Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 12:00:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I was shocked  (Read 761 times)
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2006, 09:48:13 PM »

Even though I grew up in Palatine and my first job ever was at Arlington in the summers from 1965 thru 1968(when I enlisted in the Army), I rarely venture northwest of the I290/I294 intersection except when my horses race at Arlington. On those days I go straight there-watch my race-and jump in my car to head home before rush hour starts. I had a business meeting out that way today, and thought I'd stop in Trackside to see what the hooplah on this site is all about.

It's a very nice clean facility, but what really shocked me was who I saw there. As I was walking through the building I saw Scott McMannis sitting there. What a surprise! I stopped to say hi and shake his hand, and he offered me a seat at his table. We talked for several minutes. I asked Scott why he wasn't at Hawthorne and he reminded me that the Handicapping Center is now closed on Mondays and Tuesdays(which I think was a bad move when I heard it), and that Trackside is alot closer to his home.

There were several other people who I recognized from Hawthone. I suppose now that they are closing the draw areas of Hawthorne-that less and less people will be willing to make the trip to Stickney. Go figure...

In other news. Did anyone hear about the murder last night at the yellow house(the bar on Laramie) thats across from Hawthorne?

Report to moderator   Logged
edwarren

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 10:12:28 PM »

No. Who got killed.
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 10:24:26 PM »

Good to see you again. While I plan to go to Hawthorne on the weekends (when the center is open) I have decided to make Trackside my home away from home on the weekdays.

Sorry you couldn't stay any longer last Friday. Would have like to had a longer chat. Maybe I will have done more baking next time.

BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 10:35:02 PM »

Laura jean. I did have a cookie though.LOL. It was delicious!

Edwarren. I don't know. That's why I was asking. I heard about it today. A fight started inside the bar-ended outside where one guy had a gun. At least that's the story I heard..
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 12:28:08 AM »

Is That Perez old place?? If it is I recon he got out at the right time....
Is The Corner House still around?? They used to have GREAT Burgers Reavis and Diaz used 2 go there often..

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 12:34:35 AM »

Yes to both Exbourne. It was Eddie's old "After The Races" bar where I heard the murder occured.

Also, Moose's is still there, but under new owners/management, but still the same good food. I LOVE their chili.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 12:59:10 AM »

Yes to both Exbourne. It was Eddie's old "After The Races" bar where I heard the murder occured.

Also, Moose's is still there, but under new owners/management, but still the same good food. I LOVE their chili.

The Moose joint has a new name. Something along the lines of Pony's Place. When it changed hands they started serving weekend breakfasts, too. Not that bad, nothing special.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: