in the middle or trying to get Springfield to ante up a subsidy or whatever you are calling it. Can't these mess be sorted out after that, I imagine the rib orders have stopped with the investigation and all
ggenie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 06:57:53 PM »

Just because there is movement in Springfield certainly does not mean everything else should be put on hold.  Personal use of the credit cards has not stopped as you would expect, and even after two meetings the ITHA board has failed to impose restrictions or sanctions on Joe, Justin, or the other employees.  The more outsiders look at the books, the more unbelievable accounting they discover.  Think about it,  $50,000 for RICF, $600,000 for NTRA, in addition to the 3% (1.2-1.4 million) out of the purse account to fund the organization.
David

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

If you have some people on the fence down there -  and it sounds like you do - this could push them the wrong way. It sucks if they are running up personal stuff - they need to face the piper or whatever the saying is - but the timing isn't good for your industry right now. If you get the money out of Springfield - you all will be eating at Gibsons every night - not worrying that someone is eating free ribs at a Hickory Shack.

Jim C. claims the NTRA thing is paying off - not sure if he is right or not - but I don't think you are alledging that someone stole this millions of dollars are you? Just that the contributed it to different things than you might have liked?  But you never know how the story will get spun once the good reverend grey starts chirping in the ears of the fence sitters, I just think you could time it better, sometimes you got to let little things go for awhile and work together with people you may not want to in order to achieve bigger prizes.
burright

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 07:14:50 PM »

How in the hell can any member of the ITHA not be ready to mutiny.
Are all of the thoroughbred owners and trainers so braindead that they sit by quietly
and let the current ITHA board led by Joe Kasperski continue to steal and misuse their money.
Joe and Justin belong in the hoosgow and hopefully that's where they'll end up.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 07:18:16 PM »

There's nothing like good ol' Chicago type politics. Stab, choke, bite, kick, defame, lie, GAWD it sucks. Yer right David, but will anyone listen? This is the time to come together to achieve a possible fantastic goal, but here they are dragging out the skeletons.
User1015

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 07:35:16 PM »

I have to agree with David. The possibility of legislative changes is desperately needed for racing right now. These accusations are going to make the legislatures keep the racing industry entities at arms length.
I see all of these accusations made against the ITHA (and maybe they are all true), but I've yet to see any proof other then some credit charges for take out rib dinners and trips to 7-11. I don't particularly like Joe, Justin , et al, but before you sling mud all over websites, make sure these serious charges are true and correct and have some real merit.
burright

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 07:54:40 PM »

BeauNarro & User1015

What kind of crap are you dishing out - sounds like slave mentality to me.
"Oh, let's not revolt against our master, lest he get mad and cut our privileges"
You snapperheads have been waiting for 12 years to get something passed.
You can't even sell the goods to a legislator in Springfield, but you're worried he
might find out that the ITHA President is a crook! LOL! The ITHA is so corrupt that it
won't crack a deal with management to end recapture like the harness horsemen did.
What kind of leadership are you guys protecting. Joe and Justin probably made a deal
with Duffy and Duchossois to let recapture remain on the books in exchange for a cut of it!
The only one making any sense on this topic is ggenie.
User1015

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 08:04:09 PM »

You've got to back it up with fact. Its not that ggenie's post didn't make sense and there is enough proof for some real concern about the ITHA. At this point though, there is no real proof (none I have been privy too anyway) to be making the serious charges that I have seen on here. Like it or not, David is right.
IL#1 Race Fan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 08:36:01 PM »

I don't know what everybody else is reading, but according to the latest press release,
the Regulator Auditor, Hawthorne Race Course the Racing Board have CONFIRMED that the ITHA
had taken funds from the purse account. We also know from previous released ITHA financial
statements that money was misused and misappropriated. For crying out loud, Kasperski is paying
himself some $40,000 a year to do what. Justin is supposed to be the paid employee doing the
work of the ITHA Board. That fat ass with his funky earpiece isn't worth a load of crap! And then
Kasperski throws this crap in your face and guys like David, User 1015 and Beau Narro seem to like it -
they lick it right up! And we are all supposed to just sit here and take it because we don't want to
send the wrong message to Springfield. What a bunch of frickin morons!
David

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 08:48:39 PM »

Just take your ball and go home, you people act like little children, he got free ribs and I didn't  - I'm going to send press releases out to anyone I can think of even if it ends up costing the industry (your industry - mind you) 3 percent out of whatever every idiot loses on every boat in Illinois - makes sense to me. Do this shit in private - don't post credit card bills on the internet - I know as you are all memebers you have the right to see them - but you get that right and you post it on a public website for anyone with a phone line can see the rib orders and the good reverend gray can use it against you, I'll butcher another saying you are cutting off your nose to spite your face or whatever the hell the saying is.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 09:16:09 PM »

If you have some people on the fence down there -  and it sounds like you do - this could push them the wrong way. It sucks if they are running up personal stuff - they need to face the piper or whatever the saying is - but the timing isn't good for your industry right now.

When are the horsemen ever NOT sitting around waiting for a miracle from Springfield? It's twice a year, every year.

I say get the damn problem dealt with when it crops up, don't push it under the rug waiting for some opportune time that may never present itself. And for all we know, maybe there's some legislators that look favorably on efforts to root out wrongdoing. It's not like I enjoy having the dirty laundry being aired out, but geez it sure seems like the current administration is doing as little as possible to get the questions cleared up, even doing as much as it can to have them NOT cleared up. That's where I'd point a finger, the foot-dragging and lack of total transparency there. If the money belongs to ALL the horsemen, why can't your everyday horsemen see the books?
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 02:34:44 AM »

Mabey Im wrong but could an inditment be in the future??/
All I know is Joe used to be nice smiling and all.. For 40 grand I would smile also..The thing that bothers me is everyone is innocent util proven guilty..And HE HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN GUILTY OF ANYTHING!

Well,Joe dont smile or talk anymore...Is he pro rating his salary? Because at least he talked and answered quesions before....Now nothing...Why is  he STILL getting paid...?

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: