Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 06:56:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who was the one voter that voted for Icon Project?  (Read 2578 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »

wow where's my foil from the ***.. he'd have a field day with your moronic statements

I guess I missed the part where it says your opinion, or anyone's, constitutes absolute truth.

Your statements about Z vs. Raven's Pass are nothing but OPINION, get it? If she's that good, why didn't she go in the Classic last year and beat him and Curlin and the rest? They were both/all at the same track on the same weekend.  chicken chicken chicken chicken is why.

And oh, by the way, Raven's Pass set a new track record in that race, running from near last to first and finishing in 1:59.27  Did Zenyatta ever set any kind of record anywhere EVER?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:45:50 PM by clockerterry » Report to moderator   Logged
ZENYATTA

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »

wow where's my foil from the ***.. he'd have a field day with your moronic statements

What would you expect from someone who will even lie to try and make a point ?
Report to moderator   Logged
Moni for free

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2010, 07:28:36 PM »

What would you expect from someone who will even lie to try and make a point ?
since when does Dan post about T-breds
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2010, 08:20:12 AM »

Raven's Pass came up a synthetic monster ... he would have kicked Z's ass from here to Sunday, just like he kicked the collective asses of last year's powerful Classic field. Z only won this year thanks to track bias.

He would have eh... lol. Just like the previous 14 races? Man, her unbeaten streak and perfection has you fuming! 112 synthetic beyer is the highest in history!

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2010, 08:30:59 AM »

I guess I missed the part where it says your opinion, or anyone's, constitutes absolute truth.

Your statements about Z vs. Raven's Pass are nothing but OPINION, get it? If she's that good, why didn't she go in the Classic last year and beat him and Curlin and the rest? They were both/all at the same track on the same weekend.  chicken chicken chicken chicken is why.

And oh, by the way, Raven's Pass set a new track record in that race, running from near last to first and finishing in 1:59.27  Did Zenyatta ever set any kind of record anywhere EVER?

lmao. You really have your foot in your mouth now! Why hasn't the  chicken chicken chicken shiat RA run in any Breeders Cups?Huh Also, Zenyatta has the Stakes records and freakish splits in all of her races:

In the Clement L. Hirsch (Gr 2) win at Del Mar on August 2, Zenyatta set a track record of 1:41.48 for 8.5 furlongs on the new polytrack. She then won the Lady's Secret Stakes (Gr 1) at Santa Anita and in that race ran each quarter faster than the one before. Her splits were :24 4/5, :23 4/5, :23 1/5, :22 3/5, and a final sixteenth in :06 flat!!! AMAZING!

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2010, 09:04:45 AM »

lmao. You really have your foot in your mouth now! Why hasn't the  chicken chicken chicken shiat RA run in any Breeders Cups?Huh Also, Zenyatta has the Stakes records and freakish splits in all of her races:

In the Clement L. Hirsch (Gr 2) win at Del Mar on August 2, Zenyatta set a track record of 1:41.48 for 8.5 furlongs on the new polytrack. She then won the Lady's Secret Stakes (Gr 1) at Santa Anita and in that race ran each quarter faster than the one before. Her splits were :24 4/5, :23 4/5, :23 1/5, :22 3/5, and a final sixteenth in :06 flat!!! AMAZING!

You give me one track record over a brand new surface you say she set, and then claim she has Stakes records in all her races? She sure didn't set any BC Stakes records. Not even close, this year or last.

Freakish splits? Yeah, you can run faster at the end when you dawdle through your first quarter in :24 4/5. That's what closers do. A Grade I horse running a :24 4/5? ROTFL!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2010, 09:11:43 AM »

He would have eh... lol. Just like the previous 14 races? Man, her unbeaten streak and perfection has you fuming! 112 synthetic beyer is the highest in history!

Raven's Pass ran a 110 the next day after Zenyatta ran a 103. If this year's Beyer measurements would have been in effect, RP's number would have been more like 114-116.

Raven's Pass set a new track record the day after Zenyatta wasn't even close to it.

Raven's Pass won his race exactly the same way Zenyatta won hers, the next day, over the same track, but someone claims his was solely due to bias?  screwy

The objective facts say that last year on BC Day Raven's Pass would have crushed Zenyatta.

LOL! The rightful vote of RA over Z this year has you guys grasping for straws and making wild claims of "what would have happened" to justify your own biased opinions.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:13:27 AM by clockerterry » Report to moderator   Logged
Moni for free

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »

Speak for yourself... I just call it like I see it... btw I wanted Rachel HOTY but hey don't let what I've posted several times pollute your facts...
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2010, 04:03:47 PM »

Speak for yourself... I just call it like I see it...

So the way you call it is that deep closer Zenyatta won fair and square over a perfectly fair track on Friday, but deep closer Raven's Pass only won because of a serious bias of some sort on Saturday? It was pretty much the same weather both days, as I recall, just a little temp difference. What happened to make it so biased one day later?

OR ... did Zenyatta only win last year because of a serious bias, too?

And besides, these phony tracks - I thought they were supposed to eliminate bias and big day to day swings.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:05:49 PM by clockerterry » Report to moderator   Logged
Moni for free

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2010, 02:15:55 AM »

dude, I don't give a crap what bias that synthetic track had last year Zenyatta was beating that field.. can you say the same for Raven's Pass
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »

Clockerferry, Zenyatta ONLY runs as fast as she has too. If you don't think that those splits I posted aren't freakish then you better talk to a REAL Clocker at the track pal. Maybe Big Al can enlighten us.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2010, 12:26:54 PM »

Clockerferry, Zenyatta ONLY runs as fast as she has too.

Yup, and that's exactly how Raven's Pass ran his Classic, too. I know this because he told me so personally, just like Z told you.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2010, 12:44:25 PM »

dude, I don't give a crap what bias that synthetic track had last year Zenyatta was beating that field.. can you say the same for Raven's Pass

Well, he did, so I guess so. The fact that it wasn't a powder puff field of nobodies like Zenyatta had made it a little harder for some people to see ahead of time is all.

By the way, what evidence do you have to back up your claim the track was biased on 10/25/08? Race 1 @ 1-1/2 was won by a close presser. Race 5 at 1-1/6 (Juvy) was wired. Race 10 was won by a presser. What WAS a bias that day is that much better Euro horses that normally run Euro style cleaned the American horses' clocks in most of the BC races.

And, by the way on Friday, when Z won her race? NO race won from anywhere near the front end.

But then, Sunday the 26th, poof! The track is right back to normal, when a horse with front end speed has as good a chance as any.

That was some selective "bias" there.
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2010, 05:24:05 PM »

Well, he did, so I guess so. The fact that it wasn't a powder puff field of nobodies like Zenyatta had made it a little harder for some people to see ahead of time is all.

By the way, what evidence do you have to back up your claim the track was biased on 10/25/08? Race 1 @ 1-1/2 was won by a close presser. Race 5 at 1-1/6 (Juvy) was wired. Race 10 was won by a presser. What WAS a bias that day is that much better Euro horses that normally run Euro style cleaned the American horses' clocks in most of the BC races.

And, by the way on Friday, when Z won her race? NO race won from anywhere near the front end.

But then, Sunday the 26th, poof! The track is right back to normal, when a horse with front end speed has as good a chance as any.

That was some selective "bias" there.

Wow. We are dealing with an idiot. Someone ring the bell. Have you ever heard of Track Bias? What were the time comparisons for each year? I bet 10K Claimers were running faster that day too. Man, No wonder you suck at pickin winners. You cannot even decifer track variance!

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2010, 05:33:21 PM »

Have you ever heard of Track Bias?

I can't speak for Terry, but considering that the entire post you quote was about nothing but track bias, or lack thereof, from day to day....my best guess would be a resounding, obvious, yes.
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2010, 08:12:29 PM »

Not sure what you mean by this as RA also got a 116 in a race. My point is, higher BSF's don't mean that the horse is better, especially for a closer who only runs as fast as they have to. By the way, Zenyattas 112 in the Classic is the highest route BSF ever recorded.
WRONG many 120's
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2010, 08:13:41 PM »

Again, I'll repeat it. ZENYATTAS 112 BSF IN THE CLASSIC IS THE HIGHEST ROUTE FIG ON SYNTHETIC EVER.
Yeah so what does that mean? Synthetic is new.
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2010, 12:09:55 AM »

Yeah so what does that mean? Synthetic is new.

OK pal, since 2007, Zenyatta has the highest Synthetic Route fig ever! Does that compute better for you? Do ya get it? Understand? lol.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2010, 12:31:11 AM »

Wow. We are dealing with an idiot. Someone ring the bell. Have you ever heard of Track Bias? What were the time comparisons for each year? I bet 10K Claimers were running faster that day too. Man, No wonder you suck at pickin winners. You cannot even decifer track variance!

Yes, I have heard of track bias. I say I see no evidence of it for the 2008 BC, and would like the poster to put up his evidence for it.

By the way genius, he said Raven's Pass won only because of track bias, not that he ran the stakes record time because of it, and oh, on top of that, track bias and track variant are totally different animals.  doh And oh, on top of that, the 110 Beyer he ran over the same track one day after Zenyatta ran her 103 ... those are adjusted with variants to get rid of day-to-day differences.  doh

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:38:38 AM by clockerterry » Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2010, 12:34:20 AM »

OK pal, since 2007, Zenyatta has the highest Synthetic Route fig ever! Does that compute better for you? Do ya get it? Understand? lol.

If she really does, it's partly because up until this year, 2009, all the Beyers on synthetic were a few ticks slower. The numbers before 2009 were not adjusted up.  What she actually has (if she really does), when it comes right down to it, is the fastest synthetic Beyer of 2009. BFD.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2010, 09:18:34 AM »

Should not be allowed to vote in the Eclipse Awards.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2010, 01:37:01 PM »

Yes, I have heard of track bias. I say I see no evidence of it for the 2008 BC, and would like the poster to put up his evidence for it.

From where I sat, SA appeared to be outside-closer biased both days of the '08 BC.
Horse Voice

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2010, 08:03:36 AM »

Whoa there! Before calling anyone an idiot, Steve, realize that you are talking about two different things as if they were the same:

Track Bias: a certain type of runner will excel over a biased track. Front-runners tend to do well over a "speed-biased" or a speed-favoring track. Closers dominate when the track is dull, deep, "cuppy", and front speed is tiring.

(A slight cousin to Track Bias is Path Bias: we've all heard of times when tracks have a "golden rail", and the jocks pick up on it pretty fast, too -- watch them kill each other to get to the rail first. Then there's Philthy Park, where inside runners go to die (i.e., stiff job), and wide gets beat by wider, who gets beat by widest.)

Track Variant: Track Variant takes into consideration all races run on a particular day under the same conditions of distance and track surface. The Speed Ratings of all winners in each type of race are added toget her and an average is computed. This average is deducted from the par of 100 and the difference is the Track Variant. (Example: if the average Speed Rating of winners sprinting on the main track is 86, the Track Variant is 14 (par of 100 minus 86). The lower the Track Variant, the faster the track, or the better the overall quality of competition that day. (Source: DRF)

Note that there is no fixed or implied correlation between Track Bias and Track Variant: a track that favors front-runners *might* be faster than a track that is favoring closers, but this is not always the case. Track Variant (or Variance, if you must) is a day-to-day comparison of how relatively fast the surface is playing; Track Bias is merely an observation of prevalent running style of the winners. Strikingly different things!

(Steve, this is the part where you take back that "idiot" epithet, and apologize. You blew this one, big time.)
mel4600

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »

From where I sat, SA appeared to be outside-closer biased both days of the '08 BC.

Where you sat was on your brains! laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: