Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 06:14:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Even a blind squirrel..."  (Read 1076 times)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2005, 12:36:53 AM »

So, I'm getting killed tonight at Expo.  I chased the pick 6 (with a fairly large ticket), and made a couple other ill-advised bets.

Heading into the ninth race (final in the P6), I'm a sparkling 1 for 5.  So, dejected and pissed off -- I decide to try a fairly "putz-like" handicapping angle...I bet the 7 to win for one reason and one reason alone: I had him on my first pick six ticket, and took him off when I revised it (you can see it in my thread with the picks).

So, moral of the story: the horse wins and pays almost $40 -- proving that even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes.   Wink

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
race track phil

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 01:31:35 AM »

edward ,    I just sent you a private message , but I might have screwed up sending it .  let me know if you recieved the p m      RTP
TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 08:15:29 AM »

So, I'm getting killed tonight at Expo.  I chased the pick 6 (with a fairly large ticket), and made a couple other ill-advised bets.

Heading into the ninth race (final in the P6), I'm a sparkling 1 for 5.  So, dejected and pissed off -- I decide to try a fairly "putz-like" handicapping angle...I bet the 7 to win for one reason and one reason alone: I had him on my first pick six ticket, and took him off when I revised it (you can see it in my thread with the picks).

So, moral of the story: the horse wins and pays almost $40 -- proving that even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes.   Wink

Best,
EW
EW, well done.  The way you bail out is amazing.  You know, at 22 you may be the only player left in this town who never seems to lose.  Keep up the good work -don't forget to play into the Pick 6 at Cal-Expo tonight and buy some lottery tickets too.  The roll you seem to be on gives you a decided edge over those who never win and $192 million is a nice score - LOL. J/K  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 12:52:43 PM »

...oh and Scott p.m. ed me and told me to tell you that Timberton is a rat and your $500 win bet was a waste.  He also said to keep playing good horses like Chevie Winner and you'll almost be 1/2 as good a 'capper as he is - LOL  TC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: