Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 12:52:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JOHN DREW AGAIN !  (Read 5709 times)
DawgPound

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2006, 05:00:58 PM »

RDuke
I'll  help out if I can, which I'm not sure is possible. I mean is the post for the shoeing change from Octane based upon a lack of knowledge or antagonistic?  I don't know, but I'll chime in

Your assessment of the shoeing change is dead accurate (going back to the "change shoes on raceday" comment).  I doubt anyone would make a drastic shoeing change on raceday, however it could happen albeit unlikely.  The change probably occured during the week and the horse was probably trained a mile.  Anyone who's ever trained a horse knows that you can't train a horse to race conditions, and thats probably what the trainer of this horse encountered.  There is no way to account for track conditions on race day, how much hold the driver has of the horse etc. 

Other shoeing factors to consider when making a shoeing change are angle, toe length, whether or not borium is used etc.  A correct angle and toe lenght using a steel shoe might not have the same affect on the horse when an aluminum shoe is used.  Its often trial and error, and as we all know, no matter how smart you think you are, a horse will make a liar out of you!

Report to moderator   Logged
Petro

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2006, 12:38:35 PM »

Does anybody really know what happened to him?  Did he choke down, cut his knees or did the new shoes have a factor?  Is there any inside information on him?  I was real disappointed since the owners made a trip to New York for the first time to see him race!!
Petro

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2006, 01:19:19 PM »

??
njhorseman

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 02:16:14 PM »

Does anybody really know what happened to him?  Did he choke down, cut his knees or did the new shoes have a factor?  Is there any inside information on him?  I was real disappointed since the owners made a trip to New York for the first time to see him race!!

A source close to his connections has told me via private message . Since that individual chose not to publicly post it, I will respect his confidentiality and keep my mouth shut. Wink
Petro

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2006, 02:37:26 PM »

I will ask Doc when I see him this weekend at Oakbrook.  I just wanted some immediate input.  I was curious why he raced the way he did!!!!
RK

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »

A source close to his connections has told me via private message . Since that individual chose not to publicly post it, I will respect his confidentiality and keep my mouth shut. Wink

I guess we will have to wait for your next book, "Illinois breds that kicked ass at the BigM"

RK
njhorseman

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2006, 02:18:08 PM »

I guess we will have to wait for your next book, "Illinois breds that kicked ass at the BigM"

RK

Since John Drew finished 6th, he won't be in the book.  Grin

You'll have to wait for the sequel, "Ill-breds that got their ass kicked at the the Big M." Cheesy
off stride

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2006, 02:22:52 PM »

Since John Drew finished 6th, he won't be in the book.  Grin

You'll have to wait for the sequel, "Ill-breds that got their ass kicked at the the Big M." Cheesy

here we go again ..horse wars IV
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2006, 02:39:23 PM »

John 3:16
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:42:01 AM by SUPERMAN » Report to moderator   Logged
njhorseman

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2006, 02:58:49 PM »

Now I dont understand that comment by someone who wrote a book??? Didn't the horse win 4 or 5 races in a row at The Big-M going into the final?? I still think Doc is in the plus with over $30,000 made already wouldn't you St. Paulie girl???

Superman:

Try growing a sense of humor. John Drew is a nice horse, but he hasn't yet shown he can beat anything other than other relatively green 4yos with at most modest accomplishments.

If some people on this forum weren't insistent on acting like he is the next coming of Niatross, I wouldn't be making sarcastic comments in return. Winning a couple of cheap overnights and late closer eliminations hardly qualifies a horse to be described as "kicking ass. "
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2006, 07:51:29 PM »

Now I dont understand that comment by someone who wrote a book??? Didn't the horse win 4 or 5 races in a row at The Big-M going into the final?? I still think Doc is in the plus with over $30,000 made already wouldn't you St. Paulie girl???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAUL-

Notice how SUPERMAN no longer talks about this horses VALUE--how everyone use to be CRAZY if they think he is not worth WAY more than 62.5K??

Now it's come down to "I THINK the owner is in the plus with over $30,000 won".

Boy how things have changed SUPERMAN.

As everyone can see, I'm TRYING not to post much about this very nice horse who is a
"DIME A DOZEN" at the Meadowlands but this guy just doesn't know when to stop.

We are in definite agreement on this horse and UNLIKE Superman and many others, I have NEVER changed
my public comments or opinion of this horse from DAY 1.
Petro

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2006, 12:10:04 PM »

Hey Trotter,

What happened to AL's Court last Week???
Petro

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2006, 12:10:30 PM »

JOHN DREW CAN'T WIN EVERY WEEK!!!!!
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »

Hey Trotter,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, I guess you don't want to talk anymore about JOHN DREW--Believe me--I understand why.

However, since you asked, the incredibly game old timer, Al's Court raced very well in his
243rd lifetime start.  Amazing, isn't it Petro, especially since everyone is recommending your baby,
John Drew take a NEEDED rest after his 19th lifetime start. What durability, huh?  The kind of
durability that people are willing to pay 70K, 80K, hell--even $100K for right?

Anyway, back to your question:   

This old timer with incredible heart paced the SAME final mile as your dream horse (1.53.0),
came home in 27.3 (JD came home in 29.1), was PARKED to the opening quarter with the lead in
a blistering 26.3, gave it up and sat 2nd, 3rd, 4th, to a 56.2 middle half (about the same as
JD's race) then came home in 27.3 to finish 7th by 5 lengths in his $25,000 claimer.
Nearly every horse in Al Court's race came home between 26.4-27.4 seconds.

He has now stands with outstanding lifetime earnings totaling over $ 529,000.
Of course, Al's Court is racing against tougher OLDER horses every week as well.

If you want to keep comparing John Drew to this old timer with great heart
(worth 20K-25K) I would not argue with ya.  With a few more races like last week,
John Drew will be lucky to be in the 25K claimers. 

Believe me, Al's Court would show this overrated little youngster a thing or two about racing.
No, Al's Court is NOT worth 62.5K.  However, your little darling hasn't even beat the
top 4 year olds yet.   (Some of the easiest competion around at the Meadowlands).

By the way, PETRO, are the owners still getting those $90K+ offers you and Superman
always talk about?
Petro

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »

Yes they are, some in the range of $120,000.  Doc will sell if the price is right!!!!
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2006, 03:48:30 PM »

Yes they are, some in the range of $120,000.  Doc will sell if the price is right!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the laugh today!  I finally caught my breath.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2006, 03:19:42 PM »

I know, I guess you don't want to talk anymore about JOHN DREW--Believe me--I understand why.

However, since you asked, the incredibly game old timer, Al's Court raced very well in his
243rd lifetime start.  Amazing, isn't it Petro, especially since everyone is recommending your baby,
John Drew take a NEEDED rest after his 19th lifetime start. What durability, huh?  The kind of
durability that people are willing to pay 70K, 80K, hell--even $100K for right?

Anyway, back to your question:   

This old timer with incredible heart paced the SAME final mile as your dream horse (1.53.0),
came home in 27.3 (JD came home in 29.1), was PARKED to the opening quarter with the lead in
a blistering 26.3, gave it up and sat 2nd, 3rd, 4th, to a 56.2 middle half (about the same as
JD's race) then came home in 27.3 to finish 7th by 5 lengths in his $25,000 claimer.
Nearly every horse in Al Court's race came home between 26.4-27.4 seconds.

He has now stands with outstanding lifetime earnings totaling over $ 529,000.
Of course, Al's Court is racing against tougher OLDER horses every week as well.

If you want to keep comparing John Drew to this old timer with great heart
(worth 20K-25K) I would not argue with ya.  With a few more races like last week,
John Drew will be lucky to be in the 25K claimers. 

Believe me, Al's Court would show this overrated little youngster a thing or two about racing.
No, Al's Court is NOT worth 62.5K.  However, your little darling hasn't even beat the
top 4 year olds yet.   (Some of the easiest competion around at the Meadowlands).

By the way, PETRO, are the owners still getting those $90K+ offers you and Superman
always talk about?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations, AL'S COURT on your DOMINATING win today in 1.52.3.  And THANK YOU
for the nice EXACTA and TRIFECTA. 

Way to go, OLD TIMER, in your 244th lifetime start.  So, PETRO, when is JOHN DREW racing again?
Oh yeah, I forgot, he needs a little rest after, what, his 19th lifetime start?

As I said before, I'd rather have THREE horses like AL'S COURT than ONE John Drew.
Tsunami

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2006, 06:52:25 PM »

TROTTER1 ENOUGH ALREADY ONLY PAULIE KNOWS THE REAL ANSWER
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2006, 08:41:42 PM »

Hey Trotter,

TROTTER1 ENOUGH ALREADY ONLY PAULIE KNOWS THE REAL ANSWER

-------------------------

Tsunami-
This is the only reason I brought it up.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2006, 10:37:38 PM »

John 3:16
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: