Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 11:01:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I read it wrong?  (Read 800 times)
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2006, 04:48:34 PM »

Did I read it wrong-was I dreaming-or was it just a rumor? I would have sworn that I read an article somewhere regarding the amount of horses stabled on site. My memory says that someone (?) interviewed Gary Duch and he said there were 1400 horses here now, and that when Turfway (or some other track) closed in 2 weeks there would be over 1600. Did anyone else read that?

So, why are the fields so short? ENTRIES: Tuesday/59--Friday/69--Saturday/67.
If most horses can race every 2 to 3 weeks and they race 5 days a week and have 9 races a day, then they should easily be able to have 10+ entries per race per day with 1400 horses.
The only variable would be if there are a hell of alot of horses on the vets list, but with 2 months to recoup-that shouldn't be that much of a factor.
Report to moderator   Logged
big wally

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 04:53:24 PM »

I think you are right. Early Spring meet entries sucked for a long time now, with Fairgrounds not running I thought they would do better than this
edwarren

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 08:28:58 PM »

Maybe many trainers think their horses aren't ready, aren't in condition, yet.

It's this condition thing, you've read my posts. My opinion that's why the racing is so abnormal.

Wasn't it Turfway had a herpes quarantine? I can't remember. If so, can't imagine them being too ready either. Good weather ought to help get things going. I exercised outside meself today. I'm outta shape but by summer's end I'll be fitter than last year, and I got pretty fit last year.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 12:04:47 AM »

I think you are right. Early Spring meet entries sucked for a long time now, with Fairgrounds not running I thought they would do better than this

A lot of those FG horses are at Turfway, I think, but I thought it would be better here, too, especially after the DRF article. Oh well. Must be Gary Duch not writing the right races, lol!
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 08:40:22 PM »

You left out important info. I don't know if that was on purpose. Also stated that they were barning a lot of 2 year olds and no races for them. Also they had a lot of grass horses and they ain't opening that up till last 2 weeks. SO THE BARNS ARE FILLED WITH HORSES THAT WILL NOT BE RUNNING.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 09:28:03 PM »

You left out important info. I don't know if that was on purpose. Also stated that they were barning a lot of 2 year olds and no races for them. Also they had a lot of grass horses and they ain't opening that up till last 2 weeks. SO THE BARNS ARE FILLED WITH HORSES THAT WILL NOT BE RUNNING.

That's a problem every year, John Frank. Same as at Arlington. Not a problem really just a fact of life. You got horses need training you have to get them to the track. They can't all run a race as soon as they step off the farm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: