Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 09:44:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHRIS EZZO NOW INVOLVED IN LAWSUIT WITH A LONGTIME HORSEMAN  (Read 8749 times)
Dan Nance

« on: March 03, 2006, 07:02:41 PM »

My spies in Chicago now tell me that Chris Ezzo the assistant to the stewards and wife of IRB member Mickey Ezzo is involved in a lawsuit with a longtime horseman.

I understand it involves some sort of threat that was made and the police were called to Balmoral. Who made the threat is not clear to me as yet. I was told however that the longtime horseman is currently suspended. Of course it's always the horseman that's in the wrong but never management.

What the heck is going on in Chicago? Are people that miserable that they are now threating to kill eachother over horse issues? I thought I've heard it all but this takes the cake.
Report to moderator   Logged
LVd

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:03:25 PM »

Years ago ,when Chris and Mickey got married and still worked side by side, Wasn't that  A conflict of interest?Huh?  Yet, it went on for a long time.
      HHHHMMMMMMMMM?HuhHuh??

Also, What has Mickey Ezzo ever done for Illinois harness racing,except draw a large paycheck?Huh
TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:23:25 PM »

Chris Ezzo and an old timer got into a shouting match in the hallowed halls of Crimoral.  She was ragging about Coggins paperwork and he said the horses has already left the grounds for turn out in FL.  I believe it was Steven Lefkowitz.  The exchange got heated, she threatened to put him out of business and called him a "vile old man".  Why Chris Ezzo would pick on a 75+ year old guy is beyond me.  I guess being kind to the elderly isn't in the Gestapo/asst. to the braindead steward's handbook.  Many years ago, Chris was a helpful sort.  It seems now that those days are gone.  Last I heard, Mr. Lefkowitz was exploring his options legally (helloooooooooo Joe Parisi !) for not only age discrimination vs. Balmoral but also an IRB officer let slip a racial slur when he called to complain. (NOTE TO NJ PAUL : If the man in question was called a {J-word} by someone at the IRB, that would be wrong, would it not?)  Now, the complaintant is irate at the IRB as well.  I told him he was nuts to expect kindness and compassion from downtown, but those insensitive comments really have this septagenarian's blood boiling (and rightfully so IMO).   trotter  TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 01:57:47 AM »

Maybe Richard Breth can tell us what happened in this case.  Richie, if you're out there, did you hear anything about Chris Ezzo threatening and cursing an old man out, even to the point of a violent death threat? Wow, I always knew Chris had a temper, but threatening physical harm to the elderly is uncalled for and very unprofessional. 

Chris should be removed from her job pending an investigation by an outside independent agency. 

Since it is an IRB matter and Richie B. is usually in the know, maybe he'll share his secret information of what really happened. LOL.  Hey Richie, got any facts, figures, or pertinent information regarding the age and ethnic discrimination that was used against this man in the denial of his license?  It's one thing to deny a license for some kind of violation but another to discriminate based on age or ethnicity.  Very sad that something like this is happening right here in Chicago.

I am well aware that Chris Ezzo has had prior attitude problems and a very poor reputation as far as getting along with the horsemen over the years, but threatening violence or physical harm is no way to handle a situation like this, especially when dealing with the elderly man, as was the case. 

Richie B., any information you can find out about this unfortunate act of severe discrimination against the elderly at the hands of the IRB would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 02:35:49 AM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 02:41:25 AM »

Don't worry TC- Steven has access to an excellent attorney with experience dealing with the IRB.
kellytuc
The one, the only, and the former - Kellytuc!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 06:37:51 AM »

You guys are not right here.  Chris is a good person.  There is probably other parts to this story that none of us know.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

You guys are not right here.  Chris is a good person.  There is probably other parts to this story that none of us know.

Kellytuc:

That was the point I was making when I asked Richard Breth if he could use some of his contacts at the IRB to find out the truth and facts with regard to this story.

You say that Chris Ezzo is a good person...Good for what?  Please elaborate so I can understand what she is good for.

I agree with you, there are probably other parts to the story that none of us know about but for Chris to threaten an elderly person with death or physical violence, well that is simply unacceptable. 

I am hopeful that Richard Breth will come on the forum sometime this weekend and give us the facts of this case directly from the IRB.  Maybe he can use his secret contacts downtown and give us a brief synopsis of what really happened.  Richard knows the right people and if he posts something regarding the IRB, you can take that information to the bank. 

Until then, all we can go by is what has been posted on BTW and it certainly questions Ms. Ezzo's character and compassion for the elderly.  There is no room for threats of violence or discriminatory slurs directed at elderly horsemen from representatives of the IRB.  Racing officials and staff are supposed to remain professional at all times, not just when they feel like it.  Ms. Ezzo needs to be reprimanded and punished as a result of her actions.     

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 11:56:31 AM »

Kellytuc:

That was the point I was making when I asked Richard Breth if he could use some of his contacts at the IRB to find out the truth and facts with regard to this story.

You say that Chris Ezzo is a good person...Good for what?  Please elaborate so I can understand what she is good for.

I agree with you, there are probably other parts to the story that none of us know about but for Chris to threaten an elderly person with death or physical violence, well that is simply unacceptable. 

I am hopeful that Richard Breth will come on the forum sometime this weekend and give us the facts of this case directly from the IRB.  Maybe he can use his secret contacts downtown and give us a brief synopsis of what really happened.  Richard knows the right people and if he posts something regarding the IRB, you can take that information to the bank. 

Until then, all we can go by is what has been posted on BTW and it certainly questions Ms. Ezzo's character and compassion for the elderly.  There is no room for threats of violence or discriminatory slurs directed at elderly horsemen from representatives of the IRB.  Racing officials and staff are supposed to remain professional at all times, not just when they feel like it.  Ms. Ezzo needs to be reprimanded and punished as a result of her actions.     

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe
        You may not hear from Richard because he might be doing his weekend jail time. I agree with what you said about Chris (miss stick up the butt) Ezzo that she should be suspended from her duties until an investigation is done.

If there are two sides to the story like kellytuc says then tell me why the elderly horseman is suspended and Ezzo remains on the job. If " miss stick up the butt " is just as much at fualt why does she remain on the job? I guess the answer is simple, the horseman are always wrong.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 12:27:51 PM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 01:58:32 PM »

Joe
        You may not hear from Richard because he might be doing his weekend jail time. I agree with what you said about Chris (miss stick up the butt) Ezzo that she should be suspended from her duties until an investigation is done.

If there are two sides to the story like kellytuc says then tell me why the elderly horseman is suspended and Ezzo remains on the job. If " miss stick up the butt " is just as much at fualt why does she remain on the job? I guess the answer is simple, the horseman are always wrong.

Dan:

Richard Breth says he does not serve jail time on the weekends; I have no reason to not believe that.  It is strange that he does not post much of the time on the weekends, though. 

The Chris Ezzo discriminatory remark that was thrown at the elderly man is terrible and something should be done.  Maybe Chris has an explanation as to why she threatened the old fellow but in any event, it is not necessary and should not happen.  This country should be past the point of racial slurs and discrimination.  A person's age or ethnic background should never be considered or used against them.  Chris violated that rule and I believe there should be repercussions.

Hopefully an outside investigation will happen and Ms. Ezzo will be punished accordingly.  This is very disturbing news that discrimination is taking place at the racetrack. 

I hope that old fellow is all right.  Very often, undue stress like Ezzo caused the poor old guy adds to other physical and emotional damage and that could spell trouble for the IRB. 

Dan, I was thinking that maybe because of the status of Chicago racing there is added pressure and stress on everyone. Maybe Chris Ezzo is feeling fatigued or suffering from some sort of crisis and did not intend to inflict the damage to the elderly man.  The high level of emotional stress people within the industry are experiencing these days in Chicago could in fact have something to do with Ezzo slurring the racist remark and threatening the elderly man.  Who knows, but I hope that it never happens again?  We don't need to accept racial slurs or discrimination in any facet of life, let alone  racetrack setting.  You might be on to something when you so often say that "people in Chicago are miserable."  Have a good day in sunny Vegas.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
Richard Breth

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 01:05:31 AM »

Maybe Richard Breth can tell us what happened in this case.

Know nothing of it. If story is what TC said some one caledd some one "vile old man". Thats horrible age discrimination? get a life.

TCs story is O.K. though he tells one sided storys many times. Wont make any judgement on this story unless thers more detail from relaiable sources. If theres no more details no judegment. Reality is dont care either way who called what name. Dumb bull shit your making bigger. Gossip for old ladys.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 02:25:03 AM »

Know nothing of it. If story is what TC said some one caledd some one "vile old man". Thats horrible age discrimination? get a life.

TCs story is O.K. though he tells one sided storys many times. Wont make any judgement on this story unless thers more detail from relaiable sources. If theres no more details no judegment. Reality is dont care either way who called what name. Dumb bull shit your making bigger. Gossip for old ladys.
[/quot

All lies!!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:20:59 AM by SUPERMAN » Report to moderator   Logged
clown town

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 02:37:46 AM »

NO COUPLE HAS EVER FLEECED, A STATE OR RACING COMMUNITY AS THE "MICKEY MOUSE" EZZO CREW HAS.
PART TIME STEWARDS/RACING OFFICALS/IHHA REP.!!!!!!!!!!
YOU LOSERS PAYED MICK TO SIDE WITH TRACK OWNERS AND TOTALLY HOSE YOU.
WHILE YOU ALL STARVE, HE LAUGHS HIS ASS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELL YOUR ASSOC. PAYED HIM MORE IN 1990 THAN THE TOP TRAINERS COULD POSSIBLY MAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tonymfan

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 09:36:10 AM »

Chris Ezzo and an old timer got into a shouting match in the hallowed halls of Crimoral.  She was ragging about Coggins paperwork and he said the horses has already left the grounds for turn out in FL.

Why was there a discussion about Coggins paperwork for horses that had "already left the grounds"? Coggins paperwork is supposed to be turned in before the horses ever come on the grounds.

Is it possible there is a little more "history" and context to this final shouting match than meets the eye in TC's report?
pursesaredropping

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 10:46:54 AM »

Good hopefully she goes down. Her personality sucks and what the hell does she have to offer to Harness Racing except walking around with a pissed off face on her 24/7.  Or trying to stir up trouble if she don't like you..   She was wrong to that man and I hope she gets sued.
Dan Nance

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

Good hopefully she goes down. Her personality sucks and what the hell does she have to offer to Harness Racing except walking around with a pissed off face on her 24/7.  Or trying to stir up trouble if she don't like you..   She was wrong to that man and I hope she gets sued.

In the meantime the poor oldman is suspended while Chris Ezzo is still on the job walking around the paddock with a " stick up her butt " like she always does. All this after she makes a anti-semitic remark to his face. I wonder what Paul Siegel would do if she made that remark to him in public?
tonymfan

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 11:49:44 AM »

In the meantime the poor oldman is suspended while Chris Ezzo is still on the job walking around the paddock with a " stick up her butt " like she always does. All this after she makes a anti-semitic remark to his face. I wonder what Paul Siegel would do if she made that remark to him in public?

TC's story said the anti-Semitic remark came from someone at the IRB when he called to complain. Are you saying Chris Ezzo also made one, Dan?

What was the official reason for the old man's suspension? Failure to file Coggins papers as required, maybe?
Dan Nance

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 12:03:47 PM »

TC's story said the anti-Semitic remark came from someone at the IRB when he called to complain. Are you saying Chris Ezzo also made one, Dan?

What was the official reason for the old man's suspension? Failure to file Coggins papers as required, maybe?

I'm 1890 miles away but you're there so I would seem to think you people would know more then me.

I doubt anyone at the IRB would call the man an anti-Semitic name over the phone when they don't even know the man. From what I hear it was Chris who called the man the name after words were going back and forth about some stupid coggins test. The horses weren't even racing and were on their way to Florida already but " miss stick up the butt " felt the need to give the oldman a hard time and threatend him with suspension.

Steven has alot of money and I think Chris is in for a big problem because of the threats and the anti-Semitic name she called him. 
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2006, 12:22:48 PM »

Tonymfan:

I think TC was referring to the anti-Semitic remark coming from an IRB employee, but am not 100% sure. 

I will tell you the story I heard and it’s probably an exaggerated one, but here goes.

I was told by a guy at Maywood that the guy was allowed to use his horses to fill the box with an expired coggins test as long as it benefited management but when they had enough horses, they told him he had to get a current coggins.  The old fellow is something like 78 or 79 years old and when he went to the track to ask questions, it got heated and a shouting match ensued.  During the exchange of words, Ms. Ezzo resorted to calling the man, and I quote, "a nasty old Jew" along with threatening him by saying, quote again, "Keep it up and I'll put a bullet in your sorry Jewish ass."  That is very wrong and uncalled for. Chris Ezzo should be held accountable for her actions and severely punished.

As you say, I'm sure there is more to this story than we are being told however, discriminatory racist remarks followed by violent threats of death cannot ever be tolerated. 

Sorry but I have to agree with Tc and Dan on this one, Chris Ezzo should be suspended pending an outside investigation.  I have a great deal of respect for our elderly and they simply cannot be discriminated against or treated in such an inconsiderate manner as such.  What Chris Ezzo did is against the law and she should have been placed under arrest. This country is prosecuting people like Ezzo because hate crime is no laughing matter any longer.

I don't know if Chris was having a bad day or maybe what Dan says could be right about Chicago people being very miserable.  Whatever the case, this was completely uncalled for and there should be repercussions to pay in relation to Ms. Ezzo for her actions on that night.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 12:25:11 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 12:45:36 PM »

Tonymfan:

I think TC was referring to the anti-Semitic remark coming from an IRB employee, but am not 100% sure. 

I will tell you the story I heard and it’s probably an exaggerated one, but here goes.

I was told by a guy at Maywood that the guy was allowed to use his horses to fill the box with an expired coggins test as long as it benefited management but when they had enough horses, they told him he had to get a current coggins.  The old fellow is something like 78 or 79 years old and when he went to the track to ask questions, it got heated and a shouting match ensued.  During the exchange of words, Ms. Ezzo resorted to calling the man, and I quote, "a nasty old Jew" along with threatening him by saying, quote again, "Keep it up and I'll put a bullet in your sorry Jewish ass."  That is very wrong and uncalled for. Chris Ezzo should be held accountable for her actions and severely punished.

As you say, I'm sure there is more to this story than we are being told however, discriminatory racist remarks followed by violent threats of death cannot ever be tolerated. 

Sorry but I have to agree with Tc and Dan on this one, Chris Ezzo should be suspended pending an outside investigation.  I have a great deal of respect for our elderly and they simply cannot be discriminated against or treated in such an inconsiderate manner as such.  What Chris Ezzo did is against the law and she should have been placed under arrest. This country is prosecuting people like Ezzo because hate crime is no laughing matter any longer.

I don't know if Chris was having a bad day or maybe what Dan says could be right about Chicago people being very miserable.  Whatever the case, this was completely uncalled for and there should be repercussions to pay in relation to Ms. Ezzo for her actions on that night.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

WOW!!!!!!!  Those were some pretty strong words and threats. How could she still be allowed to work after those words? No wonder why the police were called to Balmoral.

I wonder what the rest of the country feels about the nonsence that goes on in Chicago harness racing and what they think about IRB employees using that kind of talk when on the job and conducting business.

Man, I'm so glad I'm away from all the crap Joe, and I bet you feel the same way.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:09:41 PM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
njhorseman

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 01:53:11 PM »

I doubt anyone at the IRB would call the man an anti-Semitic name over the phone when they don't even know the man.  

Dan:

Don't doubt it. Let me tell you about an experience I had with the NJRC and NJ State Police when I applied for my first owners license.

I was at work, and received a phone call from a State Police  detective who was doing a background check on me for the New Jersey Racing Commission. (In those days they actually did a background check rather than automatically licensing anyone whose check doesn't bounce.) The detective asked me a number of rather routine questions about my employment history and places of residence, and ended the conversation by saying "All you Jews move here from New York and buy horses." I was so stunned, I couldn't respond...I guess I just said goodbye and hung up the phone.
Dan Nance

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006, 02:44:39 PM »

Dan:

Don't doubt it. Let me tell you about an experience I had with the NJRC and NJ State Police when I applied for my first owners license.

I was at work, and received a phone call from a State Police  detective who was doing a background check on me for the New Jersey Racing Commission. (In those days they actually did a background check rather than automatically licensing anyone whose check doesn't bounce.) The detective asked me a number of rather routine questions about my employment history and places of residence, and ended the conversation by saying "All you Jews move here from New York and buy horses." I was so stunned, I couldn't respond...I guess I just said goodbye and hung up the phone.

Now that was uncalled for. My best friend growing up was Jewish and I NEVER called him a Jew. I may kid around sometimes and razz people but I have nothing against anyone's heritage or their religion. 
LVd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2006, 03:39:21 PM »

In any other Business She would be suspended pending investigation. What a crock of shit that she is still on the job !!!!!
Mclock

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2006, 03:52:09 PM »

I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SITUATION BUT YOU GUYS ARE WORSE THEN A BUNCH OF OLD BAGS AT A SAT NIGHT BINGO GAME......I HAVE SEEN STEVE THO AND HE HAS A BIG MOUTH AND IS GOOFY AS HELL I'VE SEEN HIM CHEW OUT L. DAULTON AND ANOTHER TRAINER HE USES SO EVEN THO HE IS OLDER THAN DIRT HES IN GOOD SHAPE AND NOT SOME POOR OLD MAN....AND THIS ISN'T RUMOR I'VE SEEN THIS MISERABLE OLD FART IN ACTION AND HE IS NOT A VERY NICE PERSON......I'D SUGGEST IF YOU WERE NOT THERE TO MIND YOUR OWN BUSSINESS AND QUIT BUILDING THE RUMORS......GET A *** LIFE..
                                                         trotter

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
njhorseman

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2006, 04:16:43 PM »

I have nothing against anyone's heritage or their religion. 

Dan:
I always thought that's the way you are, but you did say a thing or two  here that got under my skin. I'm willing to set that aside and let bygones be bygones.

Let's not hear any crap from you goofs out there about Dan and I kissing and making up.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 04:18:42 PM by njhorseman » Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »

Dan:
I always thought that's the way you are, but you did say a thing or two  here that got under my skin. I'm willing to set that aside and let bygones be bygones.

Let's not hear any crap from you goofs out there about Dan and I kissing and making up.  Cheesy

You're right, Paul. I should have never made the comment. Dick Siegal and I always got along real good. I gave him all my business and it was was huge.

Getting back on topic. This Chris Ezzo anti-Semtiic name calling was uncalled for. She should lose her job over that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: