Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 02:45:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eclipse Award voters have crediblity issues ...  (Read 2561 times)
mel4600

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 06:25:46 PM »

The time has come to replace the way Eclipse Awards are given and the people who do the voting.It is time for some system that make sense to eveyone.The most recent vote for HOY is only the latest vote to bring into questions about an East vs. West bias among other faults in the system.
Some of the people who voted this year were probably part of the same group who did the voting in 1996.They awarded an Eclipse Award to a horse that never even raced in the U.S. that year.Even the Canadians voters did not give this horse an award in 1996.Diplomatic Jet won multiple G1T races in the U.S. yet was beat out for the award.

SOME ECLIPSE AWARD VOTERS HAVE ZERO CREDIBLITY DRAWING THE WHOLE PROCESS INTO QUESTION.

You are 100% correct! We need to get rid of the "fix" in horse racing before it completely dies.  Undecided
Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 06:29:14 PM »

Thank You for letting all of us know how the people who were snubbed in 1996 still feel or felt.I forgot you had that ability.

It's only February 1, but I think this post has the "Most Unnecessarily Melodramatic Post of the Year" award wrapped up.

"Jim, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, Pete."

"C'mon, man -- you're practically in tears, and you look like death warmed over. What's up?"

"Alright, you really want to know? It's that damned HOY vote in 1996 that went to Singspiel -- I can't shake it off! I know it's been 14 years, but hey -- WRONG IS WRONG."

"Jim, wow, that's a long time to walk around steaming about some trivial award, don't you think?"

"Oh, that's nothing -- don't even bring up the Cubs - Mets game from Shea Stadium in September of '69! Tommie Agee was out at home that night, goddammit!!"

:::Pete s-l-o-w-l-y backs away and out of the room:::
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »

It's only February 1, but I think this post has the "Most Unnecessarily Melodramatic Post of the Year" award wrapped up.

The whole thread's got a serious leg up on Plain Old Most Unnecessary.
Moni for free

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 10:50:27 PM »

really.. there was no conspiracy with the HOY vote.. Hate to say it... I though Rachel deserved the award more..I would NOT have been upset if she had lost to Zenyatta... stop the whining, crying and hating.. if anything Zenyatta's losing gave us another year to watch her.... boy how much does THAT suck.. NOT
mel4600

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 08:27:26 AM »

.. if anything Zenyatta's losing gave us another year to watch her.... boy how much does THAT suck.. NOT

Losing the award had nothing to do with her retiring. Moss made up his mind to bring her back 3 days after he announced her retirement. He knows he has the best race horse ever and will prove it.
Moni for free

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 08:33:03 AM »

Losing the award had nothing to do with her retiring. Moss made up his mind to bring her back 3 days after he announced her retirement. He knows he has the best race horse ever and will prove it.
whatever.. the timing of the announcement makes me wonder about that.. I really don't care what his motivation is, the horse is coming back, I can dream that he'll send her to Saratoga... they been on record saying they really don't like the Del Mar surface anyway so its not THAT far fetched...
mel4600

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 08:36:03 AM »

whatever.. the timing of the announcement makes me wonder about that.. I really don't care what his motivation is, the horse is coming back, I can dream that he'll send her to Saratoga... they been on record saying they really don't like the Del Mar surface anyway so its not THAT far fetched...

I hope you're right.
Moni for free

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:40 AM »

I hope you're right.
a RA/Z matchup in the Go For Wand would get 50k at the Spa... and that's WITH NYRA's inept marketing.... you guys don't understand what the sport is up there... that whole area would be electric for the matchup of the ages
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 09:15:14 AM »

a RA/Z matchup in the Go For Wand would get 50k at the Spa... and that's WITH NYRA's inept marketing.... you guys don't understand what the sport is up there... that whole area would be electric for the matchup of the ages

50K WINGS??   I think they'd need to open the infield! but alas, like u i can dream, but in all honesty, i expect them to avoid each other til  nov 6th at churchill.....(or 5th if they both opt for the Ladies Classic)...and even then if the track comes up slopply/muddy.......one might scratch....

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Horse Voice

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 11:26:41 AM »

LOL!

All Moss did was "beat the street", just like he did when he found out just how weak the BC Classic came up -- he switched plans at the last minute and ran Zenyatta there instead of in the BC Ladies Classic.

Same with the HOY award -- news that Rachel won was one of the worst kept secrets of the year, so far; Moss got wind of it, too, and made his move, pulling Zenyatta back from retirement.

Nothing "bold" or ballsy about either move.

mel4600

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 01:53:09 PM »

LOL!

All Moss did was "beat the street", just like he did when he found out just how weak the BC Classic came up -- he switched plans at the last minute and ran Zenyatta there instead of in the BC Ladies Classic.

Man are you off base!  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
mel4600

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 01:55:56 PM »

Nothing "bold" or ballsy about either move.

Obviously Rachel thought it was ballsy since she was a no show! laughing guy
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 02:34:34 PM »

a RA/Z match-up in the Go For Wand would get 50k at the Spa... and that's WITH NYRA's inept marketing.... you guys don't understand what the sport is up there... that whole area would be electric for the matchup of the ages
Please don't jinx these beautiful mares.
May I remind you what happen to Go for Wand when she met Bayakoa.
Please ladies and gentlemen I am so  afraid a lot of hype about these great mares leads to tragedy please take the pressure off and when and where and if they meet lets give the trainers and owners some room to be able to scratch their horses if they are not right with out calling it dodge ball.
I have seen this happen so many times happen to great horses I do not want to see this happen to either of these great mares back off of them please.I don't want to ever see either mare loose !

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Horse Voice

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 02:43:08 PM »

Mel, you can roll on the floor and laugh all you want, but if you go back through the DRF archives as little as 3 weeks before the BC, Shirreffs was still saying "LADIES Classic" for Zenyatta.

The switch to the BC Classic didn't happen until they scoped out the field and realized there wasn't much to beat. Zenyatta's connections might be timid, but they aren't stupid.
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »

The right horse won, thats the bottom line. Ship somewhere.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 09:00:54 PM »

Obviously Rachel thought it was ballsy since she was a no show! laughing guy

RA had no choice....last i knew, she couldn't drive a horse van.... nyah

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 09:34:16 PM »

RA had no choice....last i knew, she couldn't drive a horse van.... nyah

Not to mention, she was laid up at a farm somewhere LONG before Moss made his decision about the BC Classic.
Horse Voice

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2010, 12:23:10 AM »

By the way...Moss / Shirreffs are at it again.

The nominations for the Dubai races came out today. No mention of Zenyatta. How come?

Are they ducking? Or are they scoping out how tough the fields come up before making a commitment?
Moni for free

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 12:37:11 AM »

50K WINGS??   I think they'd need to open the infield! but alas, like u i can dream, but in all honesty, i expect them to avoid each other til  nov 6th at churchill.....(or 5th if they both opt for the Ladies Classic)...and even then if the track comes up slopply/muddy.......one might scratch....
Mare, they've had over 60 for the Travers before.. its tight like a sardine can but they'll do it
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 12:44:51 AM »

No way let them both ship to the ARC!

Moni for free

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 12:51:00 AM »

screw the Arc.. Screw Dubai... they are U.S. horses  flag flag flag flag they belong here...
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 01:41:17 AM »

Wrong!
We are talking big money not east verse west junk.
Lets see Dubai cup purse of 4 or 5 million. Maybe they make it a 10 million if both those Ladies agree to race.
Well maybe fantasy but "boss Dee plane Dee plane boss."
Yeah well you do the math?

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 06:17:33 AM »

never happen.....

Thomas Graham

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 08:29:53 AM »

Dubai World Cup is already $10 million this year.  I think that's ample money for either/both.  Let's face it, RA (as much as I was in her camp to get the Eclipse) will not be ready for World Cup if she's only just now had her first half-mile breeze - and an easy one at that.
Moni for free

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 09:27:22 AM »

horses that go to Dubai almost never return as well as they left... there are VERY few exceptions to the rule... nme me 10 horses who came back at the same level as they left... that ship takes too much out of the horses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: