Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 29, 2014, 01:37:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Frank hits Santa Anita place all !  (Read 1455 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« on: March 05, 2006, 09:16:25 PM »

Today Suntan Tommy was at Hawthorne. He stopped by Trackside on Friday and picked up a good John Frank story.

Apparently John Frank had invested $24 in the place pick all at Santa Anita. After the first couple winners, John Frank offered 1/2 the ticket for sale. No takers. Then the horses went on an amazing run, that somehow corresponded to John Frank's ticket, and when the smoke cleared, there was John Frank holding a ticket that was still live going into the final race. John Frank, good friend that he is, went looking for Bill Downes the mayor of Arlington, and graciously sold Bill 1/2 the ticket for $12. The 8th race went off, and when it was all over, they'd won. THEY'D WON!

Paid a generous $44.10, minus ITW surcharge.

Nice hit, John Frank.
Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 09:26:30 PM »

This place pick all bet is the absolute lamest bet in all of racing...until they bring back the "omni", that is.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 09:45:11 PM »

And yesterday because there were 8 races it hit 8 out of 10 for $28,400. And Sun Tan was mistaken. It was a $16.00 ticket. That is all I will invest in Place all and pick 6's. So Billy bought in for $8.00. Today I let Billy buy in on a pick 3 at the Palace. Total cost $20.00. Billy bought in after I hit first 2. His investment $10.00. It paid $497.00. Verification will be brought to you by RUN SUCKER RUN. Thanks Terry you can knock me,but I always offer Billy a buy in. Now April 8th at Arlington I will be playing single entry on my own. YOU ALREADY KNOW,JOHN FRANK WINS.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 09:46:44 PM »

Sorry,I meant 10 races yesterday in there bet. 8 WON.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:53:50 PM »

Now April 8th at Arlington I will be playing single entry on my own. YOU ALREADY KNOW, JOHN FRANK WINS.

From what I understand, they're going to post your name and picture on the website ahead of time, to save people the time, aggravation, and cost of coming out just to lose.

Nice hit on the pick 3.

Did robertv show up at Hawthorne today? Was he in the contest?

I don't pay attention anymore to who wins those, because it's never me. It wasn't Robert anyone, though, I don't think. Suntan Tommy did get a call, after the 2nd contest race. Popped and faded.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 09:58:39 PM »

His last name is VENTIMILLA. He was at trackside Friday. Spends Saturday at his Girlfriends in Hoffman Estates. He won Friday and there is a good chance he headed to Hawthorne today. Can't say for sure. He is a great handicapper. Rans second in the country to JOHN FRANK.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 10:04:08 PM »

His last name is VENTIMILLA.

Don't think I saw that name. Maybe he was part of the large, raucous party in the "turf club dining room" today, or in one of the smaller private rooms, hanging out with the really elite players.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 10:06:56 PM »

Horse Voice. I always play place all at Southern California tracks. Only during the week when there are only 8 races. Like to play especially when there is a pic 6 carryover. All big bettors concentrate on pick 6. I only play for $16.00. Have hit for $12,000. Have hit for $900.00 times 4. That is $3600. That just means if your carring multilples and both come in you multiply. Have hit others anywhere from $44.00 to $700.00. IT"S NOT A DUMB BET. And I have also hit pick 6's. Largest $3600. All for $16.00. Have also hit Magna pick 5. Again another $16.00 bet. And these are one bet,NO OTHERS.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 10:13:45 PM »

About 15 years ago I was the only winner of a pick 6 at Maywood (harness). I placed the bet at Sportsmans. The next night when I came in to cash the $3,800+ ticket all the mutual clerks told me how unlucky I was..LOL..the night before I hit it, 2 people hit it when it had gotten to over $150,000. What a bummer! I only bet $8 on the pick - there was a $10 winner and the last leg paid $47.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 10:20:03 PM »

One last thing. The place all is a $1.00 bet.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 10:32:48 PM »

Hey John Frank, I know robertv is a big fan of my photography, so I snuck may camera in today and took some exclusive illegal photos just for him, when the guards weren't looking. I think the head in the one picture could even be Suntan Tommy, sitting outside on a day like today! Hawthorne Race Course, the summer place to be!

BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 10:38:40 PM »

3rd floor grandstand about 70' east of the white box seat area. Any pidgeons nesting overhead in the pidgeon control netting?? LOL

Great pictures Terry!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 10:48:36 PM »

3rd floor grandstand about 70' east of the white box seat area. Any pidgeons nesting overhead in the pidgeon control netting?? LOL

Why yes. Yes there were. We even commented on it.

The really big news of the weekend, however, is the very large flock of Canada geese currently residing in the infield. I think it's more geese than I've seen out there previously. First they were down by the far turn, then they walked up by the pond. Yesterday they were more on clubhouse end. A guy was seen traipsing through the infield today, giving the geese the evil eye. We think it might have been the goose-chaser guy, getting a head start for when turf season rolls around, and his job is to spend all day out there in the infield, throwing sticks at the geese and shooing them to keep them close to the pond and away from the turf course.

No coyotes were spotted on the ice today, for there was no ice.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 10:55:37 PM »

OMG that's to funny Terry. Today just a while after training ended I called my trainer. He told me about the 2 new dirt track inspectors walking from about mid-stretch to the finish line - then turning around waddling through the sand and snow for 100' or so, and turning to check-out the turf course. Then he said they were 2 geese..LOL
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 11:06:50 PM »

OMG that's to funny Terry. Today just a while after training ended I called my trainer. He told me about the 2 new dirt track inspectors walking from about mid-stretch to the finish line - then turning around waddling through the sand and snow for 100' or so, and turning to check-out the turf course. Then he said they were 2 geese..LOL

Those may have been the two rogue geese that spent the day separate from the rest of the flock. They mostly hung around the finish line on the turf course. One appeared to have an appetite for the plants and flowers in the small flower bed by the finish line, under the ads.

Last weekend there was a heck of a goose fight out in the pond. It was quite a tussle, and went on and on, splashing and thrashing, for about two whole races. When it was over and the exhausted combatant geese dragged themselves onto the little island, one of them appeared to have suffered a career-ending injury to a leg or hip. That goose was in bad shape.

We are of the opinion that none of this reprehensible goose behavior would occur if the geese had a nice little fake farm and windmill by the pond, like they did at Sportsman's.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 11:09:57 PM »

hmmmm..I wonder if they would consider wager opportunities for goose fights.
robertv

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 09:16:01 AM »

He won Friday and there is a good chance he headed to Hawthorne today. Can't say for sure. He is a great handicapper. Rans second in the country to JOHN FRANK.

Thanks for the kind words John ( second to JOHN FRANK ?)  Smiley

It was great seeing you last Friday - hope your fish dinner was good.
I didn't have a chance to make it to Hawthorne this past weekend,
maybe Tuesday I'll make my first visit of the new meet........

Hey John Frank, I know robertv is a big fan of my photography, so I snuck may camera in today and took some exclusive illegal photos just for him, when the guards weren't looking. I think the head in the one picture could even be Suntan Tommy, sitting outside on a day like today! Hawthorne Race Course, the summer place to be!

Terry -

First shot: compose the picture without the pole,
however having the one person seated in the stands
adds nice depth.

Second shot: very nice

« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 09:17:58 AM by robertv » Report to moderator   Logged
Stat

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 07:52:29 PM »

What?  no odds on the goose fight?  You guys were too amused to take action?
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 08:05:23 PM »

Thankfully the geese won't be on the payroll, increasing expenses.   Cheesy
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 08:08:03 PM »

What?  no odds on the goose fight?  You guys were too amused to take action?

I think you can see, by the evidence of Photograph B, that the pond is quite some distance from our observation post. On top of that, the fight was happening out in the middle of the pond, near the little island. Thirdly, these being Canada geese, the fighters were wearing the same trunks. It was, quite unfortunately, just too far away to make out clearly which goose was which, for wagering purposes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: