Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 12:42:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: omeprazole  (Read 7584 times)
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »

Anyone know where you can get compounded omeprazole inexpensively without a script?
Report to moderator   Logged

Happiness is consiously chosen and hard-won!
casandra1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 02:43:41 PM »

I thought Henry Lester carries it. But you can get the real stuff off ebay for 29 a tube
casandra1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 02:45:04 PM »

724-916-4507. call harry bush. he is the father of steve bush the trainer at meadows. he has the best stuff better than ulcerguard, and the bnest leg paint. i have ordered from him all year and it is by far superior product. he will take care of you
speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 08:22:13 PM »

Has anyone tried the omeprazole paste made by Nature Vet?  I see they have it on horsemedsonline but I have not bitten the bullet and bought it yet.  Let us know if someone has ordered and tried please.
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 08:42:44 PM »

At $30.00 per day, that sounds like a pretty expensive tratment.

brenastabl

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 12:18:59 AM »

Anyone know where you can get compounded omeprazole inexpensively without a script?
try this instead:
Beneficial May be Beneficial: Depletion or interference—The medication may deplete or interfere with the absorption or function of the nutrient. Taking these nutrients may help replenish them.    

Folic acid

Vitamin B12*
Beneficial May be Beneficial: Side effect reduction/prevention—Taking these supplements may help reduce the likelihood and/or severity of a potential side effect caused by the medication.    

Cranberry*
Supportive interaction    

None known
Reduced drug absorption/bioavailability    

None known
Adverse interaction    

None known

An asterisk (*) next to an item in the summary indicates that the interaction is supported only by weak, fragmentary, and/or contradictory scientific evidence.
Omeprazole Interactions with Dietary Supplements

Folic acid
Folic acid is needed by the body to utilize vitamin B12. Antacids, including omeprazole, inhibit folic acid absorption.1 People taking antacids are advised to supplement with folic acid.

Vitamin B12
interferes with the absorption of vitamin B12 from food (though not from supplements) in some2 3 4 5 but not all6 7 studies. A true deficiency state, resulting in vitamin B12-deficiency anemia, has only been reported in one case.8 The fall in vitamin B12 status may result from the decrease in stomach acid required for vitamin B12 absorption from food caused by the drug.9 This problem may possibly be averted by drinking acidic juices when eating foods containing vitamin B12.10

However, all people taking omeprazole need to either supplement with vitamin B12 or have their vitamin B12 status checked on a yearly basis. Even relatively small amounts of vitamin B12 such as 10–50 mcg per day, are likely to protect against drug induced vitamin depletion.
Omeprazole Interactions with Herbs

Cranberry (Vaccinium marocarpon)
People taking omeprazole may increase absorption of dietary vitamin B12 by drinking cranberry juice or other acidic liquids with vitamin B12-containing foods.11

speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 12:25:15 AM »

The Nature Vet Omeprazole isn't 30.00 per day.  One tube will last like 4-5 days if you read the directions.
speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 11:54:56 PM »

What's a good price for Gastroguard?  I see a site that has it for $400/mo. but I think once there on it for a bit you can use 1/2 tube/day and get by with $200/mo
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 09:35:39 PM »

What's a good price for Gastroguard?  I see a site that has it for $400/mo. but I think once there on it for a bit you can use 1/2 tube/day and get by with $200/mo
Your ver hould be able to sell you generic Omeprazole for half what gastro gaurd costs.

speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 01:37:26 AM »

I ordered the Canadian Gastroguard for $400 so I will see how that works.
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 02:10:40 PM »

You can dicker with horse pre race.

speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 05:35:47 PM »

I received my Canadian Gastroguard and other than a different label, it's the same stuff I used to get.  I even tasted it and it tastes the same.  Horses are taking it well so all we need now is some victories!
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 09:04:44 PM »

Speed shop, how much were you paying for generic  gastro gaurd before?

speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 11:18:25 PM »

It was like $10/tube for the generic stuff but it wasn't worth $2.00 if you ask me.
dempster

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 01:28:01 AM »

Thinking of trying this site out:http://www.equine.omeprazoledirect.com/index.php. Anybody else check it out?
speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »

Thinking of trying this site out:http://www.equine.omeprazoledirect.com/index.php. Anybody else check it out?

I checked it out and it looks like garbage.  The dosage is no where even close.  They are trying to make it cheap so people will buy but there is no way it's strong enough.  It might have something to do with the prescription?  I'm assuming if you keep the dosage down you might get by with not needing a script.  You will need to feed about 5-6 sachets to equal one tube of gastroguard though.  I'm not sold on it  JMO
dempster

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 09:45:17 PM »

I checked it out and it looks like garbage.  The dosage is no where even close.  They are trying to make it cheap so people will buy but there is no way it's strong enough.  It might have something to do with the prescription?  I'm assuming if you keep the dosage down you might get by with not needing a script.  You will need to feed about 5-6 sachets to equal one tube of gastroguard though.  I'm not sold on it  JMO

One tube of Gastroguard contains 2.28g of Omeprazole. At the recommended dosage of 4mg/kg, the average horse would probably take about 2g. Three packets or pills from this place at 700mg per packet would equal 2.1g of Omeprazole at about $5.00 per dose.
speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 09:49:13 PM »

It's a totally different product with the pills or granules as they call them.  How the heck are you supposed to get them in a horse every day?
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 07:37:03 PM »

I am still looking for a deal on generic Omeprozole.  I paid $300 for 15 tubes containing about
5 -6 grams of omeprozole per tube. I feed 1/4 tuberper day maintenance. I think that the gastro gaurd and canadian gastro gaurd only contain 2.5 grams of omeprozole per tube.

speed shop

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 08:21:18 PM »

$300 for 15 tubes is 20 per tube.  Why not buy 2.5 omeprazol for 10.00? 
AlongTheRail

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »

It's a totally different product with the pills or granules as they call them.  How the heck are you supposed to get them in a horse every day?

Pills, use a balling gun or one of those quick sticks, they have them at Big D's. Granules, works best in a mash if they eat it, or mix it up with something sticky and dose them.  Used both of these products, the idea is to get them into the horse without destroying the coating before it gets to the stomach, a little difficult at times, but have seen a difference if you can get it done.  Plus the price is so much better then Gastro Gard.
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 08:53:04 PM »

$300 for 15 tubes is 20 per tube.  Why not buy 2.5 omeprazol for 10.00? 
The tubes I am buyihg are 5 to 6 omeprazol.

proview

"The Inside Info"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 11:56:47 PM »

Precision Pharmacy - Omeprazole powder, apple flavor.
100 scoops per jar. 1.4g per scoop. $160-$175 per jar. 

thumbs up

"Stupid is, as Stupid does!"
threegoodlegsst

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 02:15:22 PM »

Question for all who have used omeprazole.........have you had side effects with any horses?  Sole of hoof problems...hair growing in spots a little longer than others...sweat in different spots......loss of weight......dull eyes.........I am just naming a few and am trying to pin the problem so we can avoid it in the future.
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 05:15:25 PM »

Ask your vet to write you a script and I will e mail you a place where you canget it dirt cheap.  If your vet won't write you a script, he is a pig. Script needs vets phone # and state license number on it and the lab will call him first time.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: