Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 07:00:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Frank headed to Hawthorne  (Read 1079 times)
John Frank

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2006, 10:57:57 PM »

That's right,Tuesday the 21st of March. Is that the IDES OF MARCH. Yeah that same day they have the MAIN EVENT. Sponsered by Sherwin Williams. For me it's like a bar sponsered Cub or Bear game. Booze there and back on the bus. To those of you who should attend Hawthorne that day stop over to the main event. You don't have to paint to stop in. tons of free food,for free. Something no track would offer.
Report to moderator   Logged
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 11:08:46 PM »

They also give away free good paint brushes, and assorted other free goodies. Plus some great sales on everything else.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 11:13:32 PM »

They also give away free good paint brushes, and assorted other free goodies. Plus some great sales on everything else.

Any free painter's hats? I love painter's hats.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 11:22:14 PM »

Yes Terry, as many as you want on the painters hats. They might have the cool baseball caps again(got one in my closet). It's white with SW logo on center, and multi colors of paint sclashes all around it. Real nice and funky looking.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 11:36:11 PM »

Yes Terry, as many as you want on the painters hats. They might have the cool baseball caps again(got one in my closet). It's white with SW logo on center, and multi colors of paint sclashes all around it. Real nice and funky looking.

Excellent! So this is Tuesday, March 21st, and it's AT Hawthorne?
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 11:46:32 PM »

Yes Terry. A tuesday. It will probably be held on second floor grandstand,since that part of track is closed on Monday and Tuesdays and is dead all other times. And like I said,just waltz over,Pig out and collect freebies. I imagine every degenerate at track that day will go for chow. While your over there I'll probably be in clubhouse.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 11:49:32 PM »

One more thing. Chow starts about 11:00 or 11:30. Get there early to get your fill of everything.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 11:52:27 PM »

Yes Terry. A tuesday. It will probably be held on second floor grandstand,since that part of track is closed on Monday and Tuesdays and is dead all other times. And like I said,just waltz over,Pig out and collect freebies. I imagine every degenerate at track that day will go for chow. While your over there I'll probably be in clubhouse.

When did they start closing that part of the track on Mondays and Tuesdays? Agree it is dead most other times, though it did show some signs of life this weekend. There's actually a small contingent that call that area "home". That's where you can usually find Mr. Duct Tape Hat, for instance.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 12:01:16 AM »

Theres been talk that they are thinking of closing almost 1/2 of the building except for Fri-Sat-Sundays to save money on utilities, labor, etc. Not so sure they're gonna do it, but it has been considered.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 12:11:18 AM »

A added note for me. I don't know what charter bus I will be on. It better not be Wisconsin Badger. I would like to get back home and not be stuck with all undisirables that frequent the Hawthorne DUMP.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 12:13:28 AM »

Theres been talk that they are thinking of closing almost 1/2 of the building except for Fri-Sat-Sundays to save money on utilities, labor, etc. Not so sure they're gonna do it, but it has been considered.

Heard that, too. Problem is, the parts that really should be closed off because no one uses them are the entire upper clubhouse, and 2nd floor grandstand. Big party room top of the 3rd floor elevator is generally vacant as well, but that is already usually dark. Plant layout doesn't really lend itself to closing off too much independently, at least to accomplish anything but avoiding minor labor and daily cleanup costs. There's already hardly any employees in upper grandstand or 2nd floor grandstand. They would have to spend money on some new divider walls or something to keep heat in / cold out.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 12:14:59 AM »

A added note for me. I don't know what charter bus I will be on. It better not be Wisconsin Badger. I would like to get back home and not be stuck with all undisirables that frequent the Hawthorne DUMP.

Strange thing, John. So many of the customers at Hawthorne look just like you.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 12:19:52 AM »

3rd floor "party room" yer talking about is the Turf Club dining room. Yup agreed Terry. The layout makes it very difficult to close whole floors. It's such a huge building 900' x 150/125'. 2nd Grand would be most logical, but then the cold air goes up/down and freezes out the other 2 floors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: