Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 09:36:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zenyatta Classic win voted NTRA moment of the year !  (Read 2370 times)
ZENYATTA

« on: January 14, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »

Voters found Zenyatta's Classic win nearly 7 times more impressive than RA'S Woodward win and more impressive than any other of RA'S wins.This comes after THE WORLD TB RANKINGS ranked Zenytta also ahead of RA.

The only thing left is the celebration after winning HOY next Monday night.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/54812/zenyatta-wins-ntra-moment-of-the-year
Report to moderator   Logged
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »

laughing guy Moment of the year yes. But RA still gets my HOY vote based on the whole years accomplishments. Monday I will toast Rachel Alexandra with a Brandy Alexander ( Cheers )
AreWeHavingFunYet?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 05:35:08 PM »

laughing guy Moment of the year yes. But RA still gets my HOY vote based on the whole years accomplishments. Monday I will toast Rachel Alexandra with a Brandy Alexander ( Cheers )

i agree.....RA gets my vote as well.....she just did MORE....at many different tracks in all kinds of condiions.......but you know how much pull the BC has......i still say...if Zenyatta doesn't get out and get her usual outside path....the classic is won by a grass horse again.......
ZENYATTA

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »

i agree.....RA gets my vote as well.....she just did MORE....at many different tracks in all kinds of condiions.......but you know how much pull the BC has......i still say...if Zenyatta doesn't get out and get her usual outside path....the classic is won by a grass horse again.......

Sometimes it takes some people a little bit longer to see perfection in the right light.RA'S campaign was a good one against virtually the worst crop of 3yos in the last decade.Winning the Grey Cup does not quite equate to winning The Super Bowl.Zenyatta to remain undefeated lifetime over the course of 2 years is among the greatest careers ever.
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »

Zenyatta is truly a great Champion. Undefeated with 14 wins and 2 of those in 2 different Breeders Cup Races. RA has Zero. I hope RA wins because if she does the rumor has Zenyatta coming back for her 6YO season. If these 2 ever hooked up, I'd really hammer the Zen Master at the window! I may even get even money too!

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
Moni for free

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 07:24:32 PM »

see the thing is.. bringing Zenyatta back at age 6, what do you lose? one foal? BFD... I want to see these 2 duke it out on the track... in the Apple Blossom, I truly believe Zenyatta would be up against it vs. Rachel.. 1 1/16th in a 4 or 5 horse field... go to a race like the Personal Ensign and we have a much more fair fight..... You can bet Zenyatta at even sticks whenever and wherever you want when these 2 meet, I'll politely watch and enjoy....
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 07:29:01 PM »

I preferred the Preakness to the plastic.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 08:45:55 PM »

Voters found Zenyatta's Classic win nearly 7 times more impressive than RA'S Woodward win and more impressive than any other of RA'S wins.This comes after THE WORLD TB RANKINGS ranked Zenytta also ahead of RA.

The only thing left is the celebration after winning HOY next Monday night.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/54812/zenyatta-wins-ntra-moment-of-the-year

Of course it was the moment of the year...since virtually everyone agrees on that. Even Rachel backers...pretty much every single one I've read has conceded the most impressive performance of the year to Z. So people who deep down know that Rachel's campaign was better this year would still have voted for this moment as the "moment of the year," myself included as I've given that point numerous times.

However, your "7 times more impressive than RA'S Woodward win and more impressive than any other of RA'S wins" comment is wildly disingenuous (which I'm sure you knew already, since intellectual honesty has not proven your strongest point).

More popular does not equate in a linear way with more impressive. While Z's Classic was certainly the most impressive, voting on moment of the year has no real correlation with any multiplier of how impressive a race was.

So while the post is chock full of intellectual dishonesty, I am a bit pleased, since it created the perfect time for me to bust out my Rachel vs. Zenyatta trump card that I've been saving for this very moment -- the moment when all logic had been suspended and we could just make claims based on whatever we want without thinking them through.

Rachel's combined Beyer figures for the year were 341 points better then Zenyatta's. It is clear -- painfully obvious -- that this means that Rachel had a campaign that was 341 times more impressive than Zenyatta's this year, that she is 341 times faster and more talented, and that she will have 341 more Grade I-winning foals as a broodmare than Zenyatta will!!!!!!!!

That should seal the deal, with logic you can understand. Glad to have you on my side now, ZENYATTA.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:49:01 PM by brianwspencer » Report to moderator   Logged
ZENYATTA

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 10:24:36 PM »

Of course it was the moment of the year...since virtually everyone agrees on that. Even Rachel backers...pretty much every single one I've read has conceded the most impressive performance of the year to Z. So people who deep down know that Rachel's campaign was better this year would still have voted for this moment as the "moment of the year," myself included as I've given that point numerous times.

However, your "7 times more impressive than RA'S Woodward win and more impressive than any other of RA'S wins" comment is wildly disingenuous (which I'm sure you knew already, since intellectual honesty has not proven your strongest point).

More popular does not equate in a linear way with more impressive. While Z's Classic was certainly the most impressive, voting on moment of the year has no real correlation with any multiplier of how impressive a race was.

So while the post is chock full of intellectual dishonesty, I am a bit pleased, since it created the perfect time for me to bust out my Rachel vs. Zenyatta trump card that I've been saving for this very moment -- the moment when all logic had been suspended and we could just make claims based on whatever we want without thinking them through.

Rachel's combined Beyer figures for the year were 341 points better then Zenyatta's. It is clear -- painfully obvious -- that this means that Rachel had a campaign that was 341 times more impressive than Zenyatta's this year, that she is 341 times faster and more talented, and that she will have 341 more Grade I-winning foals as a broodmare than Zenyatta will!!!!!!!!

That should seal the deal, with logic you can understand. Glad to have you on my side now, ZENYATTA.

Feel free to attack me anyone want with with all the wild jabs and wild punches you want.Yes, your Beyer facts are very impressive and cannot be argued.The REAL difference here is that is your feelings about the Beyers and my original post quoted was how voters voted in a certain poll.I did not vote or particpate in the poll in anyway and have not stated what I thought was  MY MOMENT HORSE RACING MOMENT of the year.

Apparently you have math skills so you either did not read or cannot read the article,so it is you who is showing a lack of INTELLECTUAL HONESTY here.
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 10:40:25 PM »

it was a classic....too bad Trevor denman acted stupid and surprised by repeating zenyatta is dead last a couple of times,,gee isn,t that her race pattern,dead last first 14 races,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hey where,s horse voice, thought for sure he would be all over this subject about giving zenyatta a award....guess he lost usage of his company computer since Hawthorne is down until next month,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, screw u
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 10:42:22 PM by servicetech » Report to moderator   Logged
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 10:54:17 PM »

Feel free to attack me anyone want with with all the wild jabs and wild punches you want.Yes, your Beyer facts are very impressive and cannot be argued.The REAL difference here is that is your feelings about the Beyers and my original post quoted was how voters voted in a certain poll.I did not vote or particpate in the poll in anyway and have not stated what I thought was  MY MOMENT HORSE RACING MOMENT of the year.

Apparently you have math skills so you either did not read or cannot read the article,so it is you who is showing a lack of INTELLECTUAL HONESTY here.

Eh, not so much. You don't really get what intellectual honesty is, clearly.

However, you claimed that the article and the poll indicated that:

Voters found Zenyatta's Classic win nearly 7 times more impressive than RA'S Woodward win

Which is distinctly, unequivocally, irrefutably, not at all what the article said in any way. That was your editorializing about the moment of the year voting, and that is what I commented on. The voting for moment of the year says nothing about any performance being "7 times more impressive" than another, that was you poor analysis of what voting means, which it, in fact does not. It means that x times the number of people thought that Zenyatta's race was the moment of the year, not anything at all to do with some attempted linear comparison you made about that indicating that said race was "7 times more impressive" than any of Rachel's.

You read the outcome of the poll correctly. You analyzed what that meant terribly. That's not a wild jab. Being intellectually honest is pretty easy -- you approach something in good faith and don't twist things to mean something they don't, is the basic premise of it. You have yet to prove capable of performing that basic debate duty without resorting to logical fallacies. That's not a wild jab, or even an attack -- that's a pretty basic, elementary job of calling you out on the way you twist words and numbers to try to make them prove a point you want them to...even when they don't.

I iz gud reeder and analysist!!!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 10:56:24 PM by brianwspencer » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 12:00:01 AM »

...if Zenyatta doesn't get out and get her usual outside path....the classic is won by a grass horse again.......

...If Rachel ran in the Classic...she gets buried!
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 12:09:55 AM »

...If Rachel ran in the Classic...she gets buried!

beer

No doubt.
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 08:18:22 AM »

laughing guy if,  ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would have a merry Christmas.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 08:59:52 AM »

Eh, not so much. You don't really get what intellectual honesty is, clearly.

However, you claimed that the article and the poll indicated that:

Which is distinctly, unequivocally, irrefutably, not at all what the article said in any way. That was your editorializing about the moment of the year voting, and that is what I commented on. The voting for moment of the year says nothing about any performance being "7 times more impressive" than another, that was you poor analysis of what voting means, which it, in fact does not. It means that x times the number of people thought that Zenyatta's race was the moment of the year, not anything at all to do with some attempted linear comparison you made about that indicating that said race was "7 times more impressive" than any of Rachel's.

You read the outcome of the poll correctly. You analyzed what that meant terribly. That's not a wild jab. Being intellectually honest is pretty easy -- you approach something in good faith and don't twist things to mean something they don't, is the basic premise of it. You have yet to prove capable of performing that basic debate duty without resorting to logical fallacies. That's not a wild jab, or even an attack -- that's a pretty basic, elementary job of calling you out on the way you twist words and numbers to try to make them prove a point you want them to...even when they don't.

I iz gud reeder and analysist!!!!

You are correct I worded it the wrong way.I made an honest mistake in the way I interpeted it.

Voters voted nearly 7 times in favor of Zenyatta's BC Classic win vs RA'S highest  win in THE NTRA RACING MOMENT of the year poll.
mel4600

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 09:41:15 AM »

laughing guy if,  ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would have a merry Christmas.

Exactly my point! lol
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 10:13:26 AM »

RA would have gotten buried, that's why the connections didn't go there. If it was on dirt, same thing. She cannot go 1 1/4 against top world class horses.

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 11:53:39 AM »

You are correct I worded it the wrong way.I made an honest mistake in the way I interpeted it.

Voters voted nearly 7 times in favor of Zenyatta's BC Classic win vs RA'S highest  win in THE NTRA RACING MOMENT of the year poll.

That's all I'm saying. And it's completely true, since even most Rachel fans/backers agree.
SandyLoam

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 12:17:15 PM »

Let's remember that a lot of these arguments are more about the horses' connections than the horses themselves. The animals did what they were asked to do. Let's also remember that Zenyatta's connections' two most important goals were to keep her undefeated and win Horse of the Year. Rachel's connections RACED her. DRF provided the 2009 PPs of all the Eclipse candidates. Rachel Alexandra's lines just jump out at you. Including her opponents.
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 12:34:39 PM »

Including her opponents?Huh lmao. Weakest group of horse I've ever seen!

SandyLoam

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »

I meant Rachel faced better.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »

You'll never convince these goofs who think four plastic wins over lousy mares and a plastic win over a bunch of grass and dirt horses is greater than all that Rachel accomplished this year including THREE wins over the boys.
If Zenyatta is so great, why doesn't she go for Peppers Pride's record and dare race against Rachel??
SandyLoam

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 01:07:32 PM »

Right on, Earl Sande. And let's not forget the fact Rachel was three years old. Would have loved to see how Zenyatta might have handled the Monmouth or Saratoga configurations.
mel4600

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 02:18:49 PM »

Name me the best 5 horses Rachel beat in your opinion.
mel4600

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »

Right on, Earl Sande.

LOL...Guys like Earl buried Fairmount into the ground, and you believe him?  laughing guy
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: