Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 02:14:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANSWER TO T C  (Read 920 times)
race track phil

« on: November 03, 2005, 03:47:59 PM »

T C .         you hit it on the nail . I do have family obligations . lets understand something I love harness racing . but the here in illinois the pools are small and they dont have a pik 6 to take a shot at . the pik 4 pools are small also which is my favorite bet . and at my stage of life I enjoy the challenge of winning a big bet . believe me when I tell you I miss betting chicago racing , but I do wager once in awhile . I have a very good friend in vegas who always ask me to move out there . and maybe in the years to come I may move there . my children leave in phoenix and I have 4 grandchildren there . so living in phoenix or vegas is probably where I will play my last race ! but leaving my lifelong friends will be pretty hard to do . you have to understand I do love chicago ! when your forced as a young man to leave your home to go to war , you never forget how much you love your home . thats why I probably talk too much about the good old days in racing ! because things have changed and sometimes change is no good ! good luck gambling
                                            RTP
Report to moderator   Logged
TC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 04:38:16 PM »

I agree with most of your sentiment RTP.  I never fought for my country, but I (used to) love Chicago with all my heart.  This town afforded me a comfortable living, a clean city (from a garbage and graffitti-type standpoint), etc.  Now, that all has changed.  You have to beg for every last amenity here now, and the fabric of the traditional neighborhoods have changed for the worse. I will make the move to Las Vegas sson, because it's one of the few places left (not in cyberspace) that treat you with respect anymore.  Out there, there are 100 Ken Kiehn types (not any better) who know how to treat the players nicely.  Balmoral's G.M. has a nickname, "Casper", because he's a ghost rarely seen.It would smart to leave my lifelong home (except for college), but I have to do what's best for myself one of these days.  Thanks for the reply.  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 04:51:28 PM »

I agree with most of your sentiment RTP.  I never fought for my country, but I (used to) love Chicago with all my heart.  This town afforded me a comfortable living, a clean city (from a garbage and graffitti-type standpoint), etc.  Now, that all has changed.  You have to beg for every last amenity here now, and the fabric of the traditional neighborhoods have changed for the worse. I will make the move to Las Vegas sson, because it's one of the few places left (not in cyberspace) that treat you with respect anymore.  Out there, there are 100 Ken Kiehn types (not any better) who know how to treat the players nicely.  Balmoral's G.M. has a nickname, "Casper", because he's a ghost rarely seen.It would smart to leave my lifelong home (except for college), but I have to do what's best for myself one of these days.  Thanks for the reply.  TC

You're a smart man TC. Chicago is not what it once was and going downhill fast. Chicago breeds the most jealous and cheap people in the country.

I haven't been back to Chicago since I moved in 99. My advice to RTP is that if you miss your friends and family tell them to visit you in Vegas. Or bring them along for a better life. PERIOD !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: