Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 10:23:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zenyatta Classic win voted NTRA moment of the year !  (Read 2458 times)
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »

Very interesting post I read in the DRF that I would like to share. I did not check its validity because no one contested him on the blog. Here it is;

The people have spoken:

Zenyatta leads in this second Bloodhorse poll 54% to 46%.

Zenyatta won an earlier poll by Bloodhorse by a similiar margin.

Zenyatta leads in the Albany Times-Union poll of New York 68 to 53.

Zenyatta leads in the Daily Racing Form poll by over 2300 votes!

Zenyatta leads in The Sporting News poll 53% to 47%.

The same goes for the CBSSports Poll, USA Today poll, Chicago Tribune poll and on and on.

Zenyatta leads in the Horseracinginsider poll 56% to 36%.

Zenyatta leads in the Thoroughbred Times poll from over 40 states and 29 countries 50% to 33%.

Zenyatta was voted the best female athlete by the Associated Press other than a human being by the sports editors for the nations' newspapers.

Zenyatta leads in the European poll (Jour de Galop) by 61% to 39%.

Zenyatta is the all time leader in Facebook followed by Sea The Stars, Seabiscuit, and Secretariat.

Zenyatta just beat Rachel Alexander in the NTRA "Moment of the Year" poll.

The people have spoken. The world has spoken. The betting public has spoken. People on this site has spoken.

But what will determine the "Horse of the Year" election - DRF, and the east coast biased NTRA and NTWA.

Posted by: The Public | Jan 14, 2010 at 9:14:18 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point for all the useless arguing over which horse is the greatest is over.  This will be decided on the track where it should be.  So it is time for the lawyering for both horses to end.
Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2010, 12:38:40 PM »

The point for all the useless arguing over which horse is the greatest is over.  This will be decided on the track where it should be.  So it is time for the lawyering for both horses to end.

Who is the better race horse will be settled on the track, however, popular opinion on HOTY is onesided and will be determined by a select few who will continue to bury the sport if Zenyatta does not get it. I'd rather have the race than the HOTY trophy, however, fans on the fence will see it as corrupt.
Moni for free

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2010, 01:50:13 PM »

Who is the better race horse will be settled on the track, however, popular opinion on HOTY is onesided and will be determined by a select few who will continue to bury the sport if Zenyatta does not get it. I'd rather have the race than the HOTY trophy, however, fans on the fence will see it as corrupt.
no.. YOU'LL see it as corrupt.. there is a case made for either horse.. ya know if Zenyatta left the state or beat boys more than once, there would be no arguement, but she didn't and she didn't.... that's why there's an arguement...
mel4600

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »

no.. YOU'LL see it as corrupt.. there is a case made for either horse.. ya know if Zenyatta left the state or beat boys more than once, there would be no arguement, but she didn't and she didn't.... that's why there's an arguement...

It reminds me of the presidential election in Iran! lol

MOST people see it as corrupt...the cases are made by the corrupt. If Rachel showed up and ran 2nd in any BC race there would be no argument...you just don't cold shoulder the Classic races.
Moni for free

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »

It reminds me of the presidential election in Iran! lol

MOST people see it as corrupt...the cases are made by the corrupt. If Rachel showed up and ran 2nd in any BC race there would be no argument...you just don't cold shoulder the Classic races.
look the fact that the Breeder's Cup was held at Santa Anita 2 straight years was complete BS... Zenyatta won one huge race.. Rachel did her thing over the entire year... the vote is simple... are you a fan of 1 win in the biggest race or a fan of several wins in several big races.... you don't seem tp understand that both camps have merit....
mel4600

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2010, 02:26:27 PM »

look the fact that the Breeder's Cup was held at Santa Anita 2 straight years was complete BS... Zenyatta won one huge race.. Rachel did her thing over the entire year... the vote is simple... are you a fan of 1 win in the biggest race or a fan of several wins in several big races.... you don't seem tp understand that both camps have merit....

I am a fan of quality horses, not quantity. That's why Rachel made more money with 3 less races.  Wink
Moni for free

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2010, 04:32:13 PM »

the award is horse of the YEAR, not horse of the moment.. Rachel did more... went more places and did things no 3 year old filly has EVER done before.  Zenyatta never left California.  If Zenyatta had won the Ladies Classic again would you be making an arguement?  I doubt it.  Zenyatta only has 1 win that puts her in this debate.  Yes, it was the biggest win, but it's just one...
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »

I think that makes her have a better chance of winning Horse of the Year.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: