Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 07:22:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who was the one voter that voted for Icon Project?  (Read 2534 times)
ZENYATTA

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »

Do you know what his BSF was in the Classic? Did he receive the highest BFS in Classic History. Andy Beyer adds 10 to every horse that runs on the East coast. That's an angle I use when handicapping.

You are right,Ghostzapper has the highest BSF in Classic history at 124.
Report to moderator   Logged
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »

Actually, it turns out that there wasn't one.

http://cristblog.drf.com/crist/2010/01/the-icon-project-vote.html
Moni for free

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 11:43:04 AM »

Do you know what his BSF was in the Classic? Did he receive the highest BFS in Classic History. Andy Beyer adds 10 to every horse that runs on the East coast. That's an angle I use when handicapping.
then you probably put way too much emphasis on speed figures..FACT, the cali tracks are faster than the tracks in the east... Gulfstreams newer surface is the exception to that rule..
Moni for free

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »

Actually, it turns out that there wasn't one.

http://cristblog.drf.com/crist/2010/01/the-icon-project-vote.html
no there was one, just the idiot didn't take his time... accidental or not, a no vote is a no vote.. just makes this particular editor look even more foolish IMO
mel4600

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »

then you probably put way too much emphasis on speed figures..FACT, the cali tracks are faster than the tracks in the east... Gulfstreams newer surface is the exception to that rule..

Are you not reading what I posted? I was responding to a question. BFS mean nothing when you have a nut like Andy Beyer throwing the numbers out with his bias. East coast Beyer figs are always bigger for the big horses.
Moni for free

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 12:39:18 PM »

Are you not reading what I posted? I was responding to a question. BFS mean nothing when you have a nut like Andy Beyer throwing the numbers out with his bias. East coast Beyer figs are always bigger for the big horses.
get over your bias theory.. East Coast figs are better because the tracks are slower.. FACT... another FACT, take Zenyatta to Turfway Park and run over their synthetic she goes 2:04 for the 1 1/4... not a knock on the horse, just the nature of the climate differences...
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 12:45:17 PM »

ECLIPSE AWARD VOTING TABULATION REVISED TO REFLECT UNANIMOUS VICTORY IN OLDER FEMALE CATEGORY FOR ZENYATTA

The three presenting organizations of the Eclipse Awards—the National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA), Daily Racing Form (DRF) and the National Turf Writers Association (NTWA)—announced today that voting in the 2009 Older Female category will be officially revised to correct an error made by one of the voters. The error caused Zenyatta to win the Older Female category by a count of 231-1, rather than by a unanimous, 232-0 margin. 

The voter in question, Duke Dosik of Daily Racing Form, assured Eclipse Awards officials that he fully intended to vote for Zenyatta in the Older Female category, but he inadvertently voted for Icon Project in the category while Zenyatta was not listed among his top three finalists.  Elsewhere on his ballot, Dosik had listed Zenyatta as his selection for Horse of the Year.

“There is no way I meant to do anything but put Zenyatta on top,” said Dosik.

The revised voting tabulation means that both Zenyatta and Rachel Alexandra (Champion Three-Year-Old Filly) won 2009 Eclipse Awards by unanimous, 232-0 vote counts.
mel4600

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 01:04:34 PM »

get over your bias theory.. East Coast figs are better because the tracks are slower.. FACT... another FACT, take Zenyatta to Turfway Park and run over their synthetic she goes 2:04 for the 1 1/4... not a knock on the horse, just the nature of the climate differences...

You handicap your way and I'll handicap my way. I'm not talking about times, I'm taking about "BEYER SPEED FIGURES".
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 01:32:55 PM »

The revised voting tabulation means that both Zenyatta and Rachel Alexandra (Champion Three-Year-Old Filly) won 2009 Eclipse Awards by unanimous, 232-0 vote counts.

Whew! Now Z is on par with Rachel in at least one thing.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »

Here's something interesting - last year, without correction, Raven's Pass got a 110 BSF in the Classic. This year with the adjustment, it would have been at least 114. Makes that 112 look pretty puny.

http://xpressbetglobal.net/columns.aspx?view=1065&author=XBToday
mel4600

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »

I find it amusing that no country is asking for Rachel to come run there!  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:13:46 AM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 04:45:41 PM »

I find it amusing that no county is asking for Rachel to come run there!  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Is there a major dirt race upcoming in another country that you would expect to be calling mid-January for her?

Off the top of my head, I'm coming up empty.
mel4600

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »

Is there a major dirt race upcoming in another country that you would expect to be calling mid-January for her?

Off the top of my head, I'm coming up empty.

BRIAN, ITS A JOKE!!!!!!  bowing
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 05:39:59 PM »

BRIAN, ITS A JOKE!!!!!!  bowing

Well you've set a pretty solid precendent for using the laughing guy picture when you're mocking people. You can hopefully understand my confusion. Perhaps you need to create a legend for which emoticon means what when you use it?

Something like:
 laughing guy: What a f-ing joke, you stupid prick
 beer: That post is OK in my book
 screwy: Shows how much *you* know about this game

Grin
mel4600

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 06:05:49 PM »

Well you've set a pretty solid precendent for using the laughing guy picture when you're mocking people. You can hopefully understand my confusion. Perhaps you need to create a legend for which emoticon means what when you use it?

Something like:
 laughing guy: What a f-ing joke, you stupid prick
 beer: That post is OK in my book
 screwy: Shows how much *you* know about this game

Grin

I'll do that.  sneaky
Moni for free

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »

Here's something interesting - last year, without correction, Raven's Pass got a 110 BSF in the Classic. This year with the adjustment, it would have been at least 114. Makes that 112 look pretty puny.

Zenyatta would piss all over Raven's Pass...
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »

Raven's Pass beat Curlin, and Curlin would piss all over Zenyatta, at least on dirt.
mel4600

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 07:59:11 PM »

Well said! Its nice to see someone with knowledge about talent here for a change! beer
Moni for free

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 08:22:02 PM »

Raven's Pass beat Curlin, and Curlin would piss all over Zenyatta, at least on dirt.
you don't know that, but I'd love to see it...
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 09:19:13 AM »

you don't know that, but I'd love to see it...

Of course I don't know that, just like you don't know what would happen in a race with Zenyatta and Raven's Pass, or anyone else knows what would happen in any race that's never been run or never will be run. But, as long as others feel they can make authoritative pronouncements about what would happen and who would beat who without ever seeing it in the flesh, so can I. It's all just opinion and hot air ... and that's the point I was originally trying to parody in response to some of Steve's simplistic claims.

Cigar would kick Zenyatta's ass. Secretariat would make her look like a little school girl. I say so.
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2010, 09:24:50 AM »

Cloclerferry. Wrong again. ALL OF THE FIGS WERE CHANGED! past and new rules for 2009. So, Ravens Pass would have had a 106.

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
Moni for free

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 01:05:42 PM »

Of course I don't know that, just like you don't know what would happen in a race with Zenyatta and Raven's Pass, or anyone else knows what would happen in any race that's never been run or never will be run. But, as long as others feel they can make authoritative pronouncements about what would happen and who would beat who without ever seeing it in the flesh, so can I. It's all just opinion and hot air ... and that's the point I was originally trying to parody in response to some of Steve's simplistic claims.

Cigar would kick Zenyatta's ass. Secretariat would make her look like a little school girl. I say so.
Raven's Pass was nothing more than an average Euro miler aided by a track bias... Z would have kicked his ass into next year..
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 05:06:30 PM »

Cloclerferry. Wrong again. ALL OF THE FIGS WERE CHANGED! past and new rules for 2009. So, Ravens Pass would have had a 106.

Chitownsteve. Wrong again. These words from Andy's own pen:

"We have recalculated every day of synthetic-track racing in 2009, producing new track variants."

http://www.drf.com/drfNewsArticle.do?NID=104272&subs=0&arc=1

And furthermore, here's a report from last year reporting the winning BSF at the BC: Zenyatta 103. This year in the pp's: Still 103. So grab a clue.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 05:16:09 PM by clockerterry » Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »

Raven's Pass was nothing more than an average Euro miler aided by a track bias... Z would have kicked his ass into next year..

Raven's Pass came up a synthetic monster ... he would have kicked Z's ass from here to Sunday, just like he kicked the collective asses of last year's powerful Classic field. Z only won this year thanks to track bias.
Moni for free

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »

wow where's my foil from the ***.. he'd have a field day with your moronic statements
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: