Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 10:41:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just want to say.....  (Read 2845 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« on: February 05, 2010, 10:08:33 AM »

......that this TB board rules!!!  sure we have healthy disagreements, and we poke fun of one another...but that's what a good discussion is all about...people being ABLE to post their OPINIONS and not being chastised for it....thanks, BTW posters!! with that being said...my poll : when will RA  and  Zen meet in a race?

A)  in the Apple Blossum

B)  not till after July 1st

C) not till the Breeder's Cup

D) never
Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
ZENYATTA

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:17:45 AM »

Neither.
Jackson is gutless and uses corrupt lawyers for partners.Assmussen is a doper.RA cannot beat a mutiple G1 winner at equal wgts.
mel4600

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:24:56 AM »

What would have been perfect scenario would be to meet in the Apple Blossom, a major race in the summer, and if the Rachel connections still had the stomach for it after getting their ass kicked twice, the Breeders Cup Classic.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »

Unfortunately, it's probably going to be  (d)
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 07:01:54 PM »

Neither.
Jackson is gutless and uses corrupt lawyers for partners.Assmussen is a doper.RA cannot beat a mutiple G1 winner at equal wgts.

Interesting take. Jackson is gutless? He ponies up $10 million for a horse, and even before he buys it tells all the horse will not be running on synth. He sends the horse all over the country races males and older males with his filly. Now thats my kind of gutless. On the other hand Moss said he would run on dirt again, but didnt. He also said he would ship, but didnt. No his horse remained at home for the last two years. If jackson is gutless where does that leave moss? Assmussen maybe. RA has not had the oppurtunity yet. But if you consider zen beating the same goofs over and over at equal or higher weight an accomplishment, well its no wonder the type of zen fans that are out there. My guess is D due to one participants unwillingness to leave home.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 07:11:15 PM »

Shot you really need to quit snorting your dogs heart worm medication.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Moni for free

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 07:24:51 PM »

Interesting take. Jackson is gutless? He ponies up $10 million for a horse, and even before he buys it tells all the horse will not be running on synth. He sends the horse all over the country races males and older males with his filly. Now thats my kind of gutless. On the other hand Moss said he would run on dirt again, but didnt. He also said he would ship, but didnt. No his horse remained at home for the last two years. If jackson is gutless where does that leave moss? Assmussen maybe. RA has not had the oppurtunity yet. But if you consider zen beating the same goofs over and over at equal or higher weight an accomplishment, well its no wonder the type of zen fans that are out there. My guess is D due to one participants unwillingness to leave home.
actually.. shot.. this is a freakin masterpiece.. good work thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up stick to this side, I'll enjoy your work MUCH more here...
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 08:14:15 PM »

thumbs up
ZENYATTA

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 08:46:05 PM »

Please point out where Jackson told all the horse would not be running on Poly before he bought her ?
Races all ove rthe country ? He bought her in KY ran her right back in KY.She then raced in NY and NJ ? This is your opinion of racing ALL OVER THE COUNTRY ?
I am not defending Moss and will not.Call him gutless if you want and he maybe a bigger one than Jackson but it does change the fact Jackson is gutless.
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 09:00:53 PM »

Please point out where Jackson told all the horse would not be running on Poly before he bought her ?
Races all ove rthe country ? He bought her in KY ran her right back in KY.She then raced in NY and NJ ? This is your opinion of racing ALL OVER THE COUNTRY ?
I am not defending Moss and will not.Call him gutless if you want and he maybe a bigger one than Jackson but it does change the fact Jackson is gutless.

i think he bought her in ky and then shipped east to win the preakness. at least thats the way i remember it
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 09:06:22 PM »

Maybe check to see what happened with Curlin. Jackson got talked into running him on that shit and said he would not do it with Rachel. In my opinion very fair and smart. As for all over the country, maybe I am overstating in your eyes. However, running at CD in ky, then pim in md, followed by bel in ny, also mth in nj and sar in ny thats 5 different tracks in 4 states is good enough for me. 3 tracks in one state not so much. Again like I said Mr Jacson is my kind of gutless then. And from what I have seen very classy and gracious.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »

I made a mistake about the Preakness.You are right about running more than Z..My feelings are probably biased against Jackson and Assmussen but not likely to change.I would have preferred RA remain with the original connections.
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 09:22:55 PM »

I made a mistake about the Preakness.You are right about running more than Z..My feelings are probably biased against Jackson and Assmussen but not likely to change.I would have preferred RA remain with the original connections.
one name you dont hear is hal wiggins and the job he did. he made a decision like the owner of war emblem also did. i dont think he wanted to sell but couldnt afford not to.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:31:12 PM by swoopdaddy » Report to moderator   Logged
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 09:28:04 PM »

I would have preferred RA remain with the original connections.

If she had, it's very unlikely we would have witnessed what we did -- the most brilliant campaign by a 3yo filly in some time, if not ever.
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 09:40:04 PM »

Agree-if RA with first connections, RA never races against males in Preakness and the other events.  Therefore Z never races against males in the BC Classic.  We'd have had arguments over these 2 over Filly/Mare of the year, and perhaps Gio Ponti as HOY with Gr. 1 wins in Turf and then Synth (2nd to Z in BC Classic.)

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 09:46:08 PM »

Agree-if RA with first connections, RA never races against males in Preakness and the other events.  Therefore Z never races against males in the BC Classic.  We'd have had arguments over these 2 over Filly/Mare of the year, and perhaps Gio Ponti as HOY with Gr. 1 wins in Turf and then Synth (2nd to Z in BC Classic.)

You're exactly right. Z would never have gone in the Classic if not for Jackson's RA campaign leading to Moss desperation. Their stated goal all year long was the So Cal powder puff league and then the BC Ladies. They were running a chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken campaign the whole time. It's why they lost HOY.
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 10:57:01 PM »

Sounds like a lot of people would have preferred that. I know a lot hate assmussen, but I like betting against a lot of his horses due to his reputation. You are passionate which is great, and even better willing to read and look at others points. thumbs up
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 10:57:41 PM »

actually.. shot.. this is a freakin masterpiece.. good work thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up stick to this side, I'll enjoy your work MUCH more here...
I will try, thanks though.
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 11:00:51 PM »

Agree-if RA with first connections, RA never races against males in Preakness and the other events.  Therefore Z never races against males in the BC Classic.  We'd have had arguments over these 2 over Filly/Mare of the year, and perhaps Gio Ponti as HOY with Gr. 1 wins in Turf and then Synth (2nd to Z in BC Classic.)

I know one of the posters here will vehemently be oppossed to this but since we are what iffing. What about Goldikova for HOTY if the above scenario occured. I know she only raced once in NA but she is definately all world
mel4600

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »

If she had, it's very unlikely we would have witnessed what we did -- the most brilliant campaign by a 3yo filly in some time, if not ever.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

This guy is still wet behind the ears!
mel4600

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 11:11:46 PM »

Maybe check to see what happened with Curlin. Jackson got talked into running him on that shit and said he would not do it with Rachel. In my opinion very fair and smart.

He claims Curlin didn't like the surface, to me he wasn't good enough that day. By the way, I was a huge Curlin fan when others here were mocking him. Where Jackson's theory falls off the table is that Rachel won on the surface before and they didn't show up for the Breeders Cup being 1 for 1 on the poly. Can't run on it? You decide.
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 11:23:26 PM »

He claims Curlin didn't like the surface, to me he wasn't good enough that day. By the way, I was a huge Curlin fan when others here were mocking him. Where Jackson's theory falls off the table is that Rachel won on the surface before and they didn't show up for the Breeders Cup being 1 for 1 on the poly. Can't run on it? You decide.
Let me restate as concisely as I can. First of all if you think Curlin was not good enough that day, you are certainly correct. However being beaten by two euro turf horses and tiago leads me to believe the surface was a big factor. Certainly in my opinion Curlin whips Tiago on dirt just about anyday. And it really does not matter what you or I think. Mr jacksons views are what matter and he was quite forthcoming. He did not want to run Curlin on that stuff and did not like the results. He stated quite clearly he would not run RA on that shit and he stuck to it.
mel4600

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 11:33:42 PM »

Let me restate as concisely as I can. First of all if you think Curlin was not good enough that day, you are certainly correct. However being beaten by two euro turf horses and tiago leads me to believe the surface was a big factor. Certainly in my opinion Curlin whips Tiago on dirt just about anyday. And it really does not matter what you or I think. Mr jacksons views are what matter and he was quite forthcoming. He did not want to run Curlin on that stuff and did not like the results. He stated quite clearly he would not run RA on that shit and he stuck to it.

Watch the race and tell me where the surface got him? The jock made to early of a move and had the lead mid stretch and simply ran out of horse. No excuses! You're right, he can choose when and where to run, just don't give me the surface excuse on Breeders Cup day when your horse is 1 for 1 on the surface. Its kind of like Obama telling everyone the recession is over. Wink
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 11:45:38 PM »

Watch the race and tell me where the surface got him? The jock made to early of a move and had the lead mid stretch and simply ran out of horse. No excuses! You're right, he can choose when and where to run, just don't give me the surface excuse on Breeders Cup day when your horse is 1 for 1 on the surface. Its kind of like Obama telling everyone the recession is over. Wink
Sorry mel watching the race will not help me. I am not a keen eye like yourself. I can only go by pps. And those tell me that in two runnings of the bc classic at SA on synth, the horses who ran itm many  had turf influence. As for an excuse, I am not at all sure what you are talking about. The owner does not like synth. If you owned a turf horse would you run it on dirt? Maybe you might try, but if you had a bad experience on dirt you would probably say screw it. Thats not an excuse its a principle. Mr Jackson has clearly stated he would not run her there.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 12:06:40 AM »

I have to stop reading this thread.  I keep going to bed with all the posts going over and over in my head and can't sleep.  I think I've got a good comment to post then I read another day and YIKES I give up! 

I like it though, I like it.  Just have to get this thread out of my dreams when I finally fall into sleep.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: