Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 07:15:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zenyatta 2nd to Serena in voting for AP Female athlete of the year ...  (Read 636 times)
ZENYATTA

« on: December 22, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »

Zenyatta finished 2nd in the balloting to Serena Williams for 2009 Female Athlete of the year.Rachel Alexandra finished 7th.I wonder if any of the AP voters are also turf writers ?
Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 06:24:55 PM »

I wonder if any of the AP voters are also turf writers ?

Probably far fewer than you hope. Being a racing journalist is something the few that remain embrace -- but that puts most of them outside the mainsteam, reporting wise.

When it comes to horse racing, the AP voters are pretty much like the public that stops in twice a year to view horse racing; they also saw "something shiny" on BC day, but barely covered (or cared about) horse racing the rest of the year.

That's why it's so important that the people that cover racing day in and out -- the dedicated turf writers -- have a vote for the Eclipse...and not your everyday casual fan or general sports scribe.

I wouldn't worry, though, dearie -- I think you are a CINCH for Champion Older Mare.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:43:37 PM by Horse Voice » Report to moderator   Logged
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 06:44:53 PM »

Well, at least her folks get a chance to get used to what coming in 2nd feels like. I'm sure the lesson will come in handy again next month.
General Powell

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:25:15 PM »

Well, at least her folks get a chance to get used to what coming in 2nd feels like. I'm sure the lesson will come in handy again next month.
thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »

Went on your site and saw your picks - you better shut the site down! lol. Your picks are terrible man. I'd pay Commander for his picks, not yours. I saw a 5 star play finish 25 lengths out!

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 11:10:17 PM »

thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down

Ditto.  And Zenyatta doesn't act up with her mouth either. She's much more of a lady.

They ought to take another vote.
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 11:21:32 PM »

Ditto.  And Zenyatta doesn't act up with her mouth either. She's much more of a lady.

I know. It's a shame that these RA turf writer supporters are so negative and are able to spew this hate. They sound like bloggers from move-on.org

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 08:30:09 AM »

Went on your site and saw your picks - you better shut the site down! lol. Your picks are terrible man. I'd pay Commander for his picks, not yours. I saw a 5 star play finish 25 lengths out!

You're confusing picks and watch horses. Early in a meet it's a bit more difficult, as I'm sure you would understand if you play regularly.

I see nothing in your posting history about my $4,000 cold pick-4 for a buck from earlier this year or my 8-for-10 streak at Churchill during their fall meet when my ROI was somewhere around $10.00, which was also on this site that needs to be urgently shut down. You don't have to hit every bet to stay up for the year -- just the right ones. Plenty of people were happy with those. Grin

Selective memory, I suppose. That's what putting your watch horses out there does to you. It's much easier to lose your money and fail at bets when nobody's watching. It happens. I can take it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 08:32:37 AM by brianwspencer » Report to moderator   Logged
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 08:31:12 AM »

Ditto.  And Zenyatta doesn't act up with her mouth either. She's much more of a lady.

Oh come on, relax. I suppose I shouldn't expect otherwise since I know few members of this board personally, but if that doesn't come off as a silly joke when you're reading it -- you're reading it wrong.

(Pam, I'm editing this again because I re-read it and when I say "you're reading it wrong," and "I shouldn't expect otherwise," I don't mean that in a mean way like it's your fault. I should say it probably didn't sound the same way in my head when I wrote it as it does in yours when you read it. That's not your fault, but mine, because I'm writing like I would talk, forgetting yet again that a dry way I'd say that in person to someone like Chrissy doesn't translate in written words. And given my stance on HOY, I can assume that pretty much anything I say about Zenyatta, even if I completely mean it as a joke, will not be taken as such, and will be taken as a disrespectful dig. I didn't think about that ahead of time, so I apologize to *you* for that, and for the way my original response sounded -- certainly not my intention.)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:41:20 AM by brianwspencer » Report to moderator   Logged
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 10:09:26 AM »

You're confusing picks and watch horses. Early in a meet it's a bit more difficult, as I'm sure you would understand if you play regularly.

I see nothing in your posting history about my $4,000 cold pick-4 for a buck from earlier this year or my 8-for-10 streak at Churchill during their fall meet when my ROI was somewhere around $10.00, which was also on this site that needs to be urgently shut down. You don't have to hit every bet to stay up for the year -- just the right ones. Plenty of people were happy with those. Grin

Selective memory, I suppose. That's what putting your watch horses out there does to you. It's much easier to lose your money and fail at bets when nobody's watching. It happens. I can take it.

Tooting your horn? one Pick-4? I hit four P-4's in one month before. I've also hit pick sixes. I have the W-2G Forms to prove it. When we have contests on here, your name is nowhere to be found. 

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 10:27:34 AM »

Tooting your horn? one Pick-4? I hit four P-4's in one month before. I've also hit pick sixes. I have the W-2G Forms to prove it. When we have contests on here, your name is nowhere to be found.  

Steve, I'm not going to argue with you about this if you're not going to do it honestly.

I'm not "tooting my horn" for hitting a pick-4. I'm saying that if you're so busy grinding your teeth trying to rip me to pieces, at least give me the credit, not for hitting a pick-4, since that's a fairly common occurrence, but for cold-cocking the damn thing with public picks including a 30-1 on top. While I won't hold my breath on your response, I'd love to see you come back and tell me that happens all the time. From the responses I got when it happened, you would be among the few who felt that way. Just as I would never denigrate the fact that you have hit "four pick-4s in a month" or "hit pick-6s" (which is great by the way, regardless of how much you spent on them, or how I feel about the way you talk to me), I'd hope you'd have it in you to realize that hitting a $4,000 pick-4 on a $1 bet is not quite the same thing as "hitting a pick-4," on the face. You're intentionally twisting what I said to try to tear it down - again, nothing new.

I don't need pats on the back. But if you're going to give it out, at least do it fairly.

And my apologies to you, of the most sincere sort, for not having taken the initiative to enter B2W handicapping contests. I will take a more proactive approach in the future so that if I do beat you, I can get a "well anyone can have a good day, your five star horse in December ran 6th LOL" and if you do beat me I can get a "see, you're terrible and I am better than you." It's a win-win for you. Looking forward to it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: