Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 01:26:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 676-676-777?  (Read 838 times)
off stride

« on: February 28, 2006, 10:54:40 AM »

676-676-777?
is that someones phone number? ... or is it someones golf score?.. or even one of your bowling scores?... nope on all accounts.... just the number of horses not filling your card today..... racing t-breds in chicago in february smart...real smart
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:44:04 AM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
TC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 11:42:05 AM »

is that someones phone number? ... or is it someones golf score?.. or even one of your bowling scores?... nope on all accounts.... just the number of horses not filling your card today..... racing t-breds in chicago in february smart...real smart
OS, that's a real wrong number in my book.  Smiley  trotter  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
medic_61353

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 01:12:22 PM »

T-bred numbers down too! What gives. Less breeding, people getting out of the business?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 12:50:29 AM »

OS, that's a real wrong number in my book.  Smiley  trotter  TC

A crummy card, no question. Looks like field size numbers you'd see for an Arlington card. And just $2.2 million in handle. P.U. You harness guys, how does that stinky handle on a horrible Hawthorne card compare to Balmoral's handle on its premier night, Saturday?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 08:00:52 AM »

A crummy card, no question. Looks like field size numbers you'd see for an Arlington card. And just $2.2 million in handle. P.U. You harness guys, how does that stinky handle on a horrible Hawthorne card compare to Balmoral's handle on its premier night, Saturday?
Terry, the better question is what does it say about any player unsophisticated enough to fire into such small fields.  I mean that with all due respect.  You can't realize a profit in the super pool (if they even offered them), or the TRI pool IMO.  Congrats on the very good handle (compared to harness) and fair handle in t-bred terms.  Who did Hawthorne run against, Beulah, Turf Paradise, and which other scary quality tracks ?  Try those field sizes on a day when NY, KY, CA, and the rest are in full swing and you'll be anemic in numbers.   trotter  TC
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 09:00:31 PM »

Terry, the better question is what does it say about any player unsophisticated enough to fire into such small fields.  I mean that with all due respect.

I don't think any racetrack cares how sophisticated the customers are, as long as the handle is there. If chimps were pumping dough through the windows they would be happy. Really, what does this argument matter? How sophisticated are the old ladies who play slots?

Who did Hawthorne run against, Beulah, Turf Paradise, and which other scary quality tracks ?  Try those field sizes on a day when NY, KY, CA, and the rest are in full swing and you'll be anemic in numbers.   trotter  TC

The field sizes were pretty anemic Saturday, Sunday, Monday (up against GP), and they did what they did - $2.5M, $1.9M, $2.4M. It's the on track that's really stunk out the joint, proportionately, Mondays and Tuesdays, but they had to know that going in.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 09:55:22 PM »

No they obviously don't know that Terry. NJC insists that it's better to be open live on Monday's and Tuesday's. When Hawthorne's meet opens this fall they will be dark on these days.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 10:05:55 PM »

No they obviously don't know that Terry. NJC insists that it's better to be open live on Monday's and Tuesday's. When Hawthorne's meet opens this fall they will be dark on these days.

I'm saying they knew what the Monday and Tueday on track numbers would be like because they ran Monday and Tuesday last year.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 10:13:54 PM »

I didn't say they were intelligent....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: