Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 02:15:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert P. Smolin  (Read 8963 times)
sleepless

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2009, 09:22:05 AM »

Heard rumors regarding Smolins absense last night.  A check on WILL COUNTY INMATE SEARCH reveals a ROBERT P. SMOLIN  23  white male in custody with court date of 10/26/09.   thumbs down
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 09:36:06 AM by sleepless » Report to moderator   Logged
wizard78

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 10:39:47 AM »

what are the charges ?
Report to moderator   Logged
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 11:05:07 AM »

what are the charges ?

I'm guessing.....possession....and I know NOTHING of this, truly a guess.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Mr Irving

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 11:50:47 AM »

Not that they are responsible, but if the stewards and the Illinois Racing Board did their job of testing the drivers, incidents like this would not happen.  Our industry already has a bad enough reputation, but when things like this get out, it makes us look even worse.  Not only from an appearance point of view, but it is also dangerous to the other drivers and horses. Sure, there is probably no money available for testing, but there is no excuse.  Cuts should be made somewhere, but certainly not here. Either reduce the judges salaries or only have 2 instead of 3.  There's only one that makes the decisions.  The other 2 only follow the leader and agree with him.....they carry no weight.
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 11:57:20 AM »

http://www.bailbond.com/

Just trying to help.

The more you bet...the more you win
emp
The HV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 02:43:36 PM »

www.vinelink.com/vinelink/searchResultsAction.do?searchType=offender&siteId=14004&searchWhere=state&doc=253&agency=1&id=&lastName=smolin&firstName=r&dob=&ageRange=0&methodToCall=search

www.willcosheriff.com/pages/cimis/details.asp?lname=smolin&Submit=Submit&CIMIS_NUMBER=20090008999
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 02:45:09 PM by emp » Report to moderator   Logged

If you can't succeed, try something else.
noc

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 03:32:29 PM »

No info on the charges...What about the presumption of innocence Huh
Was having a very good year to date..Let's hope that after his day in court all relevant facts will come to light.  I, of all people, am not in a positon to judge or speculate as to what the situation is...Let the system handle it.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 03:54:21 PM »

This does NOT involve drugs.
noc

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »

Good...
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 04:48:25 PM »

My bad. thumbs down

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 12:15:24 PM »

JUST MAYBE THE ILLINOIS STEWARDS ARE TAKING A STAND AGAINST RACE FIXING<<<<

We ALL know better than that.
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 05:44:23 PM »

I see the newbie has alot of positives to add to the forum .
     Bobbie is not at full fault here i will call him dumb here ,  several of us has told him to get out of that situation before he gets himself in trouble. The guy always gets blamed for stuff like this but at some piont u got to get or or defend yourself thats why we tried to tell him to get out of there , but there is kids involed he is just in a bad spot and made a bad decision .
 Rick
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 07:15:45 PM »

"Bobby is not at fault here" ? You ARE kidding right? Hitting a woman is NEVER acceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NIATROSS

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 07:31:32 PM »

"Bobby is not at fault here" ? You ARE kidding right? Hitting a woman is NEVER acceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would that include an instance where a man was sleeping and his significant other who happens to outwiegh him  by 100#s starts pounding on him ?
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 07:39:36 PM »

i agree theres no excuses for hitting a women for any reason . but you also dont know what all went on . ill just say i feel bab for him letting himself get in the wrong situation
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »

His first mistake is having a SO outweigh him by 100 pounds. I thought he had better taste than that.If that is/was the case why then did the police state that the woman had facial injuries? If one is defending himself, the natural reaction would be to cover up and not get hit. NOT take the offensive position and strike back, especially if he knew who it was that was hitting him.Just get the **** out of there.
NIATROSS

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 08:03:41 PM »

His first mistake is having a SO outweigh him by 100 pounds. I thought he had better taste than that.If that is/was the case why then did the police state that the woman had facial injuries? If one is defending himself, the natural reaction would be to cover up and not get hit. NOT take the offensive position and strike back, especially if he knew who it was that was hitting him.Just get the **** out of there.

I never said anything about his SO as I don't know either of them personally.Once again your logic is flawed.Try standing and covering up while you are backed into a corner while a wild woman is pounding on you and doing significant damage to you.

I was taught growing up a man never hits a lady and follow that.There is a line that is often crossed when a lady starts flailing away and doing damage and she is no longer a lady.Never judge another without all the facts.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 08:20:29 PM »

Well, let's see................ HE IS the one in JAIL, not her. So obviously the police didn't believe him for some reason.THOSE are the facts that are available to me. If one cannot get away from a woman who has him backed into a corner without resorting to hitting her, he is NOT that sharp. It's called pushing her away.AND there is a difference between pushing and hitting. And just how do YOU know that she was a "WILD" woman? Unless you were there..............................
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 08:26:56 PM »

i know she has in the past went after him with a knife and i have seen the bites marks she has left on him and the scratches very big and deep i might add > he shouldve got out of there a while back , but like i said there is a kid involved and its just not that easy to leave .
NIATROSS

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 08:34:58 PM »

Well, let's see................ HE IS the one in JAIL, not her. So obviously the police didn't believe him for some reason.THOSE are the facts that are available to me. If one cannot get away from a woman who has him backed into a corner without resorting to hitting her, he is NOT that sharp. It's called pushing her away.AND there is a difference between pushing and hitting. And just how do YOU know that she was a "WILD" woman? Unless you were there..............................

Well,let's see ........... I wonder if anyone was ever falsely arrested before and ended up being freed in the end ?

I never said anyone was a WILD WOMAN,read what I post.

My only comment earlier was made to address your original comment that is NEVER  ok to hit a woman.

If the woman's boxing champ had a standing offer for anyone to take swing at her and see if she can be knocked out with 1 punch and win  $1 million dollars would you do it ?
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 08:40:56 PM »

Well,let's see ........... I wonder if anyone was ever falsely arrested before and ended up being freed in the end ?

I never said anyone was a WILD WOMAN,read what I post.

My only comment earlier was made to address your original comment that is NEVER  ok to hit a woman.

If the woman's boxing champ had a standing offer for anyone to take swing at her and see if she can be knocked out with 1 punch and win  $1 million dollars would you do it ?

Try standing and covering up while you are backed into a corner while a wild woman is pounding on you and doing significant damage to you

Thought you didn't call her a wild woman?
emp
The HV

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 08:46:39 PM »

UPDATE AS OF 7:01PM

A message from VINE‏
   Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent:    Mon 10/26/09 7:01 PM
To:    emp

10/26/2009

This e-mail is to inform you that Robert Smolin has been released from the Will County Jail on 10/26/2009.  The reason for the release is Bonded out.  If you have any questions about your protection, please call your local law enforcement agency for assistance.

For more information, contact Will County Jail at (815)740-1250.

Thank you,

Illinois Victim Notification System

If you can't succeed, try something else.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »

i know she has in the past went after him with a knife and i have seen the bites marks she has left on him and the scratches very big and deep i might add > he shouldve got out of there a while back , but like i said there is a kid involved and its just not that easy to leave .

Then he would be considered an "enabler". If she went after him with a knife and left bite marks and scratches and he stayed there, he is enabling her to continue her actions. WHY would anyone stay with someone who attacked him with a knife? Maybe he should have given more consideration to whom he had sex with in the first place.Then he wouldn't be in this predicament. Guess that's not a popular belief.Sometimes an easy lay is not always the best thing.
noc

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »

Unless we were there, what we have here is speculation and conjecture at best.
No discretion for the police in domestic violence situations. Someone gets arrested and spends the night in jail until they can appear in front of a judge the following day unless a judge is not available...Generally, most larger counties have Bond Judges available 7 days a week.  Defendant is either given an I or D bond. States Attorney requests and gets an Order of Protection and No Contact order. A first court date is set;
Many of these cases go by the wayside due to the victim refusing to testify.  Not saying this is what will happen here but just reciting what happens in general and  what the procedures are in these specific type of cases.  Will Co. tougher on D.V. than Cook County.
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 09:05:39 PM »

Will Smolin be allowed to drive while the justice system does its thing?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:12:12 PM by sleepless » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: