Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 17, 2014, 06:42:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who should be Horse of the Year? 2009
Rachel Alexandra - 27 (41.5%)
Zenyatta - 37 (56.9%)
Other* - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO SHOULD BE HORSE OF THE YEAR?  (Read 34256 times)
mel4600

« Reply #675 on: January 18, 2010, 07:08:25 PM »

Are you serious? This is about the first thread in history where someone called you a name first, when I called you a belligerent jerk. Let's see, just a few posts up, Klink asked you a question. Whether it was tasteless or now, you called him an "jackass." Wow, I didn't even have to go to another page to find that one. If we're going to play that game, you'd have about a 50 to 1 win ratio on striking the first blow. My temper getting the better of me yesterday being about the first time you've ever waited for someone to call you name before going on the offensive.

Are you serious? Insulting me with a question deserves a lot more of a rigid response than "jackass" in my book. You apply your rules to yourself, the bottome line is if Klink don't insult me, I call him no name. Now go show me a "real" instance where I got personal first. If you would have kept your mouth shut instead of chiming in on my wager negotiation with Marcus, we wouldn't be having this issue right now. Little did you know at the time, you both would end up looking foolish. Look, you even tried to chime in on Exborne's wager with me and he told you to butt out. I still waiting for your example and I promise I will personally apologize to that person. Just remember. I have an ongoing negative dialog with a few people so be careful what you pick.
Report to moderator   Logged
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: January 18, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »

Serious question Steve..and Mel too...Would you rather see RA beat Z or see Z win only because RA gets injured during the race? And those are your only two options in this question. I'm curious just how far your hatred of RA extends and your obsession with Zenyatta ends.

To me, it's a great thing for the sport and much needed. I believe RA is the better horse and believe she had a better campaign in '09, obviously you guys don't and I get that. But what I don't get is the animosity and aggressiveness towards any who disagree with you. Being passionate about a horse is one thing, but this is getting ridiculous.

Sorry...enjoy these threads and dialogues 90% of the time, but just not sure if this is worth all the anger and hostility that comes with it now.

Klink. I like the horse and obviously I wouldn't want RA to get hurt. However, I don't think she can beat Zenyatta so it's a mute point. I don't like the connections of the horse or most of her fans. They remind me of liberal loons from Air America.

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
mel4600

« Reply #677 on: January 18, 2010, 07:16:14 PM »

Well, since you're all about semantics now, for the first time ever, I guess technically Steve didn't lie. It's still intentionally dishonest to post something someone else says in a quote and present it as fact without even doing a basic fact check.

So maybe Steve is not a liar, no. Steve was intentionally dishonest, which is splitting hairs away from being a liar.

Are you serious? Are you out of your mind? HE POSTED AN INTIRE INTERVIEW! How is that being intentionally dishonest? Its OK as Marcus says that the Moss's lied, how about holding Smith accountable? Why is it good enough for Marcus and not good enough for Steve?
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: January 18, 2010, 07:19:32 PM »

It's really odd how much attention you and Mel pay to whenever anyone is even a little wrong about anything....yet you blatantly lie, get called out on it, and go along on your merry way like it never happened. To add insult to injury, you guys gloat when people are wrong about their opinion -- you actually straight up LIED with facts and don't even seem to care to acknowledge it, or is it just frustrating that if I hadn't posted the truth, everyone who had read that post would actually think you were still right, and tell their friends the same thing? It's kind of like the echo chamber at Fox News lol. You say "that's what I'd do." Yet that's not at all what you've done. So, you're kind of lying. No, not kind of, actually. You're talking a big game that's not true saying you would do one thing if you put your foot in your mouth when actually you did the total opposite -- first continuing to say the lie was true, then just ignoring the truth when presented with it.

I'm not sure of proper etiquette -- am I supposed to quote you over and over and call you a "stupid prick" or a "***" or something, and then quote myself over and over saying how awesome I am for being right and use lots of little yellow guys rolling on the floor while never letting it go and using this on several different threads to disprove anything you say from now on?

I'm so confused as to how we do things around here now, since when some people are wrong, it's the end of the world (curiously, myself and Marcus), but when others are wrong, it's just let it roll off the shoulders and not pay any attention to it. I see a pattern. Not an unexpected one, by any sense. I'm just looking for some guidance on how we "classy" non-DRF people are expected to behave around here, since I"m not sure that following Mel's lead is going to get me any awards for class -- though maybe since I don't work for the DRF, I can do anything I want to and say anything and call anyone any names I want and will still be considered a class act by pam and others.

Hey idiot who cannot pick winners....YOU SHOW ME WHERE I LIED!!!! Seriously, what in Gods name are you talking about? Marcus said the horse wasn't going to race and we said different. Any horseman with any common sense at all that saw Zenyattas work tab knew she wasn't going to retire. Grow up son, because you look like a greenhorn on here right now..lmao.

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: January 18, 2010, 07:36:15 PM »

Are you serious? Insulting me with a question deserves a lot more of a rigid response than "jackass" in my book. You apply your rules to yourself, the bottome line is if Klink don't insult me, I call him no name. Now go show me a "real" instance where I got personal first. If you would have kept your mouth shut instead of chiming in on my wager negotiation with Marcus, we wouldn't be having this issue right now. Little did you know at the time, you both would end up looking foolish. Look, you even tried to chime in on Exborne's wager with me and he told you to butt out. I still waiting for your example and I promise I will personally apologize to that person. Just remember. I have an ongoing negative dialog with a few people so be careful what you pick.

You asked for one instance in which you initiated name calling. I provided it. You can reason your way out of it however you want, but it was on the very same page. I don't care what Klink said to you.

Did Klink initiate name calling or no? Did he call you a name? No. And No.

Did you call Klink a "jackass" after he didn't call you name? Yes.

That's "initiating" (it means starting) name-calling.

Very simple.
mel4600

« Reply #680 on: January 18, 2010, 07:41:28 PM »

You asked for one instance in which you initiated name calling. I provided it. You can reason your way out of it however you want, but it was on the very same page. I don't care what Klink said to you.

Did Klink initiate name calling or no? Did he call you a name? No. And No.

Did you call Klink a "jackass" after he didn't call you name? Yes.

That's "initiating" (it means starting) name-calling.

Very simple.

Like I said, you define yourself And I will define myself!  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

A fool will be answered like one! Hows that for semantics? Comprende Amigo?
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: January 18, 2010, 07:42:12 PM »

Hey idiot who cannot pick winners....YOU SHOW ME WHERE I LIED!!!! Seriously, what in Gods name are you talking about? Marcus said the horse wasn't going to race and we said different. Any horseman with any common sense at all that saw Zenyattas work tab knew she wasn't going to retire. Grow up son, because you look like a greenhorn on here right now..lmao.

And we're back to the picking winners thing -- the good old personal attack mainstay for when you have nothing else to say.

Got it. Enjoy the awards tonight, I'll be around to see the awesome class act that is sure to follow no matter which way the awards go...though you may find me dead on my couch from holding my breath waiting for it...
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: January 18, 2010, 07:44:23 PM »

Like I said, you define yourself And I will define myself!  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

A fool will be answered like one! Hows that for semantics? Comprende Amigo?

It's odd that the fact that I'm using words for their meaning is getting attacked. You claimed you never initiated name-calling. Flat out. No conditions.

When proven completely, unequivocally wrong on the very same page, all of the sudden there are conditions that somehow negate your original claim that you've never initiated name-calling.

Until I see some magical post where Klink called you some nasty name, you'll still be wrong, no matter how many sweet-ass emoticons you toss in and no matter how thick you lay on the sarcasm to deflect from the fact that you lied about something that could be disproven without even leaving the page. Jeez. Can you at least make it a little tougher for me next time?
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: January 18, 2010, 07:53:45 PM »

And we're back to the picking winners thing -- the good old personal attack mainstay for when you have nothing else to say.

Got it. Enjoy the awards tonight, I'll be around to see the awesome class act that is sure to follow no matter which way the awards go...though you may find me dead on my couch from holding my breath waiting for it...

You think that a paper win for HOY for either horse means anything? I could give a rats ass if RA wins. It's all human error. EVERY POLL ACROSS THE COUNTRY HAS ZENYATTA THE WINNER and that's what really counts. That, and a win straight up on the race track! Only a weasel like yourself will salivate in a meaningless eclipse award. Take that award (if RA wins) and shove it up your ass! I'll be here when they run. You want to wager straight up when they do race? There's already rumblings that the RA camp will avoid Zenyatta at Oaklawn.

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: January 18, 2010, 07:59:23 PM »

You think that a paper win for HOY for either horse means anything? I could give a rats ass if RA wins. It's all human error. EVERY POLL ACROSS THE COUNTRY HAS ZENYATTA THE WINNER and that's what really counts. That, and a win straight up on the race track! Only a weasel like yourself will salivate in a meaningless eclipse award. Take that award (if RA wins) and shove it up your ass! I'll be here when they run. You want to wager straight up when they do race? There's already rumblings that the RA camp will avoid Zenyatta at Oaklawn.

Wow, it didn't even take the award being announced for you to start with it. My point is that should Zenyatta win, I will be shocked if I don't come on here to nasty gloating. If Rachel wins, my best guess from those supporting her, is that you won't see that same kind of nasty gloating -- but I'm sure to see all sorts of nasty comments about stupid voters, stupid elitists, dumb awards, black eyes for racing, etc etc. What you'll get from me if Rachel wins is "the horse with the best campaign won." I'll even copy and paste it right from this post. If Zenyatta wins, you'll get a "I don't agree, don't think she had the best campaign, but she's an Eclipse award HOY for all-time now." Because that's how things work with me. Same thing with elections -- once the votes are done, the argument isn't the same for me. But that's how I operate, we'll see how things go, since you've already told me to "shove the award up [my] ass," we're making great progress towards a really solid, classy, good night.

I would wager my left arm that your comments and some others' won't be quite so pleasant. And don't worry yourself, I'll be more than up for wagers if they run, of course with plenty of conditions (which I'm kindly putting in my first iteration of the wager, rather than changing my mind later and acting shocked that you don't like it). Those mainly being that I'm not wagering if Rachel comes back to the races looking like a pig and the Z camp follows her to her next start to say they beat her. Two top horses in top form? You've got a bet then, no doubt, no conditions, I just won't make it this far in advance.
mel4600

« Reply #685 on: January 18, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »

It's odd that the fact that I'm using words for their meaning is getting attacked. You claimed you never initiated name-calling. Flat out. No conditions.

Where I come from, when someone acts like a jackass towards you, he gets called a jackass or more. Most things I don't take personal, that I did. In any event, while I disagree with Klink on many issues, he was a likable fellow. The question he asked was out of character for him. In any event, if he doesn't insult me with the question, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You however, are wearing a hood and only look one way. You are never fair and objective since you keep trying to kiss Marcus's ass.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: January 18, 2010, 08:07:29 PM »

Where I come from, when someone acts like a jackass towards you, he gets called a jackass or more. Most things I don't take personal, that I did. In any event, while I disagree with Klink on many issues, he was a likable fellow. The question he asked was out of character for him. In any event, if he doesn't insult me with the question, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You however, are wearing a hood and only look one way. You are never fair and objective since you keep trying to kiss Marcus's ass.

Ok, so I assume "where you come from," if Klink insults you and you punch him in his face, you're able to say that he punched you in the face first because he deserved it?

Same thing, only more extreme. I don't care if he deserved it; you initiated name-calling, which you mere posts later claimed you had never done.

It either is or it isn't. You either did or you didn't, and you did.

And good job bringing it back to Marcus. I forgot to add that in to my response to Steve about the picks -- if it's not picks it's Marcus. It's never about the fact that you stir things up and get all excited when someone calls you out on it. Even when you're just flat-out lying -- no, that's not *your* fault, it's my fault because I am kissing Marcus's ass?

Non-sequiter...nothing to do with one another. More diversions.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:09:34 PM by brianwspencer » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

« Reply #687 on: January 18, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »

Those mainly being that I'm not wagering if Rachel comes back to the races looking like a pig and the Z camp follows her to her next start to say they beat her. Two top horses in top form? You've got a bet then, no doubt, no conditions, I just won't make it this far in advance.

If you truly thought she were that great you wouldn't care when and where they race...unless you don't think she is that good.  Wink
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: January 18, 2010, 08:23:58 PM »

If you truly thought she were that great you wouldn't care when and where they race...unless you don't think she is that good.  Wink

Well that's partially true -- we talked about that a while back when you said you believed that the great ones never go bad, the truly great ones. I said that I didn't disagree, just didn't agree with perhaps as much rock-solid zeal as you did.

If Rachel came back less of a horse than she went to the bench this year, would it taint her overall greatness in my eyes? Absolutely, at least in some way. Would it taint the greatness of her season last year for me? Not at all. That campaign is sealed in the books as one of the greatest campaigns ever by a 3-year old filly. If she comes back and loses to a better horse, even if Zenyatta is that better horse, so be it. I won't cry in my wine over it. I don't have a problem with great horses getting beat.

mel4600

« Reply #689 on: January 18, 2010, 08:26:46 PM »

Ok, so I assume "where you come from," if Klink insults you and you punch him in his face, you're able to say that he punched you in the face first because he deserved it?

No, after I punch him I would say, "don't run your mouth to me like that if you're not going to back it up". It would really have to be severe to come to that, just giving you an example if it was.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: January 18, 2010, 08:36:15 PM »

No, after I punch him I would say, "don't run your mouth to me like that if you're not going to back it up". It would really have to be severe to come to that, just giving you an example if it was.

lol. Even on a day when I want nothing more than to ignore you for the rest of my life, your occasional comedic relief makes it worth it.
mel4600

« Reply #691 on: January 18, 2010, 08:46:56 PM »

lol. Even on a day when I want nothing more than to ignore you for the rest of my life, your occasional comedic relief makes it worth it.

Smile! Its not the end of the world. Wink  Grin
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:09 PM »

Smile! Its not the end of the world. Wink  Grin

At the rate you're going, it may well be the end of literacy and the English language as we know it, though. They're going to have to totally re-do all those grade school reading comprehension tests.  bang head Grin [sarcasm/joking/trying to be funny and pal around for the sake of trying emoticon]
mel4600

« Reply #693 on: January 18, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »

At the rate you're going, it may well be the end of literacy and the English language as we know it, though. They're going to have to totally re-do all those grade school reading comprehension tests.  bang head Grin [sarcasm/joking/trying to be funny and pal around for the sake of trying emoticon]

beer
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #694 on: January 18, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »

You think that a paper win for HOY for either horse means anything? I could give a rats ass if RA wins. It's all human error. EVERY POLL ACROSS THE COUNTRY HAS ZENYATTA THE WINNER and that's what really counts.

No, what matters is who they name HOY tonight. Years from now no one will remember our silly arguments, but the winner's name - whichever it is - will be written in the record books.

There's already rumblings that the RA camp will avoid Zenyatta at Oaklawn.

I heard rumblings that the Zenyatta camp is already avoiding any real competition by sticking to girls races in So Cal.
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: October 13, 2011, 07:33:27 PM »

Remember one thing you little ***, I know who you are now.

Who am I? And how do you know I'm a ***?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #696 on: October 13, 2011, 08:41:47 PM »

Who am I? And how do you know I'm a ***?

Glahn!

Welcome back.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: