Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 25, 2014, 08:52:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Largest  (Read 954 times)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2010, 09:13:03 PM »

What is the largest ticket you ever cashed betting.
How much did you bet?
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »

around april 21,2009 at hawthorne on a late race from mountaineer,,,bet$105..00,,hit for $7822.00 on multiple tri,s and exacta,s and 1/2 of a super,,winner went off at 25/1 had 20 wp and the other$65 was on tri,s and exact,s with my LS on top..three of the tic,s were irs,,after teller did all the paper work i left with like $7350.00 .gave her money off the top on every ticket just to round it off for fast cash payouts
Prince Ebony

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »

Hit an exacta and a tri at Woodbine years ago. The tri paid 5800 and I had it on two tickets for a dollar each. Had the exacta which paid 850 on two tickets as well. Collected 6650. Minus the 800 for the signer fee and the tip.
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 09:45:42 PM »

three weeks ago on express bet,,,bet a even hundred bucks on a race from turf paridise and nailed the tri for half,,paid over 8g for full ticket had exacta,s and it totaled over 7 grand,,,did manage to get check mailed out the next day for 6 grand,,however this does in no way mean i won,,it just offset some bills that i didn,t pay from gambling too much...and as i tell the wife and folks it only offset,s the loses,,,,now if i could win that every month or so than maybe i could say i,m ahead thumbs up
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:47:21 PM by servicetech » Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 10:31:48 PM »

Bay Meadows some years back I hit a 5 dollare xacta one way
1500 dollars it was a Buckpasser filly in the mud.(She was gorgeous.)
Golden Gate I hit a super box the ticket cost me 2oo dollars and something   I hit for 17ooo.
I have hit a 2 pick 6,s but for 5ooo.
Stockton fair Cheryl White road this gorgeous black quarter horse I hurried to the window put 10 to win got back almost 2ooo.

Tidy Sister

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 08:59:22 AM »

Back in the heyday--at Freehold--The blessed Twin Double.

When it was a little easier to "forecast" the top two finishers.

And many good horsemen who had "a good idea" how their horse(s) were feeling that day.

One year--sixty day meet--had a portion of seven twins, one of them $29k.

"THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIEND, WE THOUGHT THEY'D NEVER END...."

Tidy Sister

IT IS BETTER NOT TO ARGUE WITH A FOOL. HE WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO HIS LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.
jayregopark

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 02:04:52 PM »

Since you said "largest ticket", and didn't specify racing, a few months ago I hit the "number" in NY with a $30.00 investment", which brought a $15K return. All $1.00 tickets so no tax involvement. By the way, I don't play that sucker game regularly, but when I get a "hunch, dream, or omen", I like to play for $20 to $50.. If lightning strikes...it's a nice shot. Haven't had a hunch since that day. I almost pulled a Fred Sanford, and clutched my chest when the number came across the TV screen. I really was speechless.

JAY
Prince Ebony

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »

Since you said "largest ticket", and didn't specify racing, a few months ago I hit the "number" in NY with a $30.00 investment", which brought a $15K return. All $1.00 tickets so no tax involvement. By the way, I don't play that sucker game regularly, but when I get a "hunch, dream, or omen", I like to play for $20 to $50.. If lightning strikes...it's a nice shot. Haven't had a hunch since that day. I almost pulled a Fred Sanford, and clutched my chest when the number came across the TV screen. I really was speechless.

Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you... Nice post Jay. As usual, I may add..
JBCSFL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

My largest payoff was on a $1 Super ticket at Sports Creek Raceway. It was around fifteen years ago when there were actually large pools at that track. My $1 ticket paid me $8300.00 and change. As with all my gimmick bets, I did not have much money invested in it........maybe $16.00 to $24.00 Max.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:18:40 PM by JBCSFL » Report to moderator   Logged
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 06:36:36 PM »

I took the pool of $16,000 on a $.10 super at Colonial Downs......It was funny because they posted the result as paying $322,000 for $2.....Iggy Puglisi kept pointing out how good this first timer looked and it was a 12 horse field.....I debated betting $100 win or wheeling the super for a dime for $99....for once I made the right choice.....The biggest score I ever made at the track was $39,500 and I didnt even bet the race

SHOWTIME!!!
Brush and Crush

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 07:38:10 PM »

New Years's Day 2009 I hit the pick 4 at the Meadowlands for $10,500 or about $7700 after Uncle Sam took his cut.  I still remember the winner of the last leg was owned by Patrick Berry...who was driving that night, but he put Doobie up on him, and DD had his choice of 3 in the race, and chose to drive the 10 horse which looked odd to me, sure enough he won at 17-1 to complete the nice score.
M1

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 07:42:03 PM »

$53,000 pick 6 at Gulfstream, put about $200 into it, in 2003.  Later that year, sole winner of the pick 6 at Belmont, $34,000.  Where the hell did this money go?
Prince Ebony

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »

$53,000 pick 6 at Gulfstream, put about $200 into it, in 2003.  Later that year, sole winner of the pick 6 at Belmont, $34,000.  Where the hell did this money go?

I remember reading about that before. I still cannot imagine those numbers. Didn't you make a huge score on the Derby one year as well?
M1

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »

I remember reading about that before. I still cannot imagine those numbers. Didn't you make a huge score on the Derby one year as well?

The Big Brown derby.  Had the supefecta for a dollar paid $29,000, had the pick 4 twice, that paid a few grand each, and had the triple paid about 1800, collected $40,000 betting about $400 on an even money horse, lol
Prince Ebony

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 08:03:27 PM »

The Big Brown derby.  Had the supefecta for a dollar paid $29,000, had the pick 4 twice, that paid a few grand each, and had the triple paid about 1800, collected $40,000 betting about $400 on an even money horse, lol

Unbelievable scores. That is all i can say...
M1

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 08:05:36 PM »

Case, when you bet the way I do, day in and day out, you need these type of scores just to survive.  I can easily lose $1,500 a night for 10 straight nights.  Saturday night I had all the pick 3s in the middle of the card a few times , and they were all like 500 and 800 and stuff like that, and I finished the night down 800.  Its a tough game.  I just consider myself a survivor.
Prince Ebony

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 08:14:39 PM »

Case, when you bet the way I do, day in and day out, you need these type of scores just to survive.  I can easily lose $1,500 a night for 10 straight nights.  Saturday night I had all the pick 3s in the middle of the card a few times , and they were all like 500 and 800 and stuff like that, and I finished the night down 800.  Its a tough game.  I just consider myself a survivor.

No, I know. I've seen you in action. The thing that is remarkable is the numbers that you are able to hit. I know you send it in, but cashing for 20k in a race is completely foreign to me. And, that loser on the other site brags about his scores.
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 10:57:40 PM »

this ain,t the biggest,but the funniest,,cost $32 bucks medowlands pick 4 about 4 years ago,,made the bet at the waukegan OTB in waukegan illinois,,{Arlington's},,bet a $2 dollar ticket with 2 runners per leg,cost$32 bucks,,hit 1st leg,,than hit 2nd leg,,nailed 3rd leg with a long shot shipping from balmoral came from the clouds to win,,4th leg big favorite won, i finished 2nd and *** and moaned,,than inquiry goes up,for 10 mins there looking at favorite for pulling at aprox 5/8 and causing a horse to get steppy,,didn,t think there would be any changes,,,than they switced the numbers i won it paid $ 5800.00.surprised it paid that much,,,went to collect irs tix,put up s.s. card and license and they demanded my arlington players card to compare acct number on ticket,{ new rule,s she say,s} i told her thats the biggest bullshit rule,,YOU GOT MY LICENSE and S.S. CARD and you want players card..she says to many people giving irs tix,s to others to cash due to taxes,come on now if i want to cash a friends irs  ticket and he offers me a couple of hundred to deal with the taxes at the end of the year that should be my problem,,,,,anyhow you get the drift.such bullshit
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:01:04 PM by servicetech » Report to moderator   Logged
Prince Ebony

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 11:02:37 PM »

this ain,t the biggest,but the funniest,,cost $32 bucks medowlands pick 4 about 4 years ago,,made the bet at the waukegan OTB in waukegan illinois,,{Arlington's},,bet a $2 dollar ticket with 2 runners per leg,cost$32 bucks,,hit 1st leg,,than hit 2nd leg,,nailed 3rd leg with a long shot shipping from balmoral came from the clouds to win,,4th leg big favorite won, i finished 2nd and *** and moaned,,than inquiry goes up,for 10 mins there looking at favorite for pulling at aprox 5/8 and causing a horse to get steppy,,didn,t think there would be any changes,,,than they switced the numbers i won it paid $ 5800.00.surprised it paid that much,,,went to collect irs tix,put up s.s. card and license and they demanded my arlington players card to compare acct number on ticket,{ new rule,s she say,s} i told her thats the biggest bullshit rule,,YOU GOT MY LICENSE and S.S. CARD and you want players card..she says to many people giving irs tix,s to others to cash due to taxes,come on now if i want to cash a friends irs  ticket and he offers me a couple of hundred to deal with the taxes at the end of the year that should be my problem,,,,,anyhow you get the drift.such bullshit

Great Post Tech. I wish I could get a favorite taken down once in my life..
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 11:07:37 PM »

and it was one you could watch 50 times and say 50 times i don,t think there gonna do anything
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 11:08:03 PM »

2,300$
40-60$
Was about 5 years ago. Hard to remember. I had 2 signers in 3 races at RCR once which is alot considering the pools.
Prince Ebony

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 11:10:16 PM »

2,300$
40-60$
Was about 5 years ago. Hard to remember. I had 2 signers in 3 races at RCR once which is alot considering the pools.

My signer record was 3 in 45 minutes. Yonkers, Woodbine and The Meadowlands..

fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 11:39:20 PM »

What a thrill!
I would have said "Elizabeth I'm here!"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: