Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 08:12:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PROTEIN AND PEPTIDE-BASED DRUGS  (Read 1640 times)
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »

New York has announced out of competition testing for blood doping agents and protein and peptide-based drugs.  What the heck are protein and peptide based drugs? Give me an example. 
Report to moderator   Logged

Happiness is consiously chosen and hard-won!
dempster

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:22:35 AM »

EPO/DPO are protein/peptide based drugs. This is probably just coverall wording for any unexpected designer drugs as well.
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »

EPO/DPO are protein/peptide based drugs. This is probably just coverall wording for any unexpected designer drugs as well.
I know one internet supplier is offering a peptide blood builder and I just don't understand it.  Is this a scam or is it similar to EPO/DPO?  I certainly don't want involved if it is similar to them.

Happiness is consiously chosen and hard-won!
speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 04:00:28 PM »

From what I have been told and read you can't test for a Peptide unless you have the complete formula.  I'm sure the racing commissions have the formula for Aranesp / EPO / DPO  Anything else will be OK. 
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 12:13:45 AM »

I wouldn't say it was OK.  They might not know exactly what you are using, but they can see that you are using something that shouldn't be there, and possibly even narrow it further.
speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »

They can't just "narrow" things.  This isn't CSI Miami.  There is no such thing as a cloudy test as some people say.  It's either positive or negative. 
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »

They can't just "narrow" things.  This isn't CSI Miami.  There is no such thing as a cloudy test as some people say.  It's either positive or negative. 

They are using outside labs that use mass spec against a digital database of known and unknown profiles.  Nobody outside the labs know what tests are being run or when those tests change to more sensitive ones.
speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »

If they have no idea what there looking for then how are they going to narrow it down?  I'm not trying to be argumentative but there is no possible way a horse racing commission is going to "narrow down" anything.  The IOC couldn't figure out what was in Marion Jones for years.  Only after a rogue coach gave them a sample of what she was using were they able to find out what it was.  Unless someone walks into the commission with a peptide and has some idea of the chain there is no way they can take a blood sample and figure it out.  Just not possible.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 04:19:42 PM »

If they have no idea what there looking for then how are they going to narrow it down?

Unannounced inspection.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: