Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 10:09:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just want to say.....  (Read 3012 times)
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 11:19:56 PM »

Try a shot of amber rum with ice a little water and a shot of coke. Enjoy!
Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 12:34:40 AM »

I have never had amber rum bu I love rum and coke, so I will look into that

Thanks!
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 12:54:45 AM »

He claims Curlin didn't like the surface, to me he wasn't good enough that day. By the way, I was a huge Curlin fan when others here were mocking him. Where Jackson's theory falls off the table is that Rachel won on the surface before and they didn't show up for the Breeders Cup being 1 for 1 on the poly. Can't run on it? You decide.

Should I give you the benefit of the doubt yet again, for a post that implies that Keeneland's Polytrack is the same surface as Santa Anita's Pro-Ride? That they play the same? That they give true dirt runners a fair shot at winning main track races? I always keep assuming that you know things like this you post are terribly thought out, or sometimes just flat out wrong or disingenuous and that you're just looking to stir the pot some more...but you post them with such frequency that I'm not sure that you actually have the rudimentary knowledge of these very obvious and basic things about how tracks play that any remotely savvy first-year horseplayer could tell you if they're just paying attention. They don't even have to be good...just have a working brain and pay attention.

Or do I just skip straight the insults, name-calling, and saying you're "wet behind the ears" for showing your ignorance in another flimsy attempt to prove a point that has been refuted some sixteen dozen times here?
mel4600

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 01:03:25 AM »

If you owned a turf horse would you run it on dirt?

If I had a turf horse who had one start on the dirt and won, I would surely run him again on the dirt, wouldn't you?
mel4600

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 01:07:13 AM »

Should I give you the benefit of the doubt yet again, for a post that implies that Keeneland's Polytrack is the same surface as Santa Anita's Pro-Ride? That they play the same? That they give true dirt runners a fair shot at winning main track races? I always keep assuming that you know things like this you post are terribly thought out, or sometimes just flat out wrong or disingenuous and that you're just looking to stir the pot some more...but you post them with such frequency that I'm not sure that you actually have the rudimentary knowledge of these very obvious and basic things about how tracks play that any remotely savvy first-year horseplayer could tell you if they're just paying attention. They don't even have to be good...just have a working brain and pay attention.

Or do I just skip straight the insults, name-calling, and saying you're "wet behind the ears" for showing your ignorance in another flimsy attempt to prove a point that has been refuted some sixteen dozen times here?

Brian, I totally disagree with everything you said. If you're such an expert on how tracks play, you would not have finished last in the only contest you participated in. Yeah, I can tell you're a first year player! Wink
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 01:08:07 AM »

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

This guy is still wet behind the ears!

what?HuhHuhHuh??/ he is totally right!!!

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 01:10:08 AM »

Brian, I totally disagree with everything you said. If you're such an expert on how tracks play, you would not have finished last in the only contest you participated in. Yeah, I can tell you're a first year player! Wink

If your pal Steve could do math, I wouldn't have "finished last", and if you could read, you'd already know that I didn't finish last.

Anything else? Logic? Nope. Reading comprehension? Nope. Decent memory? Nope. Selective, belligerent memory? Well, at least you're good at something...everyone's good at something, Mel.

Really, if you're going to take a shot at someone, at least pick something good -- using your sidekick's (quite possibly deliberate) terrible math and record-keeping to knock me doesn't work out the way you think it does....since you just failed miserably.

Anything else?
mel4600

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 01:10:59 AM »

If your pal Steve could do math, I wouldn't have "finished last", and if you could read, you'd already know that I didn't finish last.

Anything else? Logic? Nope. Reading comprehension? Nope. Decent memory? Nope. Selective, belligerent memory? Well, at least you're good at something...everyone's good at something, Mel.

Really, if you're going to take a shot at someone, at least pick something good -- using your sidekick's (quite possibly deliberate) terrible math and record-keeping to knock me doesn't work out the way you think it does....since you just failed miserably.

Anything else?

Where did you finish?  Wink
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 01:12:02 AM »

If I had a turf horse who had one start on the dirt and won, I would surely run him again on the dirt, wouldn't you?

when did curlin run once and win  on pro-ride?

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 01:13:53 AM »

Where did you finish?  Wink

Not last. You said last.

You were wrong. That's the extent of anything I have to "prove" on that one. You're lying for expediency and hoping that nobody will call you out on it -- it's what you do.
mel4600

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 01:18:14 AM »

Not last. You said last.

You were wrong. That's the extent of anything I have to "prove" on that one. You're lying for expediency and hoping that nobody will call you out on it -- it's what you do.

My memory had you last. What difference does it make when you're a bottom feeder! laughing guy

The bottom line is you can't pick shit! That's not lying!  laughing guy laughing guy
mel4600

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 01:21:55 AM »

That's a pure matter of opinion. I look at who you beat a lot more than how many "name" races you won. By the way, I still didn't see your $2 wager. Why don't you borrow it to Brian so he can get down! Wink
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 01:22:24 AM »

I'm not looking for any sympathy -- but I could say "green is my favorite color," and Mel would counter with an insult about how obviously I'm young, uninformed, stupid, a little prick, a smart ass, (insert insult here), because no horseplayer would like green.

I'm as willing to go toe to toe with anyone here, and there's a way to do it (see HV and my conversations about the claiming crown or the place pick-9 carryover days...toe to toe, not particularly friendly, but no name-calling and no lack of mutual respect for one another), but countering any factual, analytical post with name-calling is as transparent as the day is long. Nobody is fooled when someone writes something well thought-out and you respond by ignoring it all and calling them a "prick." I grew up in the first true web generation....I understand how trolling goes and I understand how those who call names the fastest and the hardest are usually the ones who were never going to act in good faith anyway and were never going to give you a fair hearing and were never going to have an honest discussion anyway because they almost always lack anything substantive or thoughtful to add to the discussion.

But it passes time, so I keep coming back for more...and there are plenty of people here who actually want to have good discussions about races, handicapping, etc, and learn from each other that it makes it worth it.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 01:23:38 AM »

Why don't you borrow it to Brian so he can get down! Wink

English much?
mel4600

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2010, 01:25:10 AM »

I'm not looking for any sympathy -- but I could say "green is my favorite color," and Mel would counter with an insult about how obviously I'm young, uninformed, stupid, a little prick, a smart ass, (insert insult here), because no horseplayer would like green.

I'm as willing to go toe to toe with anyone here, and there's a way to do it (see HV and my conversations about the claiming crown or the place pick-9 carryover days...toe to toe, not particularly friendly, but no name-calling and no lack of mutual respect for one another), but countering any factual, analytical post with name-calling is as transparent as the day is long. Nobody is fooled when someone writes something well thought-out and you respond by ignoring it all and calling them a "prick." I grew up in the first true web generation....I understand how trolling goes and I understand how those who call names the fastest and the hardest are usually the ones who were never going to act in good faith anyway and were never going to give you a fair hearing and were never going to have an honest discussion anyway because they almost always lack anything substantive or thoughtful to add to the discussion.

But it passes time, so I keep coming back for more...and there are plenty of people here who actually want to have good discussions about races, handicapping, etc, and learn from each other that it makes it worth it.

You will have me in tears soon!  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
mel4600

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2010, 01:30:24 AM »

Really, if you're going to take a shot at someone, at least pick something good
Anything else?

Well, how about charging someone $49.95 for those rancid picks of yours? Is that better?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
mel4600

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2010, 01:34:10 AM »

when did curlin run once and win  on pro-ride?

Pay attention! Who ever made that statement?
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2010, 01:34:45 AM »

Well, how about charging someone $49.95 for those rancid picks of yours? Is that better?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

If you're talking about the ones that show a profit...then I think you've missed the boat again. I think just a couple weeks ago you were talking about three strikes for trainers -- let's play three strikes for you tonight...you're on two. Got anything else? I'm game for you striking out tonight....yet again.
mel4600

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2010, 01:39:15 AM »

If you're talking about the ones that show a profit...then I think you've missed the boat again. I think just a couple weeks ago you were talking about three strikes for trainers -- let's play three strikes for you tonight...you're on two. Got anything else? I'm game for you striking out tonight....yet again.

Sine you struck me out, how about a $100, me against you tomorrow at Oak lawn? That's equivalent to only 2 fools paying you for your plays, deal?  trophy
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2010, 01:42:26 AM »

Sine you struck me out, how about a $100, me against you tomorrow at Oak lawn? That's equivalent to only 2 fools paying you for your plays, deal?  trophy

Of course not, because I'm a horseplayer who plays spot plays.

Wow, another bet that is tailored to your interests and strengths and takes away a real horseplayer's best strength -- restraint and spot plays -- tilting the bet in your favor.

I'm shocked, I tell you -- SHOCKED.

And you waving around larger sums of money won't ever accomplish anything. You have more money than me...good for you. If you want to have a challenge sometime, let's do it. But don't do it by flashing your cash around, and we'll do it with an ROI challenge on our own selected spot plays for a day.
mel4600

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2010, 01:46:19 AM »

Of course not, because I'm a horseplayer who plays spot plays.

Wow, another bet that is tailored to your interests and strengths and takes away a real horseplayer's best strength -- restraint and spot plays -- tilting the bet in your favor.

I'm shocked, I tell you -- SHOCKED.

And you waving around larger sums of money won't ever accomplish anything. You have more money than me...good for you. If you want to have a challenge sometime, let's do it. But don't do it by flashing your cash around, and we'll do it with an ROI challenge on our own selected spot plays for a day.

OK, what are your "spot races" for the week end and I'll post my picks. By the way, I would have done it for $10 at the track of your choice. Now everything is slanted in "your" favor.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:51:03 AM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2010, 01:57:53 AM »

OK, what are your "spot races" for the week end and I'll post my picks. By the way, I would have done it for $10 at the track of your choice. Now everything is slanted in "your" favor.

No, let's find a middle ground that makes it fair. If that's what you're after -- or if like many of these arguments, you just want to WIN at any cost.

Personally, straight up handicapping contests are difficult for me. Admittedly, because I'm a multi-race wager player. While there is admiration in the versatility of someone being able to handicap a race at a track they have no understanding of, I've never subscribed to the notion that it makes them the better "horseplayer." Picking straight win bets is not generally what I do as a matter of managing my own bankroll. Is there a knock to be found in there? Sure. But admittedly, it's not the way I play the horses. That said, I'm perfectly willing to do something goofy and have a little challenge with you, knowing full well that should I lose, it will be the subject of every response you write to me, and should I win, it will likely never be mentioned again, since that's not how I treat others' handicapping, as some kind of weapon to wield against them. That's just not how I view handicapping and racing communities.

I'm not suggesting that I post my spot plays and you play the same races. I'm suggesting you find your own plays, I find my own plays -- we'll find some sort of coherent measuring stick (Win ROI, $6 total WPS ROI to reward seeking out live longshots...whatever is agreed on), and spread it over a few days or a few days spot-picked by us over a few weeks (ie every Saturday for three weeks) and go from there.

I'm not interested in creating a "challenge" I can't lose. I'm interested in creating one that has a fair playing field and respects each horseplayer's right to find races that suit them...the way they would with their own, live money (of which you have tons more than me...I'll save you the trouble of repeating that in some shape or form in your reply).
mel4600

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2010, 02:00:46 AM »

Brian,

It's bed time for me, give me your spot races for the weekend and I'll post my picks. I know you can't post yours because you sell them. You can PM me your picks anytime prior to post. Believe me, I'm not one that's looking for a "free" play. I OK with this. I know most tracks and have bet them all over the years.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2010, 02:04:12 AM »

Brian,

It's bed time for me, give me your spot races for the weekend and I'll post my picks. I know you can't post yours because you sell them. You can PM me your picks anytime prior to post. Believe me, I'm not one that's looking for a "free" play. I OK with this. I know most tracks and have bet them all over the years.

We'll hold off until next weekend if we're actually going to do this -- and I'm not sure why I even am willing to entertain the idea, since I really have nothing to gain from it and am just indulging you because it'll be entertaining.

But if we're going to try to have a challenge with one another, let's do it with a set of ground rules we hash out together so there's no confusiong, and for all I care, invite other people to play. I'm more than happy to run the thing and keep tally of results.

No need to rush it -- plenty of good racing coming up and if we run something every Saturday for a month, we'll have plenty of time.

Sleep well, Great One. Cheesy
mel4600

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2010, 02:05:36 AM »

We'll hold off until next weekend if we're actually going to do this -- and I'm not sure why I even am willing to entertain the idea, since I really have nothing to gain from it and am just indulging you because it'll be entertaining.

But if we're going to try to have a challenge with one another, let's do it with a set of ground rules we hash out together so there's no confusiong, and for all I care, invite other people to play. I'm more than happy to run the thing and keep tally of results.

No need to rush it -- plenty of good racing coming up and if we run something every Saturday for a month, we'll have plenty of time.

Sleep well, Great One. Cheesy

Deal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: