Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 07:20:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad incident at Penn National  (Read 2210 times)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2011, 09:10:04 AM »

As an earlier poster said,there are plenty of vets to take care of horses on the grounds.As to the Penn situation,you get what you pay for.It is the same situation,as at many minor league venues,the people are there for a reason,because they cannot cut it the bigs.
Yes but even at Los Al where bottome claimers race there is a vet during traning.At our fairs also their is a vet.
Just because they are bottom horses is NO excuse for the tracks not to be obligated.Horses still deserve to be treated with dignity and not to be treated inhumane. Horse laying on the track for an hour to be put down is inhumane.
I may have cheap horses but they are cared for like they are racing at Keenland and Delmar.
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2011, 03:21:34 PM »

Ferndale has some of the sorriest horses you could see on a race track, but there is always a vet.  Some terrible thing like what happened in Penn would never happen in Ferndale.  When a horse goes down, it is immediately surrounded by the owner, the vet and anyone who wants to help make the decision about the horse's condition. 
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2011, 05:52:48 PM »

Ferndale has some of the sorriest horses you could see on a race track, but there is always a vet.  Some terrible thing like what happened in Penn would never happen in Ferndale.  When a horse goes down, it is immediately surrounded by the owner, the vet and anyone who wants to help make the decision about the horse's condition. 
So does Fresno and Stockton so I dont get the mentality just cause they are bottom of the barrle then their is NO obligation by the race track .
By the way Pammy I have not heard from Penn.

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2011, 06:32:47 PM »

Guess they are going to ignore us all.  That can only mean one thing.  They know what they did was wrong.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2011, 07:36:36 PM »

Guess they are going to ignore us all.  That can only mean one thing.  They know what they did was wrong.

Oh trust me, they will not ignore us. I am on them like a bum on a cheese sandwich!! I promise I will not let this go!!!
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »

Thank you thoroughbred!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2011, 08:39:09 PM »

You would probably have better luck sending your letters to the Pa. Racing Commission. Penn National cares nothing about horses or racing, and has not since they got their first slots at Charles Town..
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 08:53:48 AM »

You would probably have better luck sending your letters to the Pa. Racing Commission. Penn National cares nothing about horses or racing, and has not since they got their first slots at Charles Town..
I always tried to tell people slots are the surest and fastest way to shut horses out. Now dont you think they new this was going to raise holy hell and maybe this is the kind of situations they maybe looking for to actually say horse racing just isnt worth the effort?
some one post the email address for Pa racing board please.

jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2011, 09:28:59 AM »

http://www.agriculture.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_24476_10297_0_43/AgWebsite/OrganizationDetail.aspx?name=Pennsylvania-Racing-Commission&navid=34&parentnavid=0&orgid=19&

Dawn Patrick
Administrative Officer
(717) 787-1942
dpatrick@state.pa.us
lv hillbilly

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »

Only licensed vets can have needles, or any injectable, on the racetrack.  Has nothing to do with being afraid, it is not allowed at any racetrack anywhere.

EVERY trainer knows how to handle a needle......for that matter ANYONE who has been an outrider has also used a needle......i know the rules but my point is the rules are stupid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: