Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 08:13:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zenyatta AGAIN!  (Read 5008 times)
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2009, 05:24:11 PM »

I want everyone to go back in history to find some great last to first closers. How many of them have ever won 13 in a row at any time let alone being unbeaten? Usually last to first closers lose several times because of the trip they take or the pace of the race. Zenyatta has answered the bell each and every time which is extraordinary in itself. Let her be beat before you knock her just because her connections keep her in California. Rachel's connections refuse to run her in California in the biggest race of the year yet I don't see everyone making the same comment towards them.

Another post that skirts the issue. I asked what her fastest final sixteenth was, so we could make a comparison. You fail to provide (not the first time).
Report to moderator   Logged
ABBEY

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2009, 06:05:43 PM »

Another post that skirts the issue. I asked what her fastest final sixteenth was, so we could make a comparison. You fail to provide (not the first time).
HEY, CHITOWN, YOU CAN ANSWER THIS CORRECTLY.
mel4600

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2009, 06:06:38 PM »

I ask you a question and you answer with one and have the nerve to say I'm skirting the issue! lol

mel4600

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2009, 06:20:53 PM »

How about a 5.1 final 1/16? Can you show me one faster?
DoctorLock

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »

head shake
When will it end? Nice undefeated racehorse. Likes to venture outside her state once every 13 or so races. No knocks. Last to first style shows she's one dimentional, not multi-talented. Overcoming that one dimension, impressive, but hardly freakish. Any unblemished record should be applauded, but please, enough defending or knocking Zenyatta. You can spin her accomplishments, or lack thereof, any way you like. You're both right!

ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2009, 06:32:06 PM »

HEY, CHITOWN, YOU CAN ANSWER THIS CORRECTLY.

I got this from a DRF article:

"Last in the field of seven with five-sixteenths a mile to go, Zenyatta ($2.40) was taken to the middle of the track by Smith and closed furiously to remain unbeaten. She just got up to win by a head, the smallest margin of victory in her career. She finished the final five-sixteenths of a mile in approximately 28.20 seconds, and ran the final sixteenth of a mile in less than six seconds."

Is that fast enough for ya Glahn!  nyah
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:38:26 PM by ChitownSteve75 » Report to moderator   Logged

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2009, 06:41:38 PM »

SHE'S THE QUEEN OF THE CALIFORNIA PLASIC!!! Kind of like Carrie Prejean.
Of course she's good, but they've never given her a chance to prove she's great.
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2009, 06:51:29 PM »

SHE'S THE QUEEN OF THE CALIFORNIA PLASIC!!! Kind of like Carrie Prejean.
Of course she's good, but they've never given her a chance to prove she's great.

She beat the Champion and Distaff winner Ginger Punch at Oaklawn Park pal. She's the defending Champ!  She'll be there on BC day, will RA???

glahn

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2009, 07:50:04 PM »

I ask you a question and you answer with one and have the nerve to say I'm skirting the issue! lol

I responded with a question because your question wasn't clear. You asked if I could find someone with a faster final sixteenth than her best final sixteenth. As I don't know what her fastest final sixteenth is, I cannot answer your question. No skirting here, just clarifying so we can proceed as civilized adults.
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2009, 07:51:25 PM »

How about a 5.1 final 1/16? Can you show me one faster?

She ran 5.1 or 5 and one-fifth? Either way, that's going to be tough to beat if we're sticking with dirt/synth surfaces. Which race was that?
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2009, 07:51:58 PM »

I got this from a DRF article:

"Last in the field of seven with five-sixteenths a mile to go, Zenyatta ($2.40) was taken to the middle of the track by Smith and closed furiously to remain unbeaten. She just got up to win by a head, the smallest margin of victory in her career. She finished the final five-sixteenths of a mile in approximately 28.20 seconds, and ran the final sixteenth of a mile in less than six seconds."

Is that fast enough for ya Glahn!  nyah

Mine That Bird ran his final sixteenth on Saturday in less than six seconds.
mel4600

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2009, 07:54:57 PM »

She ran 5.1 or 5 and one-fifth? Either way, that's going to be tough to beat if we're sticking with dirt/synth surfaces. Which race was that?

The race before this last one.

http://www.drf.com/displayChart.do?filepath=Download\simulcastweekly\charts\0908\DMR2009080908.pdf
mel4600

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2009, 08:40:15 PM »

Correction, I made a mistake in my math. She went in 5.08 which equates to 5 flat! I have never witnessed a turn of foot faster in the final 1/16 in any race over a mile. If anyone knows of one please let me know. This only happened because of jockey error.
mel4600

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »

Zenyatta is the only horse that I have seen that consistently gives you a great show before, during, and after the race. She is truly a magnificent animal.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2009, 08:45:59 AM »

She beat the Champion and Distaff winner Ginger Punch at Oaklawn Park pal. She's the defending Champ!  She'll be there on BC day, will RA???

Mel, you've got to quit obsessing about that race at Oaklawn.
mel4600

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2009, 09:26:23 AM »

Earl, I'll be glad to address my quotes when you quote them! lol
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2009, 08:23:17 PM »

Mel, you've got to quit obsessing about that race at Oaklawn.

Why? It was a hell of a race. I'd like to see her go there again in 2010 seeing that her connections have decided to run her next spring.

Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2009, 09:23:03 AM »

Why? It was a hell of a race. I'd like to see her go there again in 2010 seeing that her connections have decided to run her next spring.

Onion ran a hell of a race against Secretariat once, too, but that didn't make him the king of the turf.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: