Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 20, 2014, 03:19:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pocono Downs 2010 Barn Area Rules Are Really Strange !!!!!!  (Read 1088 times)
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:18:24 AM »

I don't know how to get the rules posted here.
Go to the Mohegan Sun Website.

BUT PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE POST THEM HERE.

We need MUCH DISCUSSION on this issue.
I know their's big money here, but never seen anything like this !!!!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:25:27 AM by Homestretch » Report to moderator   Logged
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:31:37 AM »

Do you mean the way you have to pay for two months at a time?
Report to moderator   Logged
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:42:56 AM »

Do you mean the way you have to pay for two months at a time?

No. that's OK if we have to.
Seems like we will be paying per horse, not per stall.
If a horse gets claimed, you still pay for that month regardless.
If you rotate 6 horses between the farm and the track, you pay for 6 horses, and not 3 stalls.
etc. etc.

Anyone know of a track with similar rules ??
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:46:43 AM »

http://poconodowns.com/pdf/racing/stall_rent_2010.pdf

http://poconodowns.com/pdf/racing/stallApp_2010.pdf

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 12:48:38 AM »

Thanks,
We heve been told that it's really not going to be stall rent, but Horse rent !!!!!!!!
I know it does not say that, but that's what they intend to do.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »

You're correct on the claiming, but I think that's because you pay in advance and they don't pro-rate for new stalls.  If you rotate 6 horses but only have 3 at the track at any one time, you only have to pay for 3 stalls.  It's only if you need more than 3 that you would have to pay the full 2 months for any extras.
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:51:50 AM »

You're correct on the claiming, but I think that's because you pay in advance and they don't pro-rate for new stalls.  If you rotate 6 horses but only have 3 at the track at any one time, you only have to pay for 3 stalls.  It's only if you need more than 3 that you would have to pay the full 2 months for any extras.

That's the way I read it too.
But we've been told they will change that.
Just curious if any other tracks have similar rules.
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 12:53:18 AM »

I see on the stall application that #11 states that all horses 7 yrs old and up may be required to race in claiming races. I wonder if they mean because they have run out of conditions or they will just make you race in claimers.

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 12:56:55 AM »

I see on the stall application that #11 states that all horses 7 yrs old and up may be required to race in claiming races. I wonder if they mean because they have run out of conditions or they will just make you race in claimers.
HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 01:53:21 AM »

Their nonwinner $X races exclude horses who raced in high claimers and up last race.  So are they protecting the locals from shippers who are dropping?  If you want to bring in an older horse you have to give them a shot to claim him?
OldGreyMare

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 07:13:38 AM »

They had that rule last year and possibly previous years.  I noticed that one last year because I had a 6 year old that really belonged in claimers, but the owner was afraid of losing him so he raced in conditions all summer... a complete exercise in futility.  I started wishing he was 7.  lol   I have a gripe with the conditions that read:  Nonwinners $5000 last 5,  Stakes races excluded.  WTF?  So if a horse just won a $100,000 race, he could still fit the NW $5000 because that big race was a stakes race and those earnings didn't count! 
   I think they make that rule so the cheap conditions aren't clogged up with aged non-competitive horses... but it really isn't fair to the owners.

Check out my Facebook Page:  Flo Browne Horsemanship Training
OldGreyMare

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 07:29:30 AM »

Wow, this is really going to suck.  I have a horse right now on "attitude adjustment".  She'll be at the farm all February and then I figured 2-3 weeks at the track to make sure she's fixed, then she goes back to her regular trainer.  So, now I have to pay $250 to use a stall for 3 weeks. 
   Rule #9:   doh  Here we go with the claiming wars again.  So the little guy who's turned his horse out all winter pays $250 upfront, horse gets claimed and the new guy doesn't have to pay any stall rent?  That's total bullshit.

Suicide_Mare

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 08:37:20 AM »

I don't think those prices or rules are too bad considering what is happening 'round the country with many tracks wanting NO Stabling.  $125/mo per head but paid two-months at a time up front.  The stable application indicates up to 22 stalls per stable (good) and this allowance of up to 10 2 yr. olds is great. 

I wonder if you all will get Waiver's to sign before bringing horses on the grounds indicating that the Track is NOT responsible for back-side anything.
tankin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 08:41:50 AM »

i know im gonna get crushed for this one,but.i think there should be only claimers.after 4 or 5 yrs old or whatever,force evertything into claimers.races would be much better to bet on.
Suicide_Mare

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 08:43:43 AM »

You are correct ... Crushing may begin ---
OldGreyMare

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 08:51:16 AM »

Been thinking about this.  If someone wanted to be slick (!) they could wait to claim, pay no stall rent, race 2 months, drop down-let the horse get claimed, wait a week into the new cycle, then claim another and go another 2 months rent-free.  Don't think for one minute someone won't take advantage of this.  Or better yet, watch the crew figure out a way to flip horses around so somehow none of them pay stall rent.  And by crew I mean the usual suspects. 

Suicide_Mare

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 08:59:49 AM »

Been thinking about this.  If someone wanted to be slick (!) they could wait to claim, pay no stall rent, race 2 months, drop down-let the horse get claimed, wait a week into the new cycle, then claim another and go another 2 months rent-free.  Don't think for one minute someone won't take advantage of this.  Or better yet, watch the crew figure out a way to flip horses around so somehow none of them pay stall rent.  And by crew I mean the usual suspects. 

Too funny.  But after a claim the horse goes on the new owner's stable roster and they probably have to pay the $250 for the same horse but in their name.  Don't you think this is how the track will double-dip on stall rent?  That is if payment is per stall and not per horse.  I think those rules are meant to be confusing.
OldGreyMare

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 09:05:23 AM »

#9  Trainers losing horses in claiming races will not receive refunds and trainers claiming horses will not be charged for those stalls for the remainder of the billing cycle.

So, no, no double-dipping.... but don't give them any ideas!

OldGreyMare

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 09:09:25 AM »

They should just hire someone full-time (someone's niece or nephew must need a job, eh?) to go around EVERY day and count exactly how many horses each stable has.  That and do the math/bookkeeping.  This is going to be too funny watching the scrambling that will be going on.  Horses belonging to one trainer, being kept in another's stable because the stall is already paid for, etc.  omg, maybe I'll just stay on the farm, train riding horses, take paddocks, and leave the headaches/aggravation to others.

Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 09:37:31 AM »

i know im gonna get crushed for this one,but.i think there should be only claimers.after 4 or 5 yrs old or whatever,force evertything into claimers.races would be much better to bet on.

I would add this to your thought, I think a condition race should BE A CONDITION race....nw 5000L5 is NOT a condition, it's an excuse to NOT classify your horse.A condition race would be, in my estimation, NW25K, now those are condition horses.(NW's 1,2, or 3 arent what we're talking about here) When 15 claimers race for 15k, a person should have little trouble making 5k in 5 starts and so on.While I dont know how they can charge for horses you dont have, the Pocono situation for the nuts and bolts horsepeople is probably the best there is anywhere for value....meaning what stock vs. what they race for.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »

This has to be the funniest and most ridiculous topic ever posted on any forum

SHOWTIME!!!
OldGreyMare

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »

Thanks for your input.