Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 11:55:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone make money today?  (Read 1092 times)
edwarren

« on: February 26, 2006, 06:09:06 PM »

Not I. Another perfect day.
Report to moderator   Logged
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 06:50:20 PM »

No it's Sunday. It's sinful to work on Sunday..
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 07:19:09 PM »

Yes, I did, thanks to winner in the 1st, the WP, exacta, and trifecta in the 6th, and some judicious passing of some other races. (And Kentucky Fried was there as a witness, so nyah nyah.) However, I stunk in the contest races and thus the contest. Go figure.

Today, if you said there was a bit of a speed bias, I would probably agree with you.
big wally

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 07:35:52 PM »

Yes, I did, thanks to winner in the 1st, the WP, exacta, and trifecta in the 6th, and some judicious passing of some other races. (And Kentucky Fried was there as a witness, so nyah nyah.) However, I stunk in the contest races and thus the contest. Go figure.

Today, if you said there was a bit of a speed bias, I would probably agree with you.

I saw winner of the first was owned by Win Star Stable it was certainly bred well. I just looked at the results and did not buy form. Could you tel lmework out pattern on the horse? Why such a price on this horse? Good job, CT.
David

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 07:38:19 PM »

Off since 2004, 1 race then for Elliot Walden as a 2yo.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 07:48:51 PM »

I saw winner of the first was owned by Win Star Stable it was certainly bred well. I just looked at the results and did not buy form. Could you tel lmework out pattern on the horse? Why such a price on this horse? Good job, CT.

LOL! I was just trying to explain why I picked that horse to the S.O., and was coming up blank! I think it looked very good on the track, but I didn't write that down. I also remember some conversation about, "If you had to choose between Razo and Thornton as jocks, which way would you go", so I know it was down to the 1 or 3. Maybe odds made the difference?

It did have some nice works coming in, maybe I noticed those, too. Fairly steady going all the way back to October, with a few "bullets", such as they are at training facilities. 1:04 on 2/15, :50 on 2/9, 1:02 g on 1/27, 1:04 on 1/20 were the latest. A set of numbers I use to add to the pp's ranked this guy 2nd, also, behind the plain 1, who was way overbet IMHO after his speedy entry mate scratched out. To me, the loss of that 1A and its pace advantage pretty much opened up the race to anyone.

In other words I have no idea now why I bet that horse (and, according to the notes i did write, got the exacta as well, and just missed the tri when the 6 faded in the last yards).
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 07:50:56 PM »

Off since 2004, 1 race then for Elliot Walden as a 2yo.

I'm sure that was the reason for the price, not to mention the bad finish in its one race.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 08:11:33 PM »

Not I. Another perfect day.

Ed, you need to learn how to play the speed bias that you think does not exist.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 08:18:41 PM »

How did that all knowing crowd at Trackside do? I'm always stunned when we get any kind of price at all at the track, knowing that Trackside bunch is betting into the same pools as us mere mortals. Each day I go I get all depressed walking in, thinking, "Oh well, another miserable grind, every horse will pay only $2.40, because I have to play against the likes of those TrackSide wizards, woe is me, oh well", but it never seems to happen that way.
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 10:06:44 PM »

Got there for the 6th..Didnt cash a ticket...As for Thorton/Razo.....Razo is heads and shoulders better than Tim

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
edwarren

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 10:41:31 PM »

Ouch. Bet one race at GP and blanked. B-L-A-N-K-E-D. Zero. Nada.

Respectfully, about the speed thing:
Could it be fit horses be getting the lead (at HAW) and leaving the less fit also rans behind? It's only day 3, after all. Could it be a fitness bias vs. a speed bias? One rule of betting: strange things might and will happen the first week of a meet.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 11:00:13 PM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 02:13:14 PM »

Ouch. Bet one race at GP and blanked. B-L-A-N-K-E-D. Zero. Nada.

should bet the Asmussen Quality in the 9th at GP. 21 bucks for 2 beating the Pletcher Chalkie with the other Quality finshing 3rd. now thats what I am talkin bout.

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: